Contact us

ESC 2022 Predictions

popavapeur

Couldn't find a proper thread about it, delete it if it does exist and i'm just blind af

So I was wondering with 38 songs out of 40 which countries had some potential to be the winner, top 5 or top 10, so here's my list.
BTW I'm so bad at predicting stuff so don't mind me. Big ass long post incoming.

The winner is amongst these countries and will be the top 5 :
:it: :fr: :nl: :ua: :se:

- Italy : I don't think Italy is gonna win but they have a great song that will do well, to me they lean on 4th-5th place
- France : I was the first to say that there was nothing winning in the NF but with the lack of a clear winner this year, being one of the few uptempo/out there song, comparing to Shum that was 2nd in the televote - both entries having similar patterns - I think this can reach top 5 or even winning. Past winners to me have that thing in common with not being the most on fleek performance but kinda messy/not perfect/authentic/true to themselves (Toy included) that led countries like Sweden to flop with their pitch perfect staging in recent years or a Fuego too polished that people liked a little bit more the cookiness of a Netta. And Fulenn is kinda messy and I do think that's why it can win. And Deban said an interesting thing : it's not a song it's a performance and I totally agree, and that's why in the ESC fandom we're sometimes angry about some entries winning over others because it was a more a performance than a proper song we can listen to outside the contest or ending very high despite not being radio friendly. Can be 1st to 5th.
- The Netherlands : Reminds me of a Blanche that ended up 4th but S10 will carry herself far better than Belgium 2017, it's one of the best songs and it can reach a lot of people I guess. If not winning I think it's probably a 3rd place.
- Ukraine : The song isn't bad at all, Ukraine can stage anything (if they can this year) and I feel like people all over Europe are worried about what's happening right now and will probably want to send a message. It's maybe the biggest contender for victory even if I don't think it's the best song
- Sweden : Huge contender for the win too, it doesn't seem too perfect while having a solid song and as stated for France, people in recent years have been connecting to more raw stuff recently and Cornelia has the charisma to channel that. If not winning I think Sweden will be 2nd.

Top 10 :
:es: :pt: :no: :md:

Spain : Will 100% stand out this year but I don't think that's what people want to see winning (again if we look at the past winners) it's gonna be too polished and I don't think the song itself is a standout, Chanel is totally a standout though. It's a solid 6th place or even 5th place over Italy. It can also surprises us and end up higher but I don't get winner vibes. Some female pop entries last year that were better ended up not that high, there was competition which is not present this year but if they didn't win last year, I don't think it will too this year.

Portugal : it's a dark horse and I couldn't explain really why it will be top 10, I just feel it. Girl has huge charisma and again : the rawness, vulnerability, not so perfect staging that is trending these past years.

Norway : a 9th-10th place to me, like it's cool, it's fun, it's not winning but hey let's vote for it anyway. Don't think juries will buy it though.

Moldova : This is so stupidly serious and infectious and funny, it's like the Medina from the east, people like this kind of song that it's just 100% true to Moldova, while being authentic, people will connect with it, some juries will tank this entry and some others will push it, letting them reach top 10, I think it's a top 5 televote lock.

I miss one song to fill my top 10 but there are so many entries that can fit the spot 6th to 10th, I think :be: :uk: for example, maybe :pl: or :cy: or even :gr: :lt:

btw this can TOTALLY CHANGE once we'll see the first rehearsals, some entries will destroy their chances with a weird staging while some others will turn dirt into gold.

What are your predictions ?

QuirkyYodel

:cy: NQs
:mt: NQs despite all the strings they're pulling
:md: does very well (and qualifies)
:es: wins, as weird as it sounds... it does not sound like a winner at all but I feel like it can win in such a weak year
:rs: NQs. I can't see it getting saved by anyone bar Montenegro
:me: qualifies and has the same fate as :mk: 2019 in the final
:bg: doesn't end up dead last like everyone's expecting
I feel like :gr: will stand out in its semi but will flop terribly in the final but who knows, once again it's a very weak year

I would've also said Georgia qualifies too but SF2 is shaping up to be too strong for that to happen.

Ezio

Veteran
So, this Eurovision season so far plays perfectly into Jupiter in Pisces that began last year in May, that plays into an indulgence of sadness and nostalgia, alluding to depression, losses and transcendance. We saw in May 2021, how well Pisces songs did, such as Switzerland, France, also Ukraine to some extent. However, I would argue that all the joyful fem bops and the winner Italy are children of Aquarius.

This season Pisces is much more prevalent and we have wagon loads of songs that play this theme.

However, the caveat comes with the transit into Aries in Eurovision week. When spring has sprung, Covid winter has been overcome and being the month of May, all these ballads weigh way too heavy. And Aries demands raw, upbeat energy.

