Contact us

ESC 2018 General Discussion Thread

Realest

Ebu wont let Kosovo in. From the others, I only accept Liechtenstein.

mauve

Veteran
If :xk: enters, I´m pretty sure :rs: will withdraw,

:li: has confirmed participation 2019 already or?

No idea if Serbia would withdraw ... Has Liechtenstein really confirmed it? If so, I didn't know it yet!

Realest

Doesn't matter what YOU would accept. Be a little bit more open!

Im open for countries that lie in europe and dont bring the risk of politisation or political voting. Liechtenstein, Färöer Islands, Gibraltar etc.. would be welcomed by me or returns if slovakia or monaco..

tuorem

Those articles related to New Zealand are a non-event. AFAIK, the country hasn't expressed any will to join, which is just as well. It's simply overinterpretation of a random question to a random EU commissioner whose answer was "why not?". Next case please!

I'd rather ask Argentina and Mexico to take part so that Spain might reach the top 20 again :lol:

mauve

Veteran
Those articles related to New Zealand are a non-event. AFAIK, the country hasn't expressed any will to join, which is just as well. It's simply overinterpretation of a random question to a random EU commissioner whose answer was "why not?". Next case please!

I'd rather ask Argentina and Mexico to take part so that Spain might reach the top 20 again :lol:

Guess we need to make a WSC (World) out of ESC. :lol:

GRE

Im open for countries that lie in europe and dont bring the risk of politisation or political voting. Liechtenstein, Färöer Islands, Gibraltar etc.. would be welcomed by me or returns if slovakia or monaco..

Are you sure that these countries would not vote politically ?
Gibraltar would give high points to Spain & Portugal.
Liechtenstein would vote for Austria, Switzerland and Germany.
And Faroe Islands for Nordics.

Realest

Are you sure that these countries would not vote politically ?
Gibraltar would give high points to Spain & Portugal.
Liechtenstein would vote for Austria, Switzerland and Germany.
And Faroe Islands for Nordics.

Like San Marino always votes for Italy?

But even if.. Germany, Switzerland and Austria are the Countries with the least guaranteed Points, so it would only equalize the unfair Advantage that other Countries have compared to them. And the nordic Countries dont even give for each other guaranteed Points, why should Faroer Islands?

Pawhlen

No idea if Serbia would withdraw ... Has Liechtenstein really confirmed it? If so, I didn't know it yet!

I´m pretty sure I read somewhere that :li: was very likely to debut in 2019 but it could just have been a rumour

GRE

We should also have in mind tha Wales debuted in 2017 at the Eurovision Choir of the year, and in 2018 will debut in Junior Eurovision.

Realest

Austria? No way! It‘s a good song that I like but no winner vibes at all. He won‘t get much points from the juries.

I think he will win the Juryvoting :lol::lol::lol:

Sammy

Veteran
I just followed a discussion in this years Bulgaria thread, that became a general question for me. It seems as if for some it is really important that a song is successful outside the ESC bubble which I don't understand. Does this grow my pleasure of listening to it, just because it's high in some chart ranking? I don't think so. Or is the number of sold records any hint for the quality of the song? I‘d also doubt that.
Besides - there is not only the ESC-bubble. Think of all the different kinds of metal, indie, reggae, salsa, hip-hop, rap, and so on. Do they care so much about wether or not one tune is successful in the billboard charts or on iTunes? So why should fans do in the case of the ESC?
I mean - of course if an ESC song is a success later on - fine. But if not, this is by no means any criteria for me when it comes to its quality or wether or not it is a deserved winner and so on.

midnightsun

Veteran
I think he will win the Juryvoting :lol::lol::lol:

Well, ripping my comment apart out of the contest doesn't prove you right! ;-)
You should have included my remark about juries voting odds-friendly that comes next. So when I said Austria won't get many points from the juries it was at a time when not all songs were released and the odds weren't close to an end.

So my remark would have possibly be correct if Austria was in the top bottom 5 odds shortly before the (semi) final. I also wrote after the final that I can totally see why Austria was such a jury winner. It's a "safe song" to choose if you don't want to decide between the possible winners. At that time of my first remark, Israel and Cyprus weren't released or popular.

But anyway, you are welcome to write down your opinion. You have yours and I have mine. It's okay.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
LED screen pls. Rest could be a cardboard box. x

Top Bottom