Contact us

ESC United LIVE from Stockholm - As it happened

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: ESC United LIVE from Stockholm - TONIGHT: EUROVISION 2016 (DISCUSSION THREAD)

Great ESC-final Show, :se: Sweden - and a very exciting new voting presentation implemented! xcheer
thumb_smiley1.gif

My personal top 8 favourites in tonight's final were:

1. :ru: Russia xlovexlovexlove
2. :az: Azerbaijan xlovexlovexlove
3. :au: Australia xlovexlove
4. :bg: Bulgaria xlovexlove
5. :cz: Czech Republic xlovexlove
6. :pl: Poland xlove
7. :it: Italy xlove
8. :at: Austria xlove

Result: Imo :ru: or :au: deserved to win, but congrats to :ua: with victory
thumb_smiley1.gif
(average song for me but it obviously had great appeal across Europe)

Already looking forward to next year's ESC!
thumb_smiley1.gif
thumb_smiley1.gif

Anthony Tesla

Re: ESC United LIVE from Stockholm - TONIGHT: EUROVISION 2016 (DISCUSSION THREAD)

I kinda feel an odd satisfaction with this victory, beyond the fact I liked the winning song, but also because, the SVT did everything in their power to give the victory to Australia or Russia, you know, delegations that could afford the contest, with mainstream, current sounding songs... and the country full with problems with a controversial song took the trophy.

WhoKnows

Do we have detailed televote results from the final?

Alaska49

this might have been my favourite eurovision year ever

also the results were 2011 levels of random but the new format exposed it all which is why it seems even weirder than usual. but really this is how running scared had won before so i'm not surprised and not disappointed with the system or the outcome

what even WAS poland's televote result though lmao. surely if it was just diaspora then monika would have done better than 47 televote points last year? michal had SOME sort of appeal that completely eluded the diehard fans and i'm fine with that

aef

this might have been my favourite eurovision year ever

also the results were 2011 levels of random but the new format exposed it all which is why it seems even weirder than usual. but really this is how running scared had won before so i'm not surprised and not disappointed with the system or the outcome

what even WAS poland's televote result though lmao. surely if it was just diaspora then monika would have done better than 47 televote points last year? michal had SOME sort of appeal that completely eluded the diehard fans and i'm fine with that

That's the big question of the evening for me!

aef

Armenia came 14th with Azeri televote in semi final. Amazing! :D

Wait WHAAAT?? Did it ever happen before that one of them was on a higher place than last place in the other country???

ag89

Wait WHAAAT?? Did it ever happen before that one of them was on a higher place than last place in the other country???

Azerbaijan was in 2009 7th with Armenian televote.

:D

ag89

Peace peace, love love.

:am: :az:

:D

Franzilein

So that was the ESC 2016 in Rome... uh, Stockholm. Kinda divided with my opinion.
I liked the hosts. Learned to love Petra, and Måns was okay as well, I guess. They did a good job most of the time, and some jokes like the one with Europe in the first semi final were pretty well, hehe.
However, I missed a bit of Sweden's culture. Why do they never show what they have to offer? Okay, they showed us that they do kinda well in music once again (I remember that ABBA-festival in 2013). But apart from that, I almost felt like I watched a show from the States, that Broadway-like Eurovision-song, having Justin Timberlake as an interval act, Måns "American accent" didn't help either... and so many special effects, Jesus Christ.
And these amazing voting results, lmao. Screaming witch from Ukraine, Special effects-show-off from Russia, Mr. Prince from Poland, while France, Latvia, Hungary and the Netherlands barely made it to the top, this ESC was such a let-down in my point of view. Getting turned down by it more and more since 2014...

Kairit

First of all ahhhhh, I'm so overjoyed for Ukraine obviously!!! xlovexlove

But second of all... I'm so f-ing glad and so happy Poland got third in televoting and Sweden got fifth place after aaaaalllll the bitter undeserved hate. Peace and love wins. xheartxheartxheart:D

Daybreak

The recap of Swedish music was awesome!

Edward

The recap of Swedish music was awesome!

I was very surprised to see a band like Clawfinger included in that clip :cool: Not to mention the iconic Günther!

strajker

Best part of the results...

9e6f8o3.png

strajker

if it wasn't posted before...

yay for jury making czech republic and georgia pass.
boo for belarus, poland, austria, san marino almost...

0FPITtA.png

cS9l0Yi.png

Salmon

But really, I can’t decide if this

KzSQx74.jpg

or this

rvpt28a.jpg

was my favourite moment in voting.

popavapeur

My fav part of Eurovision was at the end when Dumbledore just gave out a bunch of random last-minute points and the winner changed

Keko

Iconic.

zA430T4.jpg

Top Bottom