would they have done better nowadays

also a remedios amaya appreciation post

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Remedios Armaya & Paul Oscar yasssssss

source.gif

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Absolutely 0 of you should be surprised I have a stash of grainy, oversized Remedios gifs which I will now share:

BQa5Fuq.gif

mw5dieq.gif

TgmSt6g.gif

yXRf6Ds.gif

ICONIC NIL POINTS GODDESS.

Oh Iceland is the king of these. :lol:

Bitch plz.

Weird 80s Experimental Belgium xheart

there's an endless supply of songs in this category tho. I'll let other people link Schmetterlinge, Sébastien Tellier, Carlos Paião, The Social Network Song, Telemóveis, Shin & Mariko, ...

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Absolutely 0 of you should be surprised I have a stash of grainy, oversized Remedios gifs which I will now share

Thank you so much. That song is a gift.

LastDreamer

Banned
Silvia Night - Congratulations

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yes well Silvia bombed because SHE'S NOT A SLUT FROM HOLLAND OR AN UGLY FUCKING OLD BITCH FROM SWEDEN.oOX

Realest

^She flopped because she was horrible offkey.

BernadetteCydonia

Telemóveis. Because it was sadly too experimental for the current juries. And maybe a handful of locals too.

Rain of Revolution was prolly a bit too messy for everyone, and idk if it would have ever garnered an audience that would've put them through

Alaska49

DID SOMEONE SAY

SCHMETTERLINGE

MUSIC IS.... MONEY!! FOR THE RECORD COMPANY. absolutely iconic and flawless, a kind of witty absurdism that only comes into our lives very rarely and is never rightfully appreciated when it does (STAN TELEMÓVEIS YOU COWARDS). 17th place in the 70s really was 1st place.

also a word of appreciation for the very very very very VERY first Internet Fan Favourite Who Flopped In the Televote

also the very first victim of running order assassination. sandwiched between selma and charlotte lmfao rip :( still, this absolute ANTHEM deserved better and europe was Wrong in 1999 for this flop

Alaska49

also, i love her and do wish she got more points, but no. in the current state of affairs, qualifying already counts as doing well for any country except russia and sweden (and the autofinalists but duh). that's that on that. katerine got greece back in the final and i am very proud of her. we don't need to be putting her in the same basket as conan.

tomos2019

also a word of appreciation for the very very very very VERY first Internet Fan Favourite Who Flopped In the Televote

also the very first victim of running order assassination. sandwiched between selma and charlotte lmfao rip :( still, this absolute ANTHEM deserved better and europe was Wrong in 1999 for this flop

Absolutely. It's my winner of 1999! :cy::cy::cy:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Boggie - "Wars for nothing" and Agnete - "Icebreaker" are the first 2 examples that come to my mind. Both are my #1 of their respective years and there's no doubt that these 2 are among the most revolutionary songs ever in ESC.

Top Bottom