Contact us

Do you think the outfits affect the final placing of an entry?

Do you think the outfits affect the final placing of an entry?

• Yes

25 92.6%
  • No

2 7.4%

• Total voters

alca

I saw a post on a facebook group. A guy wants to write an article about some ESC outfits that (may have) affected the final placing of the entry. What do you guys think? Does the outfit make you win or lose some points?

I think yes! Quoting myself from my blog post about Pastora Soler:

About Pastora's appearance... I liked it and I didn't like it. I wasn't a big fan of the dress. I still wish she had worn the one from the spanish NF. But I also wanted to see the second one. I've seen so many videos on YouTube so I know she could have looked better (or worse! xD) with different make-up and hairstyle. The entire look made her look like a Greek goddess. It was ok I guess but I don't think it fitted the song...

And something I didn't mention on my blog post coz I paid more attention days after I posted it. We're in the HD era! You could see every single detail on her dress! From the skin-colour fabric that covered her back and some parts of her torso to the zipper (!!!) on her right (or left based on how we look at it. doesn't really matter :p) side of the dress! That looked pretty bad on tv! IMO.

And another quote of the guy who wants to write the article. (He says that about Pastora's dress)
I think I saw more of her inner thigh when the lighst came on behind her then i ever wished.

So, what do you guys think about the outfits? Discuss! :)

Impressive

Banned
I think yes, too.

Because outfits effect on people to how could they love song.

For example,
Moldova in 2010 needed a lit more harmony. Would be better for them. Also Moldova again, in 2011, singer has a huge hat. This must make people find the entry funnier. And, again Moldova 2012, dancer girls' outfits were totally for their dance and stage theme. This sets entry more succesfull of course, this is the reason I voted for Moldova in 2012. :lol:

Also in ballad songs, outfits attract attention more than energetic songs if you ask me.

But answer is not yes quite. Can we say it, "Outfits and stage theme"?

alca

I think yes, too.

Because outfits effect on people to how could they love song.

For example,
Moldova in 2010 needed a lit more harmony. Would be better for them. Also Moldova again, in 2011, singer has a huge hat. This must make people find the entry funnier. And, again Moldova 2012, dancer girls' outfits were totally for their dance and stage theme. This sets entry more succesfull of course, this is the reason I voted for Moldova in 2012. :lol:

Also in ballad songs, outfits attract attention more than energetic songs if you ask me.

But answer is not yes at all. Can we say it, "Outfits and stage theme"?
You lost me... :?

Impressive

Banned
You lost me... :?

Sorry? I just made an addition to your sentence. Nothing conflicting :?
Edit: Sorry, sorry. Poor me! I meant in full. Not at all. :lol:

AdelAdel

No way, just look at this year's Albania - it was the worst outfit in the whole contest, and it placed very high.

A-lister

Veteran
Hmm, I think it all depends really. Some pay very much attention to outfits as part of the whole performance, and in some occasions I guess the wrong or right outfit could have some influence. However, it got probably more to do whether it works as a whole than the outfit itself I guess.

r3gg13

Not so much, what they wear just have to make sense and blend well with what they're singing. For instance, Verka Serduchka's team's outfit fit the whole outrageous thing that they were trying to pull off. Was the costume the reason why they were placed so high? Probably not, the clothes just made sense, it didn't feel out of place. Perhaps that helped the whole performance to be viewed more cohesively, but not that's not the main reason for the good placing.

alca

They're (outfits) definitely not helping an entry to score higher but what about lower? That's what I think.

r3gg13

They're (outfits) definitely not helping an entry to score higher but what about lower? That's what I think.

Let's take the example of Celebrate :hr: 2011, Daria had ultra kitch outfits, it may have had an influence on it, but the song was pretty darn bad to begin with. So, I dunno. As a viewer, I am more attracted/more likely to vote for something that looks and sounds well put together. So, in a sense there's that influence of clothing from a personal point of view.

daniels1000

Imo it affects the final placing just a little bit and sometimes.For example,you can't vote for the song you don't like no matter if you love their outfits xshrug

daniels1000

Let's take the example of Celebrate :hr: 2011, Daria had ultra kitch outfits, it may have had an influence on it, but the song was pretty darn bad to begin with. So, I dunno. As a viewer, I am more attracted/more likely to vote for something that looks and sounds well put together. So, in a sense there's that influence of clothing from a personal point of view.

hm erm uh oh oh...... her embarassing outfits didn't really attact the voters imo.In fact,totally opposite xrofl3

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Yes. Imagine Loreen singing Euphoria with just a pair of jeans and a t-shirt... :lol:

Another one comes to mind is Yohanna. Her dress was stunning. She was like a princess coming out of a fairytale! If she'd put on something else, it wouldn't make the same impact, and she wouldn't be placed so high IMO! :)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
No way, just look at this year's Albania - it was the worst outfit in the whole contest, and it placed very high.

Because she had an awful song, she should have had something awful to accompany it! It added to the awfulness of the song, and that's why it was placed very high! xrofl2

What I meant is that Suus is a song that would've been placed very high with any outfit. I still don't find any reason why, but it had to be like that IMO. People focused in her wide open mouth while screaming QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ and that's it. 5th place... :lol:

Nikkita

It depends.For example at Lithuania 2010,cloth changing made the entry funnier.

TheLuflee

Of course it affects. See what happened to :sl: 2008. Wasn't it kinda fan-favorite in pre-contest?

Top Bottom