Contact us

Effifestivalen 3 // THE SHOW! (RESULTS TONIGHT @ 20:30 CEST)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Welcome to the show of Effifestivalen 3, hosted in Oussou Empire by the one and only Efi Thodi:

3tVHTOD.jpg

xdance2xdance2xdance2

Efi will not only host, but also sing all the entries by herself. It will be a great honour for all the nations that take part to listen to the songs that were selected for them sung by Efi Thodi. This will help the concept of the sender remaining unknown to the receiver.

There will be a guessing game, so each one should guess who sent him each song. The person with the most correct guesses will get a CD with all the hits sung by Efi Thodi, with a personal dedication by her! :D

The order in all the lists will be random, and each one will get a different running order.

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Here are the entries of each nation:

(PART 1)

::nbs New Bander State

::yap Yaponesia

::cal Calypso

::doi Doire

::fer Fervorosia

::tan Tanoiro

::rum Rumia

::moi Moisantia

::uje Ujedinjeni Gvozd

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
(PART 2)

::cyd Cydoni-Gibberia

::hal Halito

Tamausia & Deltannor

::ser Serenes

::ari Arirang

Effiland

::ous Oussou Empire

::kad Kadis

::rah Rahasia-Diati

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Don't know if you noticed it, but a song appears in the lists of 3 nations. :eek:

Edit: It's in two nations, it was going to be three but one time was for Kalos Metropolis that withdrew.

Last edited:

pyryniemi

one of the ::moi entries is a former nsc entry, as well as two Tamausia & Deltannor entries xthink is this allowed?

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I quoted the rules for Effifestivalen in the confirmation thread, but I guess it could have been easy to miss, so here they are again:

Re: Effifestivalen 2 // Deadline 24.06

Yes, it is time for the most important part: searching for songs!

Rules regarding the entries:
- NSC and ESC songs are not allowed
- Artists representing the country in question in the past are not allowed (for example, you cannot send Laleh to Zombira)
- Songs that by any other means are known to be someone's favorites (if they told you they liked some song, or if you remember them giving high points to a certain artist in NSC, etc.). // Remember - it's a game of guessing. Exploiting your knowledge is considered unfair.
- Of course, you don't have to like the songs you choose.

Technical info:

Deadline: 04.07.13 (thursday included)

Send all songs to me by PM, you may do it in several parts if you like.

The important points here:

-No former NSC entries allowed (because otherwise you could just choose songs that the person has voted for in the past)
-No artists that the nation has sent to NSC (this is to prevent people spamming former artists of the nations for easy points)

Since one of my entries is a song by I Don't Know How But They Found Me, that should not be allowed either. That one is kind of a weird case, since the edition is still ongoing, but it feels very much against the spirit of the contest.

Idk though, maybe we should let these slide, since it wasn't super clear whether we were using these rules.

takeru

Yayyy great show!! Been very excited about this.

As predicted, Yapo got quite a few Japanese entries, but I’m pleased that they’re mostly names I don’t know. Got quite a few Russian songs too, which I suppose is also a recent Yapo trend :mrgreen:

As for the discussion at hand, my personal view is probably to let it slide, considering it’s like 3 entries out of 300 or so. Especially the old NSC repeat rule as I understand it would be a huge undertaking for a new nation to have to look up everything (esp since the database went down during confirmation)

Major kudos to Foti for collecting all the songs xcheer

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I quoted the rules for Effifestivalen in the confirmation thread, but I guess it could have been easy to miss, so here they are again:

The important points here:

-No former NSC entries allowed (because otherwise you could just choose songs that the person has voted for in the past)
-No artists that the nation has sent to NSC (this is to prevent people spamming former artists of the nations for easy points)

Since one of my entries is a song by I Don't Know How But They Found Me, that should not be allowed either. That one is kind of a weird case, since the edition is still ongoing, but it feels very much against the spirit of the contest.

Idk though, maybe we should let these slide, since it wasn't super clear whether we were using these rules.

Since it's just the beginning, I will contact the nations that sent these songs so they send another song instead. Can you PM me which ones should I contact for that reason?

I already contacted the persons who sent I Don't Know How But They Found Me for you and Little Big for Moisantia to send a replacement.

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I contacted the ones who sent Gigi D'Agostino for Moisantia and Rhys and K-391, Alan Walker, Tungevaag, Mangoo for Tamausia & Deltannor to send replacements. Have I missed anyone else?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
If you're looking at former artists someone has sent me Capital Cities (who I have won NSC with) but it doesn't bother me either way... :p

ferret

I sent 4 artists from my list to various contests, but I don't see any problems either. :lol: I think the other songs won't get automatic 12, they might just be a lot worse! :mrgreen:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I sent 4 artists from my list to various contests, but I don't see any problems either. :lol: I think the other songs won't get automatic 12, they might just be a lot worse! :mrgreen:
I see what you mean, I don't like all songs from the artists I sent in NSC, but it's against the rules of this particular spin-off to send an artist that someone sent in the past in NSC.

renzo

Just so it is out there, one of my songs is from Balthazar, and I had sent a member of this band to NSC (Warhaus). However I don't see a problem with this, as it is definitely impossible to know this unless you are familiar with the band members and their solo projects. Since it is a different artist name, I would leave it as it is.

I am also glad I received a lot of unknown songs, so thank you!

Top Bottom