Contact us

Drama

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Come on, RTCG. Put on your big gurrl sequins and get over it.

Pawhlen

In some odd way, I can understand their anger, not because they have a "corrupted jury" that it´s only a fog wall for saying: "many other countries like :az:, :am: and :md: had suspicious jury voting too and they don´t get any investigation from EBU"

But two wrong moves don´t make one of them acceptable still

But since this ist he third year that the :me: jury has voted very strange, they might be the first country to get punished by the new rule

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
In some odd way, I can understand their anger, not because they have a "corrupted jury" that it´s only a fog wall for saying: "many other countries like :az:, :am: and :md: had suspicious jury voting too and they don´t get any investigation from EBU"

I believe you're referring to Moldova's top marks for Romania across the board and Armenia and Azerbaijan's bottom marks for each other across the board. Those votes are certainly dubious, but there's no rule against dubious voting. It's quite believable (at least to me) that 5 separate Moldovans, Armenians, and Azerbaijanis would vote the way they did without speaking to each other, but DIGAME decided that the Montenegrin votes did not meet that standard.

But since this ist he third year that the :me: jury has voted very strange, they might be the first country to get punished by the new rule

Yes, but this was the first time the EBU said anything about :me:, so I don't think they should be punished more than any other country in their shoes would be. There should be repercussions of some kind for both them and Macedonia, though, since there was more talk about jury independence this year.

Brandt

The best news I heard in a while

excited-baby.gif

Bye bye Montenegro! Not to see anytime soon!

Kaz

TBH I won't really care if :me: is kicked out.. I mean, of course I want as many participants as possible, but I only really liked their 2009 entry..

ElRuso

Last year Georgia, this year Montenegro and Macedonia. There is only right way for EBU to solve this - get rid of the juries.

niko

Banned
Yeah, it's Montenegro's fault indeed :?

But what does the EBU do about the...let's say...questionable jury voting from Azerbaijan, Armenia and even Georgia?
Will the EBU punish Lithuania for the biased political jury vote against Russia this year too?
What will the EBU say about the artificial win of Sweden this year? Sweden finished 3rd in the tele-vote. Come on, the gap is too big to be justified.
What will the EBU say about Bulgaria's miss-qualifications even when that country scored in the top 10 both in 2012 and 2013, but didn't pass, because of the jury vote? If it happens once, I'm OK with it, but twice in a roll? Looks fishy to me.:?
What about Poland in 2014 that finished 5th in the tele-voting, finished first in the British tele-vote, but because of the juries, the UK didn't give a single point to Poland?
Is the jury's job to vote for artistic qualities or it exists to vote against countries like the jury in Azerbaijan that gives very few points to Armenia and vice-versa?
So many questions and these "jury voting scandals" happen every year and I guess there's only 1 thing to do - get rid of the juries.
How will the EBU encourage the people to spend their money and vote when we see that their vote obviously doesn't count?
I think the EBU should leave Montenegro alone and just get rid of the juries, because everybody knew that this would happen after their introduction.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waiting for Supergirl to arrive and argue with that post ^^

greece

Montenegro shouldn't be punished at all. Just ban their jury and we are done.

lilka

The current voting system is of course highly questionable, but I'm afraid that if we get totally rid of the jury, we might get a flood of trash entries instead. The jury should stay, but they should have less power.

ElRuso

The current voting system is of course highly questionable, but I'm afraid that if we get totally rid of the jury, we might get a flood of trash entries instead. The jury should stay, but they should have less power.

We have trashy entries every year.

FilipFromSweden

They got nothing to complain about, their jury votes we're highly questionable aswell last year.

lilka

Well, yes, but without the juries there would be 50% or more trash entries in the contest.

Verjamem

Compare trashy entries from few last contests to amount and quality of trashy entries from 2000s ;)

Something must change, but I think that we need juries.

greece

Personally I would much more prefer have trashy entries rather than this situation and 35 ballads.

ElRuso

Compare trashy entries from few last contests to amount and quality of trashy entries from 2000s ;)

Something must change, but I think that we need juries.

Music is subjective. Futurism back in the days was also considered trashy, and now it is art.

Verjamem

IMO majority of ballads and slower entries this year was caused by Austria's victory last year. In 2016 there will be a lot of up-tempo songs.
Music is subjective. Futurism back in the days was also considered trashy, and now it is art.
Of course, music is not a measurable thing, but I don't think it's really difficult to notice that some entries are not a any piece art and only try get a attention.

greece

IMO majority of ballads and slower entries this year was caused by Austria's victory last year. In 2016 there will be a lot of up-tempo songs.

Of course, music is not a measurable thing, but I don't think it's really difficult to notice that some entries are not a any piece art and only try get a attention.

True that but and last year that a pop ballad had won previously there was only 2 uptempo songs in the final (which flopped). But I think that it's quite obvious that there was much fewer uptempo song since juries came back

Top Bottom