On jury final night the lunar sign is Libra, which is in love with love, but the carefree kind of love. Not the obsessive kind or hurting kind of love. It's a flirt and ready to party. Libra loves love songs and ballads, but also bops.

On the other hand, the lunar sign on Grand Finale night for televoting is Scorpio, so the voting public may seek to stare deep into the soul and find monsters and grievances to deal with. Scorpio is also an angry and vengeful sign which played also out in 2018, when Israel, Cyprus and Italy got whopping televoting scores.

Since there are so many ballads this year, and Jupiter in Pisces is in the past by then, I don't see great results for those, however, a soul-piercing, uncomfortable song could take it with the televoters. Poland maybe? Serbia? Jurors the prior night might be in for a cheesy love song or even with a bop. The overall theme with Jupiter in Aries is high octane firepower and energy.

Ezio

Veteran
Okay, so I just double checked the chart for May 14, and the raw energy might be muted by Mars Neptune conjunction in Pisces. This could give Italy, Poland, Holland or Greece a big boost. Venus in Aries is also muted when it comes to love songs, they are not buying it. Mercury in Gemini is a party lion. This Zodiac is all over the place, lol

In 2011, Jupiter was also in Aries for Eurovision, with the difference that it has been there for the entire season, and about to leave this sign. Most of the songs were incredibly upbeat, cancelling each other out, but in the end, Azerbaijan won with a gentle ballad, because Lunar Libra asked for it, and Italian piano jazz won the juries (Libra loves jazz, ask Salvador Sobral)

In 2010, Jupiter was on the very last degree of Pisces at Eurovision, but already conjunct with Uranus in Aries. The Top 3 were already kinda upbeat and fiery (Playing with fire) although the entire Eurovision season belonged to Pisces.

Last edited:

ESC94

Okay, so I just double checked the chart for May 14, and the raw energy might be muted by Mars Neptune conjunction in Pisces. This could give Italy, Poland, Holland or Greece a big boost. Venus in Aries is also muted when it comes to love songs, they are not buying it. Mercury in Gemini is a party lion. This Zodiac is all over the place, lol

Wel, I don´t really believe in astrology but I could live with these countries doing well. :)

midnightsun

Veteran
Copying my answer from another thread in which someone listed the top list of different YouTube videos combined… this was my reaction (prediction):

1. :es: Due to the lack of other bangers: top 10 for sure (#1 is a bit too high and include the usual Spanish fans)

2. :nl: Dark Horse. Top 5 realistic. (My guess is #2 or 3).

3. :gr: Top 10 probably but rather lower top 10. Greece fans are almost like Spain fans, voting like crazy for them even if they can’t vote for their own country in the final.

4. :it: Definitely. Maybe even higher.

5. :at: Doubtful but around 8-10 possible

6. :al: lol, the usual hype, it’s not even a sure qualifier

7. :pl: accurate, probably even higher (I‘d say #3-5)

8. :fr: Could be fan flop of the year, same fate like Mercy. Yes, I love it too but the staging is VERY messy and since we had a similar entry with Ukraine last year I‘m not sure if people vote again for folktronic, especially since it's a Western country. I‘d say France could be happy if they manage a top 10 result.

9. :cy: Could be. I personally expect a similar result like El Diablo.

10. :ua: Probably higher. Not only pity votes but this kind is usually well received in Eastern countries anyway. I‘d say from #1-5 everything is possible.

hpp0

:pl: I don't think it will do as well as people think. Actually I believe it will be higher in televoting due to the Polish diaspora and for exactly that reason, I think that the juries won't really go for it, no matter how good the singer is. I don't see it finishing in top 5.

:es: Has a high chance to win and will most likely be in the top 5. This year is compared a lot to 2011 (and rightfully imo) and in 2011 we had a rather bland song with a good performance that somehow stood out among the others. I think Spain checks all the mentioned boxes but we have to see how the other songs will be performed.

:se: Is a contender for the win and a pretty certain top 3. The reception it has, mostly on youtube, reminded me of the reception "Arcade" had and it seems to connect with many people like "Arcade" did. Juries will like it, but I think televoting will like it too (3rd - 5th).

:no: Won't do as well in televoting as some believe. I personally don't find it funny at all and the humour feels really forced, but I had seen some posts about people playing it to non ESC fans and they were not impressed, so I believe it isn't just be not getting it.

:md: If the performance is good, it is a guaranteed lower top 10 finish.

General: what happened last year to uptempto female songs will happen to ballads this year. Semi 1 in particular seems very dangerous to me.

