Contact us

EESTI - Estonia 2010 - Malcolm Lincoln - Siren

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

PoppySnuggleGlass

Ah, it's a pity Estonia didn't get through, it was my favourite entry this year, but I'm not at all surprised. I think it was a bit too 'indie' to succeed in the Eurovision Song Contest.

I would have voted, but I couldn't. Shame, because there's nothing in Semi Final 2 that I really want to vote for... Maybe Switzerland...

peter007

I voted!! But I guess it didn't make any difference :roll:
I think it is one of the few songs of eurovision that can actually reach my Ipod playlist. :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Sorry Estonia for not making the cut. I didn't expect you to but I always wish every country the best of luck. I guess it was too strange and irrelevant. But I know you'll be back next year with a great song......

LadyKiller

Banned
peter007 said:
I think it is one of the few songs of eurovision that can actually reach my Ipod playlist. :D

Well I guess most of us who liked this song knew that the odds were against.
Still, it's always nice to see a country not afraid to send something different. I'd love to see Greece experiment for once.

P.S. Is Jorge Costa coming to PAOK or is he signing with Academica? Do you know anything? :mrgreen:

Tristran

LadyKiller said:
peter007 said:

Well I guess most of us who liked this song knew that the odds were against.
Still, it's always nice to see a country not afraid to send something different.

xyeah I'm sad Estonia didn't make the final, but expected this outcome as well. :roll: Too bad really, because they gave their best, and I noticed among my friends that it began to grow on them during the recaps, but sadly it didn't impress on the first viewing.

lenasatellite

no good sign to see my favorite song (beside "satellite" by lena) disappear right at the beginning. i really did the voting via telephone but obviously i couldn't change it. but i am sure that malcolm lincoln is no one-hit-wonder. the track perhaps was too "arty" for the audience.

Bonnie

I felt upset for Malcolm Lincoln most yesterday :( It was quite unfair :/ That was great. Unluckily couldnt get. :/

markovs

Gutted, gutted, gutted. Loved this, and the performance, and the final will be all the poorer without it. A real breath of fresh air. How drivel like Russia, Belarus, Moldova and Bosnia got through whilst this didn't, just beats me.

My favourite (along with Belgium) in the first semi and straight on to the mp3 player.

Well done Estonia, and unlucky. A brave effort!!

lenasatellite

again. it is a shame. this song was the ONLY ONE on the first semifinal which sounded like a critically acclaimed indie-act.
most of the rest was usual esc-rubbish. sorry, esc-fans, but most of the songs are normally irrelevant for current music. it is so far too naive, far too traditional, far too uninteresting. nobody under 35 would normally listen to the music of most contestants outside of the contest.

my top 3 of the final would have been:

1. lena: satellite (germany)
2. ESTONIA: malcolm lincoln - siren
3. maybe israel, maybe bosnia-herzegovina, maybe belgium

Deltage

Well, as I don't like this new mainstream pop attitude of passing something that's simply weird and unprofessional as "original" or "creative" or whatever, I obviously didn't like this song.

peter007

I feel the need to post the awesome performance of Estonia, that has nothing of unprofessional (just because someone doesn't like it doesn't make it unprofessional).

[center:32duzlgy][youtube:32duzlgy]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbRlwsLVgjE&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbRlwsLVgjE&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:32duzlgy][/center:32duzlgy]
How beautiful it was, and perfectly sang.

wittgenstein

peter007 said:
I feel the need to post the awesome performance of Estonia, that has nothing of unprofessional (just because someone doesn't like it doesn't make it unprofessional).

[center:2zefkvyh][youtube:2zefkvyh]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbRlwsLVgjE&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbRlwsLVgjE&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:2zefkvyh][/center:2zefkvyh]
How beautiful it was, and perfectly sang.
xgood

Deltage

peter007 said:

Well, I have a very specific idea what I consider a good, professional song since I'm a musician myself, so we obviously disagree. But I've never myself supported the idea of somehow judging music (or movies, art, etc.) so I don't have a problem with that, just the hype over this song is getting sort of annoying.

Scooby

Although not gone away, this song will be among my favorite from this year's Eurovision.

Milos-BC

I knew it was going to fail. It was just too much for ESC, and most people don't have "ears" for such music. Plus, it doesn't stand out on the first listening either.

Nevertheless, it will remain as one of the best songs for me :cool:

Next year, I hope Estonia sends Rolf Junior and repeat the success of Urban Symphony :D

Fluke

So good, but not that ESC-ish i guess.... but i remember it very well :)

Milos-BC

yet another underrated entry. I understand why it failed though. It is totally alternative, and way too out of the stage for the competition. But I really like it.

Pawhlen

Sometimes, I fell very blind, I have watched many ESC:s again and again and still I didn´t recognize that one of the members in the backing choir fainted at the end of the performance during the live broadcast xfacepalm xshock1

it only took 7 years to recognize :p

it happens 3:31 into the video

Top Bottom