Contact us

EBU Statement: Irregular voting patterns during Second Semi-Final 2022

Realest

If a country’s jury scores are invalid, they should just double their televote points

Exactly.

I calculated how the Final Results would have looked like:

Juryvote:

uinw88mx.jpg

Combined Vote.

4t2hikvo.jpg

Summary: :es: and :uk: changed Positions as well as :no: and :pt:.
:ee: climbs up 2 Positions while :nl: and :pl: fall 1 position.
:am: climbs up 3 Positions while :ro:, :ch: and :be: fall 1 position.

A-lister

Veteran
And still people believe in the juries :lol:

Anyways the countries that cheated should just own up to that and come back clean next year, I find it so ridiculous with these threats of withdrawal when it's so obvious that there were irregularities. Plzzz

FilipFromSweden

I kinda love how messy it is that five people in Romania might have cancelled their 2023 participation just for a bit of money

ESC_12 points

1) In the semi final there isn't a spokesperson who announces the point. The presenters do so, so no need for a bad connection, and the cheated votes didn't change the qualifiers anyway
2) this is decided by the algorithm
3) I read that they asked the spokespersons/broadcasters to announce the algorithm points, those who didn't agree had a 'bad connection' (less awkward than the spokesperson saying their unchanged 12 points, with martin interrupting them and going 'no no they cheated, 12 points go to x')
4) greece-cyprus is basic block voting that happens every year, no weird irregularity with 6 mostly unrelated countries suddenly scoring each other's mostly unpopular songs high
Your answers do not have ground but common arguments that the EBU told us.
it does not matter who announce the votes, and my point is that why their irregular votes were disqualified in the Final, instead of semi-final, when they had actually conducted irregular votes accordion to the EBU.

ESC_12 points

Sweden’s jury points in the semi:

:au: Australia 12
:ee: Estonia 10
:be: Belgium 8
:mt: Malta 7

Sweden got from these countries:
:au: Australia 12
:ee: Estonia 12
:be: Belgium 10
:mt: Malta 12

but EBU will never have the balls to warn or ban Sweden xqueenbitch

besides, all these years Finland mostly gave its 12 points to Sweden....

Top Bottom