Contact us

DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2010 - Lena - Satellite

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

TF100

Re: DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2010

Why is it good if the *jury* is famous? Surely it would've been better to just get one of them to sing for Germany instead of some total amateur :?

Anjeza

A total amateur doesn't mean that we will completely fail in Oslo. In 2004 Raab produced a similarly show to choose an act for the NF, the guy (Max Mutzke) won the NF by a clear margin and became 8th in istanbul. So why shouldn't it work a second time?
Besides this I can tell you, that you don't want to listen to some of the Jury members live ;) But all of them have enough experience to judge over the participants, so I rather prefer them than people who think they know everything about music and how somebody has to perform "rightly" but never have been on stage or any experience in music business.

TF100

Amateurs can do well in ESC yes, but I doubt that whoever wins this show will have as much credibility in Germany as ich + ich, Silbermond or whoever else, therefore hurting the public perception about ESC...

Anjeza

You're right that none of the participants will have the fortitude to attract people's interest on ESC since nobody knows them (except friends and families of course). But back in 2004 (and before in 1998 and 2000) it was exactly the same thing: ESC was "something for the elder ones" (quote taken by a former classmate), nobody gave a damn about ESC and after Raab announced that he wants to take part in the NF -whether as a composer or a singer- the people started to care about it.
And I bet my bottom dollar that it will work the same way this year: First there is nobody but Raab to bring people to the ESC and after the NF we will have a singer supported by ARD, Pro Sieben and maybe the yellow press and on May 29th 9 pm ARD will have the highest audience rate of all German TV stations

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I agree with what Anjeza said. We saw acts that were already established in the music industry failing like No Angel or Roger Cicero (who btw deserved so much more IMHO) so I am hopeful that we'll pick a great singer and overall performer. Of course you never know but I haven't been this optimistic in years.

TF100

Personally I'd always prefer failing with someone established & credible than succeeding with some amateur, all this does is further the misconception that ESC is not a place for people with careers. Besides, we already know that Roger Cicero would've been Top 10 under the new system. But each to their own :D

Lidija

Did you ever consider that there won't be any real amateurs but people who are professional but not (yet) famous?

I could tell you a lot of German well known artists that are more amateurs than those 20 people probably are. ;)

TF100

"Amateur" just means that they aren't professional singers, i.e. they don't have a record deal. All of those famous people have record deals, so they can't be amateurs. Whether they are perceived as talented or not is a matter of opinion.

AlekS

Veteran

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

usfo102_v-gallery.jpg

Tomorrow the first qualification round will be on at 20:15.
10 candidates will perform and 5 of them will be eliminated!!!

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Hmm, I have some problems with satellite receiver, so I think I won't watch it. :(

Anjeza

That's too bad :( If there won't be a webcast tomorrow I could do something like a "live report" - unless esctoday does one on it's own

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Yeah, there will be no webcast but at least all performances will be posted on the official website shortly after the show. We'll post them here when they become available.

Scooby

I have Pro7 and ARD on cable, so "no problemo" to watch this!

AlekS

Veteran

http://online-tv-stream.blogspot.com/20 ... tream.html
it interrupts sometimes but still better than nothing.
from what I've seen:

Benjamin Peters - Bodies
Uhm, not my cup of tea. He didn't feel the song at all.

Kerstin Freking - My Immortal
she took my fave song (luuuv Evanescense), lol, though it's visible that she's unexperienced and she was nervous. Quite strong voice (but shaky) ... not the best song choice for her, imo.

Anjeza

WTF, where have they found all these singers??? After watching the trailers (and the castings og the current Pop Idol season) I was afraid that we will see maybe two or three good singers and the rest of the participants are forgettable. But everyone I've heard so far is awesome (well, maybe except number one and three). For me it's not predictable who passes to the next round. xshrug

TF100

Qualifiers are Kerstin Freking, Cyril Krueger, Meri Voskanian (Armenian NF 2007), Karolin Walter and Lena Meyer-Landrut.

Misi

I'm disappointed. I only liked that Armenian girl.
The rest was like Pop Idol rejects :(

Hopefully it gets better!

Top Bottom