Contact us

ESC 2014 in Copenhagen - all the news

LoveHate

Re: ESC 2014 in Denmark - where should we host it?

Here's a crazy idea: Malmö Arena. It's a short train ride away from downtown Copenhagen.

Yamarus

Here's a crazy idea: Malmö Arena. It's a short train ride away from downtown Copenhagen.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

That's the best option yes. :lol:

No Name

Parken Stadium :twisted:

I want a maximum of people we can hold in a stadium to break another record :twisted:

If they go for Parken they probably won't aim at breaking any records. Unlike in 2001, they'd probably only use half capacity (20.000 or so) for ESC 2014. There's not a chance they'd be able to gather 40.000 people for each semi-final anyway.

toinou03

Why not in Godthåb in Greenland? :)

xrofl3 Or in Faroe Islands, it would be very practical ! :eek:

May we win soon in order to host the contest in Saint-Denis de La Réunion, Papeete Tahiti or Cayenne Guyane ! xrofl3

A-lister

Veteran

Big fat NO!

Eventhough Malmö is closer to me (well I sorta live here :lol:), but this city has once again made a world-wide fool out of itself with the fundamentalist muslims and political radicalists politicizing the ESC week and make it uncomfortable for guests... never again!... Malmö is unworthy of hosting any international event really, the reason it was chosen by SVT in the first place was because of internal politics and SVT propaganda aimed to the Swedish public... and not because it was the best choice as host city or arena in Sweden.

Anyways, it will never happen so...

No Name

I just made a quick search on youtube and found the full JESC 2003-show:

The show was held in Forum, Copenhagen so this might be an opportunity that DR is considering if they want the show in Copenhagen.

Verjamem

10.000 ? No no. Sorry, but it can be not enough for major competition, which are without a doubt the Eurovision Song Contest.

cassio

I just made a quick search on youtube and found the full JESC 2003-show:

The show was held in Forum, Copenhagen so this might be an opportunity that DR is considering if they want the show in Copenhagen.

I don't think that we should go back to a small ESC events, Forum can hold an audience of max 7.000 if the stage size are Malmö size. And there are not enough space for a green room.

Parken in Copenhagen reduced to an audience of 20.000 and hopefull a huge investment in sound improvement would be my best bid on a event place and city

Krishoes

Best place: Boxen - Best city: Copenhagen.

I think that Parken, with a good job on sound, will be a good choice. Herning is not the better city to reach for many people.

LalehForWD

I think communications in Denmark are supergood and the trains feels like a huge subway. I don't think anyone will gain much time travelling locally in a big city like Copenhagen compared using the trains going to a small town. Fixing a pulsating Herning nightlife for 2 weeks wouldn't be impossible either. :D

GermanBango

maybe they should just use half of the Parkens capacity! Please don't go too small because I planned that the ESC '14 will be the first I ever attend live :D

Verjamem

Parken Stadium with 20-25.000 available places, the best choice by me.

A-lister

Veteran

Parken Stadium with 20-25.000 available places, the best choice by me.

Parken would be good, if they manages the technical difficulties though...

Again 2001 ESC was a nightmare and one of the laziest ESC productions since 00's...

anto475

Parken would be my favourite, if they just cut off half the stadium and had a real stage unlike in 2001. They should collaborate with their neighbours to the south, DR could learn a lot about making a stadium work from ARD (2011).

Yamarus

Parken would be my favourite, if they just cut off half the stadium and had a real stage unlike in 2001. They should collaborate with their neighbours to the south, DR could learn a lot about making a stadium work from ARD (2011).

Yup, Esprit Arena in 2011 was put to very good use, I'm sure they can do the same with Parken.

cassio

Danish viewer ratings for the final..... DR has announced that 1.704.000 tv's was tuned in on DR's transmission of the ESC, thats a marked share of 80%.... YES... 80%

Last year the viewer ratings for the final: 990.000

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Parken. Copenhagen. This is a piss easy choice. Do not make the same mistake that Sweden did.

Top Bottom