Contact us

ESC United LIVE from Stockholm - As it happened

NemesisNick

I've compiled a collection of statistics about every country that has participated in the Eurovision Song Contest from 1956 to 2016. These include the number of years past winners took to achieve their first win, countries still waiting for their first win, and the number of years since each former winner last won.

Eurovision Song Contest Statistics 2016

Despite the UK's poor showing in the Eurovision Song Contest for several years now, the UK is still one of best countries of all time in Eurovision. I've compiled league tables showing how every country that has ever performed in the Eurovision Song Contest from 1956 to 2016.

Eurovision Song Contest League Tables 2016

ag89

Interesting, if you go by average score in televote (like, you take all scores and make a medium), San Marino would have been 9th in semi final.

Average scoring is cool - for example, you have one country doing great in one region but in the rest being placed very low...That would open a place for some countries (like San Marino) to get through if they do fine (like middle of the table) but without high scores from certain countries.

:D

Maybe they can introduce that for semi finals... I played little bit: Bosnia came 8th with televote, but almost only because Bosnia got huge support from the region and diaspora. Other countries placed Bosnia very low.

So, going by average score, Bosnia would have been 11th with televote and not 8th.

Maybe it's more fair?! You can do great only with the region...and get zeros from the rest, but still qualify. Or you don't get massive support from anyone...but you finish 9th, 10t, 11th, ... in many countries and you earn better average score.

Same for Serbia in the grand final - it received points almost only from the region, and placed very low with almost any other televote. But these points were enough for 11th place. But if you take average score - Serbia would have been 22nd! With televote!

This might totally minimize friendly votes. I support.

tuorem

I think I may have a pretty solid personal top 10 now, even though it was quite difficult to rank some of the songs. Some slight changes (like 1 place lower or higher) may occur once I'll have taken a step back in a few months (because, you know, growers and faders do exist :D).

I've started my reviews, so I'll review all these in details later :p

CC92

I have just rewatched the 'Love love peace peace' interlude by Petra and Måns. Goodness gracious, it is so darn funny that it literally made me burst into tears once again. Actually I like neither of them by stage personality (thought she was horrible in 2013) but as a duo they were chiming together quite well. And this interval act is definitely the best ever alongside Riverdance.

Realest

"Love Love Peace Peace" reminds me a bit of ::cs 2005

Top Bottom