Contact us

ESC 2016 - General News Thread

anto475

So it seems all the corruption and shady business of the EBU is coming visible and clear to everyone. First Jarmo Siim was fired, then Sietse Bakker's business with the EBU was revealed, Kath Lockett was fired, and it seems Vladislav Yakovlev has followed her out the door!

It's all looking pretty shaky for Jon Ola Sand & co, where will it lead next? Hopefully to a fairer and more transparent organisation of the contest, and a fairer and more transparent contest itself. Loath as I am to quote that bottomfeeder Fotis Konstantopoulos, but he's right.
hopefully the fan sites will stop been scared and start publishing this kind of stories
Fan sites like oikotimes, wiwibloggs, esctoday, eurovisionary, esckaz, and maybe even escunited need to take a stand and start asking that awkward questions that fans are dying to be asked.

LalehForWD

So it seems all the corruption and shady business of the EBU is coming visible and clear to everyone. First Jarmo Siim was fired, then Sietse Bakker's business with the EBU was revealed, Kath Lockett was fired, and it seems Vladislav Yakovlev has followed her out the door!

It's all looking pretty shaky for Jon Ola Sand & co, where will it lead next? Hopefully to a fairer and more transparent organisation of the contest, and a fairer and more transparent contest itself. Loath as I am to quote that bottomfeeder Fotis Konstantopoulos, but he's right.

Fan sites like oikotimes, wiwibloggs, esctoday, eurovisionary, esckaz, and maybe even escunited need to take a stand and start asking that awkward questions that fans are dying to be asked.

Aftonbladet Tobbe Ek: Ännu en Eurovision-chef får sparken för kritiska frågor

Vlad Yakovlev:

Pawhlen

I guess it´s confirmed once and for all, a great organisation will be filled by corrupt people sooner or later. And it´s the fans that have to suffer for it all the time

LalehForWD

I don't speak Swedish.
Can you translate what the article is about please?

What the reporter says is pretty much the same as the text for which you can use Google translate and get the general meaning. Of course we don't get to hear the full and true story, so everything is up to speculation and we have probably just seen the beginning of the scandal (if it indeed is a scandal).

niko

Banned
What the reporter says is pretty much the same as the text for which you can use Google translate and get the general meaning. Of course we don't get to hear the full and true story, so everything is up to speculation and we have probably just seen the beginning of the scandal (if it indeed is a scandal).

WOW. Rude.

LalehForWD

Jon Ola Sand appears to get the criticism and blame for the EBU scandals during 2015. To me it seem a bit odd and my guess it's largely unfair. Lack of transparency, nepotism and corruption are hardly Scandinavian signums. The similarities with FIFA may very well be superficial.

More strange is the silence and the indifference among the Eurovision fans regarding these things. For example thousands of manic angry comments about various ridiculous Christer Björkman conspiracies, but when something real happen, the engagement is revealed as hollow and false. Or are they just scared and worried for their accreditation to the contest?

Chorizo

Jon Ola Sand appears to get the criticism and blame for the EBU scandals during 2015. To me it seem a bit odd and my guess it's largely unfair. Lack of transparency, nepotism and corruption are hardly Scandinavian signums. The similarities with FIFA may very well be superficial.

More strange is the silence and the indifference among the Eurovision fans regarding these things. For example thousands of manic angry comments about various ridiculous Christer Björkman conspiracies, but when something real happen, the engagement is revealed as hollow and false. Or are they just scared and worried for their accreditation to the contest?

Maybe he has been in Switzerland for too long. FIFA HQ isn't too far, is it? :lol:

julien4ESC

For me the real question is where all the millions euros (from participation fees and televoting) earned with ESC go ?

aef

When do we finally get a logo, slogan, theme or anything?? :( :confused: It takes sooo long this year until we get any information!

marty

When do we finally get a logo, slogan, theme or anything?? :( :confused: It takes sooo long this year until we get any information!

thats exactly what i wanted to ask :-)
last year at this time we had almost everything - logo, slogan, stage design, name of hosts....

hopefully this year everything will be a huge surprise :-)

Chorizo

It either takes so long because they are preparing something really great or they have come up with something cheap and disappointing and struggle with the PR campaign that is supposed to convince us otherwise. xthink

Stiven

Didn't some broadcasters wait until Jan. 1st to announce their logo?
I think it's going to be the same this year.

PamSwynford

Hele.

OMG...Sweden doesn't have any other host but Petra? xfacepalm No, I want someone new. Petra had her chance. Glad it will be Mans, he can do go job...But Petra again? Noo, please no! She is ok host but why she must be host of every esc in Sweden? xfacepalm

Top Bottom