Kaz

SF1

Safe qualifiers
:nl: :gr: :ua:

Likely qualifiers
:al: :at: :no:

Borderline qualifiers
:dk: :lv: :lt: :pt:

Borderline non-qualifiers
:md: :ch:

Unlikely qualifiers
:is: :sl:

Safe non-qualifiers
:bg: :hr:

SF2

Safe qualifiers
:ee: :pl: :se:

Likely qualifiers
:au: :fi: :ro:

Borderline qualifiers
:be: :cz: :me: :sm:

Borderline non-qualifiers
:cy: :il: :rs:

Unlikely qualifiers
:ie: :mt:

Safe non-qualifiers
:mk:

Final (based on these predicted qualifiers, random order):

1-5
:it: :nl: :se: :es: :ua:

6-10
:at: :ee: :fi: :fr: :gr:

11-15
:al: :au: :me: :pl: :pt:

16-20
:be: :cz: :dk: :ro: :uk:

21-25
:de: :lv: :lt: :no: :sm:

Realest

Top5: :it::ua::pl::gr::se:

Surprise NQ: :cy:
Surprise Q: :dk:

• Like It
Reactions: Jim

Zerocalcare

SF 1 Q:

:ua: :gr: :nl: :no: :at: :al: :lt: :pt: :ch: :md:

SF 2 Q:

:cz: :ee: :se: :cy: :pl: :fi: :me: :sm: :au: :ro:

For the moment I stop at the prediction of the result of the semifinals.

• Like It

ayzelto

My prediction:

1. Sweden (jury winner)
2. Italy
3. Ukraine (televote winner)
4. Norway
5. United Kingdom
6. Netherlands
7. Poland
8. Spain
9. Austria
10. Greece

crashworld

Veteran
Semi-Final 1
  • The Netherlands will win the semi.
  • Croatia and/or Switzerland will pull a surprise qualification.
  • Austria and/or Greece will pull a surprise non-qualification.
  • Latvia will finish last again.
Semi-Final 2
  • Poland will win the semi.
  • Israel and/or Montenegro will pull a surprise qualification.
  • Finland, Serbia and/or Belgium will pull a surprise non-qualification.
  • North Macedonia will finish last.

goncalovieira

SF 1

Safe Qualifiers

:nl: :ua: :gr: :no: :pt:

Likely Qualifiers

:at::lt::md:

Borderline Qualifiers

:al::ch:

Borderline Non Qualifiers

:am::dk::hr:

Sure Non Qualifiers

:bg::sl::is::lv:

• Like It

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
SF1 Q: :al: :am: :at: :gr: :lt: :md: :nl: :no: :pt: :ua:

- Possible alternatives: :hr: and :lv:
- Greece will be borderline (around 8th-10th in the semi)
- Moldova will easily qualify
- Juries will save Bulgaria from last (making Slovenia last)
- Austria will shockingly win the semi
- There will be a refrigerator at S10's performance (please let at least this one be true!!!!!!!!)

Realest

Semi 1

:ua::gr::no::at::nl::pt::lt::al::dk::md:: // :lv::am::ch::hr::is::bg::sl:

Semi 2:

:se::pl::ee::fi::az::rs::au::be::cz::mt: // :ro::me::cy::il::sm::mk::ge::ie:

• Like It

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Semi 2:

:az: :cy: :cz: :ee: :ge: :me: :pl: :ro: :rs: :se:

- Alternatives: :be: :il:
- Finland will be the shocking NQ.
- Australia will get less than five points in the televote.
- Serbia will get 12 from every jury and televote from the Balkan countries.
- Georgia will be top 5 in the semi.
- Romania will qualify with BOTH juries and televote.
- Emma Muscat will mess up the lyrics and sing part of out of sight at some point (kldfdsklfhdklf)

burrito

semi 1 Qs: :al: :nl: :lt: :ua: :at: :gr: :no: :pt: :is: :lv:
semi 2 Qs: :az: :au: :cy: :fi: :be: :cz: :ee: :pl: :se: :ro:

feelings:

:rs: and :me: will be tanked by juries, will end up 11/12th with very close margin to a 10th, possibly :au: or :ro:
:is: will be dead last with :0: from juries and only modest points from televote, whereas :mt: will be saved from the last place by the juries but still is getting big fat :0: from televote and like 20 points from jury
:lv: will be saved by televote, so will be :no:
:al: is a borderline q, it's either them or :sl: or maybe :am:
:at: won't do that good, they will get through but I can see Poland 2018 or Finland 2019 happening here, just to lesser extent
:gr: or :ua: will win semi 1, :se: will win semi 2

• Like It

midnightsun

Veteran
Semi 1 is much easier to predict. But, who knows.

In: Ukraine, Greece, Norway, The Netherlands, Lithuania, Moldova, Austria, Switzerland, Albania, Denmark
Surprises: Portugal NQ

In Semi 2 everything is possible and more open imo.

In: Sweden, Poland, Serbia, Finland, Estonia…it’s getting harder to predict now… Azerbaijan, Australia, N. Macedonia, Cyprus, Czech Republic.

• Like It
Top Bottom