Contact us

ESC 2019 National Finals

NemesisNick

Well folks, the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 national final season is now well under way. What national finals, apart from your country's own, have you watched so far?

I'm a UK resident and, so far this year, I've only watched one foreign national final, that being the live webcast of Slovenia's EMA final on Saturday 16 February 2019.

Whether or not your own country had / intends to have a televised national final, here's a place to state what foreign finals you've watched here. Has anyone watched another country's national heats and/or semi-finals as well online (if that's been possible outside the country they're intended for)?

Citelis

I watched SanRemo, Dora and Romania's national final and to be honest i'm not happy with the results! :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This year I have followed / am following: :fr:, :uk:, :ee:, :se:, :no:, :ua:, :pt:, :fi:, :au:

and i'm sort of following / have sort of followed: :ro:, :sl:, :al: and :hu:

Not seen any of the other live shows.

mauve

Veteran
I have watched NF from Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, France, Albania, Australia, Belarus (auditioning), Spain … will definitely follow a few more! :D

VirginiaVision

I kept up with/am currently keeping up with: :es: :sl: :cz: :au: :ee: :fr: :al: :lv: :ro: :fi: :hu: :uk: :is:
I didn't really keep up with/am not currently keeping up with: :me: :hr: :lt: :it: :by: :rs: :pt: :ua: :dk: :md: :se: :no: :de:

My definition of "keeping up with" doesn't necessarily mean watching the selection, it means I at least have a general idea of all the songs in the running and have an opinion on most of them.

JSSArcos

So far I just following (see the live and full show) NF from Italy, Estonia, Romania, France, Czech Republic, Australia and Portugal (of course) :D

Alaska49

the only NFs i haven't watched more than a handful of entries are belarus and moldova (and spain when it was on). everything else i watch the performances as much as possible even if i can't really even watch anything live.

NemesisNick

Here's my updated list of foreign national finals I've watched live, from the UK, over the internet:

Slovenia: EMA 2019 final - Saturday 16 February 2019
Germany: Unser Lied für Israel 2019 - Friday 22 February 2019
Denmark: Danish Melodi Grand Prix 2019 - Saturday 23 February 2019

If multiple finals were showing simultaneously, I didn't try having different ones open in different windows like some do, as surely it must be difficult to follow them all. I like to concentrate on just one. I haven't tried watching catch-up editions of finals that clashed, or ones I missed through not realising they were on, after they were shown.

tomos2019

I have watched the first semifinal of Melodifestivalen and the finals of Eurovision You Decide(UK),Eesti Laul(Estonia),Unser lied fur Israel(Germany) and A Dal(Hungary).

NemesisNick

Having seen the Icelandic national final tonight, my updated list of foreign national finals I've watched live, from the UK, over the internet:

Iceland: Söngvakeppnin 2019 - Saturday 2 March 2019

NemesisNick

Now that all the national finals have taken place, here is my final list of all the foreign national finals I've watched live, from the UK, over the internet:

Iceland: Söngvakeppnin 2019 - Saturday 2 March 2019
Belarus: Nationalny Otbor 2019 - Thursday 7 March 2019
Sweden: Melodifestivalen Final 2019 - Saturday 9 March 2019 (but not the earlier editions of Melodifestivalen Final 2019 previous weeks)

Wow, that's six foreign national finals altogether. That's the first time I've ever watched that many in a single year, previous years I've only watched one or two online. I'm amazed with myself as I didn't expect to watch this many national finals this year.

Did anyone else better me on watching foreign national finals for ESC 2019? Whichever country you're from, don't forget to exclude your own country's national final (if your country had one) from your count.

Last edited:
Top Bottom