Contact us

Israel ESC United - LIVE from Tel Aviv - GRAND FINAL DISCUSSION

crashworld

Veteran
I'd say rather to their disadvantage. Fortunately it didn't work, like some people maybe expected. :mrgreen:

I don't see why it is a disadvantage to Norway, where sandwiched between non-hype entries could make them stand out even more and memorable.

Pawhlen

01. :nl: 498
02. :it: 472
03. :ru: 372
04. :ch: 364
05. :se: 334 (+1)
06. :no: 331 (-1)
07. :mk: 305 (+1)
08. :az: 302 (-1)
09. :au: 284
10. :is: 232
11. :cz: 157
12. :dk: 120
13. :cy: 109 (+2)
14. :mt: 107 (+2)
15. :sl: 105 (-2)
16. :fr: 105 (-2)
17. :al: 90 (+1)
18. :rs: 89 (-1)
19. :sm: 77 (+1)
20. :ee: 76 (-1)
21. :gr: 74
22. :es: 54
23. :il: 35
24. :by: 31
25. :de: 24
26. :uk: 11

EDIT: EBU has now officially spoken about the votes and they have now been corrected, so these results are the official - https://eurovision.tv/story/ebu-issues-statement-on-eurovision-2019-grand-final-result

NemesisNick

So the televote winner is not even in the top5 anymore. What a farce.
Correct, the same with the jury winner
Now that the EBU has spotted the original mistake with the aggregated Belarussian jury scores, and rectified the results, the "one half winners" are:
Jury voting: winner North Macedonia (previously second), now 7th overall
Televoting winner Norway (no change) , now 6th overall.

At least they're both in consecutive places overall, just like the erroneous jury winner Sweden (previously 6th overall) and televote winner Norway (previously 5th overall).

Elsewhere on the scoreboard, the UK now only has 8 jury points instead of 13 (its 3 televote points, all from Ireland unaffected), and hence an overall total of 11 points instead of 16 points. As a British citizen, living in the UK, I'm disappointed Michael Rice "lost" 5 points this way. There have been other losers and gainers as a result of this aftermath rectification. Nonetheless, read on ...

Think of it this way. If the substitute Belarussian jury results had been correct in the first place, the Belarussian spokesperson would have announced the correct set of "jury points", the scoreboard would have ended up with the correct scores from 1st North Macedonia 247 points to 26th Israel 0 points once all 41 juries' scores were on the board. With this in mind, I'm happy to accept the rectified results. I feel sorry for John Lundvik because of the way they put him in the spotlight at the end of the jury voting, and then put him through the cliffhanger moment against Duncan Laurence at the end. Also I feel even more sorry for the way Tamara Todevska (North Macedonia) wasn't put in the spotlight after being in the lead for so long, and seemingly "pipped at the post" for jury winner when Israel's jury points were announced, but she turned out to be the real jury winner anyway. Consequently she wasn't acknowledged as jury winner. Anyway congratulations to North Macedonia for winning the jury vote, and finishing 7th overall.

As for Sweden now being ahead of Norway and North Macedonia, despite having won neither half of the voting, well think of Sweden in the same league as Italy, Russia and Switzerland, who too won neither half of the voting.

This now puts me in an awkward position with writing my in-depth review of the ESC 2019 Grand Final to go on my blog, because, for starters, there are now more alternative scenarios for presenting the jury votes and televotes, because I feel I ought to do it with both the erroneous jury totals (as seen on the night) and corrected jury totals (as now declared official). For example, when announcing the televote totals, the correct order to announce them would have been Israel up to North Macedonia, instead of Spain up to Sweden.

Pawhlen

Indeed, I really wonder how they will solve this regarding the DVD, Madonna and the :is:-incident can be cut off but not the voting

Or will EBU skip the DVD altogether this year?

A very odd situation since this is the 4th time in ESC-history that the results are corrected after the actual show, the 3rd ones before were: 1976, 1996 and 1998

choda

Actually nobody recognize these results. Old ones are valid, and there are many reasons. One of them - Europe saw it on screen on Saturday night. Another one - Jon Ola said everything is fine. Another one - Poland is still damaged. And, why anyone needs DVD when you have full show on YT?

