Contact us

ESC 2016 - General News Thread

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Meh. I was hoping for someone different. -_-

aef

I'm fine with Mans but what's so special about Petra that they let her host 3 (7 with the semis) Eurovision shows? xfacepalm

I wanted Alcazar, Sarah Dawn Finer or somebody else (a new face I don't know yet)...

Bench

Maybe because Petra was absolutely one of the best hosts we have ever had! Although a new face is welcome for me, but i'm not sure if someone can do an even better job.

aef

Maybe because Petra was absolutely one of the best hosts we have ever had! Although a new face is welcome for me, but i'm not sure if someone can do an even better job.

Well I have a completely different opinion concerning Petra... :rolleyes:

GermanBango

Well I have a completely different opinion concerning Petra... :rolleyes:

So do I.
She may be 'okish' with a co-host but her alone would be torture! She seems kind of unfriendly/arrogant to me.

PamSwynford

OMG...Sweden doesn't have any other host but Petra? xfacepalm No, I want someone new. Petra had her chance. Glad it will be Mans, he can do go job...But Petra again? Noo, please no! She is ok host but why she must be host of every esc in Sweden? xfacepalm

They had the same thing with Gina Dirawi because she's hosting too much shows on SVT, like the special Xmas show, MF, Musikhjälpen etc. Later it was revealed that they don't have many hosts under contract. Maybe they don't have many hosts who know French? xshrug

FilipFromSweden

I loooooove Petra, she is an excellent choice. I don't think Måns is suited to be a host though.

Also, they have PLENTY of people to choose from, I don't think anyone would've said no. But Petra is a pro.

aef

They had the same thing with Gina Dirawi because she's hosting too much shows on SVT, like the special Xmas show, MF, Musikhjälpen etc. Later it was revealed that they don't have many hosts under contract. Maybe they don't have many hosts who know French? xshrug

Even Nikolaj was able to pronounce the few french Eurovision words correctly... Well our commentator said that he had a sheet with the compatible phonetics in front of him... :lol:

lilka

I hope the rumours will turn out to be true.

Hele.

Hmm...well, maybe this is the case. xshrug

PamSwynford

I hope the rumours will turn out to be true.

Well, Tobbe Ek from Aftonbladet also confirmed it, so we don't need any drums on Monday for the press-conference.

MyHeartIsYours

Okay my ultimate choice was:
Petra, Eric, Mans (Green room)

My second choice was:
Petra, Mans, Eric (Green room)

So if they are the hosts, I'm damn happy with them :p Just please let Eric get to do a little bit of something! To me he and Mans are the face of Sweden in modern Eurovision :D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Sarah Dawn Finer & Måns would've been a better choice imo. or at least Gina Dirawi & Måns. I mean...Petra was great but please, Sweden, don't turn ESC hosting in a one-trick pony thing.

Top Bottom