Contact us

Denmark declared as the winner prematurely

JackBauer

It was the cherry on the cake of a terrible voting period, full of technical difficulties.

I thought that they wanted first to announce the first 7 votes before having Petra saying hello to spokesperson.

I liked that idea a lot. Showing the first seven points of Austria with a nice map or something and then after they are on the scoreboard, Petra saying 'Hello Wien can we have the rest of your points'. It would have been more easy to catch on and would've gave them the chance to say something less boring than 'let's see the first votes etc'.

As for Denmark, if the Green Room was really that far, they should have told Emilie to advance to a room next to the stage and just having her crossing the bridge at the last & right moment.

My family watches with me, and everyone thought it was disrecpectful to the last three countries

CaraMia

Like everyone already said, it was extremely rude. And the image of Emmelie being taken to the stage before the official end of the voting was even worse. It doesn't matter if they couldn't be surpassed by any other country. This is not a "golden point" event. They have to hear every country, even if it is clear that the winner can't be another one. Not even in Russia when Rybak was more than 100 points ahead of Yohanna they did this (and Sweden brags about being a democratic country all the time...)

cassio

Like everyone already said, it was extremely rude. And the image of Emmelie being taken to the stage before the official end of the voting was even worse. It doesn't matter if they couldn't be surpassed by any other country. This is not a "golden point" event. They have to hear every country, even if it is clear that the winner can't be another one. Not even in Russia when Rybak was more than 100 points ahead of Yohanna they did this (and Sweden brags about being a democratic country all the time...)

Eventhough I do not like the Idea of pronouncing the Winner before the last countries has voted I do not think that it was a Swedish decision .... I believe the decision was the ESC executive supervisors

tuorem

Yes, they clearly messed up the voting part because they started to really run out of time.
I was myself surprised to notice that they were almost half an hour late...

And I also guess that they announced the winner before the end of it because of some broadcasters saying : "well, just tell us who's the winner so that we can move on to our next tv show".
I didn't even enjoy it, Petra had to hurry the whole time, glitches were just off-putting; plus they didn't respect the remaining countries by announcing Emmelie's victory (as if 4 countries to go would make a difference as to their lateness). I still can't believe that it happened in Sweden, the country is so used to organize the Melodifestivalen that I thought everything would work smoothly.

I enjoyed both the semi-finals and the grand final, the interval acts were entertaining, the camera work was fine and I really appreciated Petra. Too bad it was ruined in the end.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
From what ive read, they did it early because the bridge hadn't been working earlier that day so announced it early so they could get the bridge down in case it doesn't work. But yeh i found it very weird and rude, that they did it anyway. Im sure it made the last 4 countries feel as if their points were useless anyway, and the people reading them out feel like a complete idiot.

Top Bottom