HayashiM

Veteran
Correct, the same with the jury winner

Well, some people will say that because the jury helped push some of their personal faves. But all in all, televote's voice matters a lot more to me, because these are the people that actually pay to vote, these are a lot more difficult to corrupt, these are what Eurovision should be about. It is so sad to see the televote downplayed and disrespected with how it gets less and less spotlight, and its winner is not highlighted enough / at all, unlike the jury vote.

BernadetteCydonia

I'm here because Iceland's thread got locked (wow you guys really can't shut up and enjoy the music sometimes), but I didn't want to say anything THAT significant... it's just that it's crazy seeing people I like enjoying the same music I like but then the artists' ideology throws those people off from enjoying the music? Have you ever heard of separating art from the artist? :? Listen to Leonora and "don't get too political" next time, at least you guys. ;)and I swear Rainy is the new Leo from .net

Pawhlen

I'm here because Iceland's thread got locked (wow you guys really can't shut up and enjoy the music sometimes), but I didn't want to say anything THAT significant... it's just that it's crazy seeing people I like enjoying the same music I like but then the artists' ideology throws those people off from enjoying the music? Have you ever heard of separating art from the artist? :? Listen to Leonora and "don't get too political" next time, at least you guys. ;)and I swear Rainy is the new Leo from .net

This kind of behaviour will result in the contest being put on halt for good in the future if not something will be done to stop this shit

Pawhlen

Eurovision? Put on half because politics and all? As if...

I was talking about the behaviour from so called "fans" on forums, on social media overall hating on others because the taste differs from their own, that´s disgusting and will in the end result in ESC being put on halt for good if they don´t stop

BernadetteCydonia

I was talking about the behaviour from so called "fans" on forums, on social media overall hating on others because the taste differs from their own, that´s disgusting and will in the end result in ESC being put on halt for good if they don´t stop

I highly doubt ESC should be put on hold just because Eurofans fight a lot and disagree with each other constantly. In the end of the day, we're all just equally Eurofans, equally enjoying the contest our own ways. Screw the minor details that make the viewing experiences sour. If I still manage to have a fun time during Eurovision, I still do! And no one's gonna change my mood for it ^^

Pawhlen

I highly doubt ESC should be put on hold just because Eurofans fight a lot and disagree with each other constantly. In the end of the day, we're all just equally Eurofans, equally enjoying the contest our own ways. Screw the minor details that make the viewing experiences sour. If I still manage to have a fun time during Eurovision, I still do! And no one's gonna change my mood for it ^^

So you think personal attacks (death threats etc) is ok? If people just could hold themselves to disagree about the songs rather than go full hate on people individually, ESC would be a more nicer event for everyone

Alaska49

okay, death threats and things on that level are never okay and the reason i left certain fandoms (hi drag race) but i have not seen that happen in this fandom yet and certainly not on this board. is that for real? that is terrible. i don't want eurovision fans to go down that road. being bitchy on the internet is normal and unavoidable but threats and harassment are not.

Miloutchi

being bitchy on the internet is normal and unavoidable but threats and harassment are not.
I propose we start to see being bitchy on the internet as abnormal too. Just because it happens so often, doesn’t mean we should just accept it. Just because it happens in the anonymous environment we call ‘the internet’, doesn’t mean it is acceptable behavior all of a sudden.

Kruto

Since the iceland thread is locked i put it here: Hatari performed a new song tonight, a collaboration with Palestinian artist bashar Murad and it sounds great... oh... it's open again...Good.

Alaska49

I propose we start to see being bitchy on the internet as abnormal too. Just because it happens so often, doesn’t mean we should just accept it. Just because it happens in the anonymous environment we call ‘the internet’, doesn’t mean it is acceptable behavior all of a sudden.
i mean i said "on the internet" but being bitchy in real life is also normal, it's just more avoidable. i think there is a line between threats and harassment, and just banter and shade (bisexual references™). the world would be incredibly unhealthy if we were forced to be polite and nice to each other the entire time. some people just don't know where to draw the line (triana park was robbed).

Reinventor

Social media brings the worst out in some people. Comment sections on Facebook, YouTube etc. are cesspits, people feel safe to say whatever they want from behind their computer/smartphone/tablet. It's like there are no boundaries left anymore, it's not something they'd be saying face to face.

Top Bottom