Contact us

Discuss: Countries who Improved vs Worsened their Selection

Loindici

Veteran
A little disclaimer: I know this sort of topic might've been discussed separately within each country's threads. However, I feel the need to make a thread where the selection process of each country is the main focus.

So, without further ado, here are the questions:

Which countries do you think improved their selection process, and which ones have lost their ways?

The topic is as broad as it is: selection format, voting systems, types of artists and songs selected, the way the public voted, the way they choose juries, the selection/release date, etc.

Lemme hear your thoughts!

Loindici

Veteran
For example, I feel a traditional national selection worked better for Spain (yes, we'll pretend Operacion Triunfo didn't exist). I enjoyed all the entries they've selected in Benidorm Fest, much to my surprise. The voting system can be improved, however, if 'proportional voting' seems like a bad luck for public favorites.

Norway's selection somehow becomes less and less interesting each year. I don't feel hooked on watching the selection, probably because of the tedious format they've been doing which just ended up with pre-qualifiers winning every edition.

FilipFromSweden

Improved: Spain had the best NF this year, and San Marino was also great. I also think Finland has stepped up their game recent years.

Worse: I wanna say Moldova but idk if they were ever really there. Denmark used to have such high quality NFs now nobody gives a shit? Romania was also a dumpster fire with the televote winner not even getting to be in the final...

Loindici

Veteran
Top Bottom