Contact us

EBU Statement: Irregular voting patterns during Second Semi-Final 2022

HarryUK

I'm glad the EBU have been transparent and it's definitely the right call.

Really shows up the Romanian & Azeri delegations for throwing their toys out of the pram!

EscGeek

Veteran
Now can someone please calculate how the results would look like if EBU hadn't noticed thisxpray

Rocket man

Well done EBU. Cheaters being called out on their bullsh*t. The cheating countries will release their grand final votes but not their semi final votes, and now the EBU has done it for them.

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m glad EBU is calling them out. These voting patterns/jury deals are harming the integrity of the contest.
15% of the juries voluntarily cheated - something televoters can´t even come up with.
Televoting > Juries, always.

FilipFromSweden

I don't know what is more embarassing, that these six countries cheated or that some users here directly blamed the EBU when their jury scores were deemed invalid

mitch67

i wonder which conclusions thje EBU will take of the things happeing and how they will change the system..

Bobjan FR

Yeaaah finally they reveal the "original votes". They could have done it earlier, or maybe it was to see how the cheating delegations would react.

They don't talk about any sanction... maybe they consider the removal of the juries as a sanction already. Anyway, disqualify the countries would have been sad for the singers that were qualified the normal way - and probably didn't know about all of that - . At least, with or without the cheating, the qualifiers remain the same. Their cheating wasn't even worth it lol.

HarryUK

I don't think the 6 countries should be banned - these dodgy deals could have (and most likely) happened without delegation or broadcaster knowledge

HayashiM

Veteran
I don't think the 6 countries should be banned - these dodgy deals could have (and most likely) happened without delegation or broadcaster knowledge
Aren't the jury names secret (until after the competition) these days?
I would like to believe what you write, but I doubt it - someone has to learn the names of all juries, put the plan together, make careful calculations so the eventual average ends up as requested and make all those juries agree and vote accordingly...

HarryUK

Aren't the jury names secret (until after the competition) these days?
I would like to believe what you write, but I doubt it - someone has to learn the names of all juries, put the plan together, make careful calculations so the eventual average ends up as requested and make all those juries agree and vote accordingly...
Secret to you and I yes.
I just can't envisage a broadcaster or delegation being openly involved in vote rigging on this scale, because they're in theory saying their representative isn't worthy of the final under fair voting conditions...

HayashiM

Veteran
(It's funny how those responsible could come up with individual jury votes in a way it all adds up, yet didn't see how the resulting points are immediately suspicious :D )

Navn Navnes

Then we should abolish the televotes to stop countries from voting for their neighbours
It just goes round in a circle
That is not the same thing( Even though i don't like that at all, the last time i would have voted for Sweden is 2000, and Denmark 2001) Thus is shady dealings from juries who are supposed to be profesionals judging the entries fairly , voting for your neighbour is done for many different reasons, but it is not because of shady strategy.

Last edited:

HarryUK

That is not the same thing( Even though i don't like that at all, the last time i would have voted for Sweden is 2000) Thus is shady dealings from juries who are supposed to be profesionals judging the entries fairly , voting for your neighbour is done for many different reasons, but it is not because of shady strategy.
Weren't Azerbaijan caught buying the Maltese televotes before
If the televotes can be rigged, the juries obviously can be.

I don't have an issue with 'neighbourly' voting as much as most in the UK, because it's a cultural thing. I was just trying to emphasise my point.

Top Bottom