Contact us

ESC 2017 news (production, pics etc.)

ag89

It seems a new tradition comes: the last year's host country votes first, and this year's host closes it.

Ezio

Veteran
I wish it could look incredible also from TV.

Maybe you could ask Oikotimes-Fotis to steal a TV for you from the press centre :)

Pawhlen

Voting order is the same as in the fake voting yesterday I think

It looks very simular like last year, so I guess the algorithm used in the years 2011-2015 is gone since the suspense now is when the televotes are announced, so keeping that for the juries is quite pointless

Nathan

I've been in Kyiv for the two weeks and it was amazing.
Beautiful city, nice people, great prices for everything, everything was well-arranged (public transport, press center, security etc.) and I just loved the city overall.
Thank you, Ukraine xheart

Fierro

Thank God this mediocre organisation ended.

What do you mean by "mediocre organisation"? 19th place for :gr: with cheap and poor pop song? :lol:

GRE

What do you mean by "mediocre organisation"?

Many mistakes.. This country wasn't ready for Eurovision.
Even with the help of swedes and other people, they didn't manage to do it well.
They really wanted, but they couldn't.
But hey, now it's past, and we should look forward.

ag89

Eurovision in Ukraine was really good, c'mon people.

Not at the level of Stockholm, but not far behind. It was way more interesting than let's say Vienna in 2015 or Baku in 2012.

Ezio

Veteran
Eurovision in Ukraine was really good, c'mon people.

Not at the level of Stockholm, but not far behind. It was way more interesting than let's say Vienna in 2015 or Baku in 2012.

What was the problem with Vienna please? Have you been there and could not enjoy it? It was totally devoted to the fans and the venue was in the city centre, fan areas in walking distance and public transportation was flawless.

There were way many complaints in previous Eurovisions with hospitality, public transports and fan areas, but virtually none when Vienna got the gig.

Komet Blu

This was a complete joke compered to 2015 in every way possible - from the organization and the stage, to the songs themselves.

Ezio

Veteran
I think it was better than expected.

What annoys me is the scoreboard. It could not have been less fancy. After the fantastic scoreboard of 1996, no one ever replicated this amazing 3-D scoreboard. This year was the most underwhelming in a long history of underwhelming scoreboards. It was a mere Excel spreadsheet with coloured boxes and video inserts.

The stage hosts did a great job. Graphically it could have been more fancy.

They apparently had a great press area, something Copenhagen for example had not. That was a shabby tent.

ag89

What was the problem with Vienna please? Have you been there and could not enjoy it? It was totally devoted to the fans and the venue was in the city centre, fan areas in walking distance and public transportation was flawless.

There were way many complaints in previous Eurovisions with hospitality, public transports and fan areas, but virtually none when Vienna got the gig.

I didn't like the show and that's all, but I am glad others enjoyed it.

Realest

Ridiculous. Ukraine did the only right thing holding on their dignity and not letting spit on their law. I dont want Russia to be Part of the Eurovisionfamily anymore. Thats unforgiveable.

AlekS

Veteran
UA:pBC confirmed the appeal but most def UA:pBC will sue the EBU or these money will be frozen forever :cool:

As for old Euronews debt most def the national authorities agreed to pay because they refused from the legal actions against the EBU thus they don't mind.

Another question is why did the EBU agree to give a loan 5-6 years ago to someone who's already got A LOT of unpaid debts (which were paid after that anyway)? Corruption inside of the EBU blossomed for years. Even decades.
Pro-Russian scum who was in charge of our Euronews is a brother of French-Lebanese billionaire who's big in France & close with French media business & their EBU leg. He was a close friend of Gaddafi & his son, he doesn't even hide it still.

5 years ago the EBU funded a dear friend of Gaddafi & Putin despite he's already had a big debts. I'm not even surprised now :lol: In any case a debt is a debt and it has to be paid. So I agree with the government.
As for Eurovision... the EBU and Russia will suck our big Ukrainian balls xshrug

Top Bottom