13 9.8%

22 16.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jatojo

Who wrote the Danish entry, and how did it go?

2009: Believe Again
Songwriters: Mainly Danish
Result: 13th

2010: In a Moment Like This
Songwriters: Swedish
Result: 4th

2011: New Tomorrow
Songwriters: Lise Cabble
Result: 5th

2012: Should've Known Better
Songwriters: Danish
Result: 23rd

2013: Only Teardrops
Result: 1st

2014: Cliche Love Song
Result: 9th

2015: The Way You Are
Result: NQ

2016: Soldiers of Love

2017: Where I Am
Songwriters: Mainly Australian
Result: 20th

2018: Higher Ground
Songwriters: Swedish
Result: 9th

2019: Love Is Forever
Result: 12th

2020: Yes
Songwriters: Mainly Swedish
(Was 10th-15th in the odds)

2021: Øve os på hinanden

You can make it of it what you want, but to me it's quite obvious that without the one-(wo)man-army of Lise Cabble and foreign songwriters, Denmark will find it much harder to achieve good results.

P.S.: I know Lise Cabble didn't write all her songs alone - I just wanted to emphasize her somewhat overlooked influence.

A-lister

Veteran
Danmark's Radio decided that Melodi Grand Prix should be a competition for Danish artists and Danish songwriters. That's the biggest change. Denmark has often had a Swedish written song to ensure a decent result at Eurovision - when that solution is gone, the selection becomes more "vulnerable".
But the approach is right though, that is what Eurovision should be about, not importing entries from abroad or make songs especially manufactured to fit some sort of Eurovision "formula". Italy has the same approach and look where it got them?

I know they're also a bigger music market, but again I don't mind the approach, perhaps the selection of songs is somehow mishandled but not because the names are local.

jatojo

But the approach is right though, that is what Eurovision should be about, not importing entries from abroad or make songs especially manufactured to fit some sort of Eurovision "formula". Italy has the same approach and look where it got them?

I know they're also a bigger music market, but again I don't mind the approach, perhaps the selection of songs is somehow mishandled but not because the names are local.
I agree.

susanhm

jatojo

It took a while, but now both Germany and Denmark have dropped around five places in the odds. As expected.

Last edited:

Funix

It took a while, but now both Germany and Denmark have dropped around five places in the odds. As expected.
From my view, mostly because the massive fan criticism against both countries this year. You see it year after year with Denmark. Denmark typically climp up again in the odds a little bit later on (or after rehearsals)

jatojo

We all remember how it went the last time Denmark sent a rap song to Eurovision, right? :rolleyes: :LOL:

hpp0

From my point of view, Denmark has only one choice: Rave med de hårde drenge. I know it will be a big risk, even bigger than last year and the juries will probably downvote it, but there is a lot of potential for a good show.

I know however that recently juries seem to like Denmark when they send mid tempo pop songs in English, so for a good result with the juries and a safer entry, they will probably choose Hallelujah. It's not bad but it doesn't really stand out and it's just average.

jatojo

I know however that recently juries seem to like Denmark when they send mid tempo pop songs in English, so for a good result with the juries and a safer entry, they will probably choose Hallelujah. It's not bad but it doesn't really stand out and it's just average.
Hallelujah is really bland. It made me think of Dr Alban's Hallelujah song which is so much better.

Franzilein

RMDHD is addictive! Please send Fuld Effekt, Denmark xdance

It really is. Played this in my car to a few friends yesterday and while we all agreed that Danish is a freaking hilarious language (in a positive way however, the many "soft d's" which sound like an L are too funny), that song is just a banger.
I hope they deliver live.

hpp0

Hallelujah is really bland. It made me think of Dr Alban's Hallelujah song which is so much better.

I agree but it seems to be the favourite among fans and the entry most likely to win in general, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen it's just the safest entry to predict as a winner.

jatojo

I agree but it seems to be the favourite among fans and the entry most likely to win in general, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen it's just the safest entry to predict as a winner.

Yes, I agree. It just annoys me that this song is one of the best in the selection. It wouldn't even be in the Top 25 of all entries in the Scandinavian NFs.

Betwixt Tales

So, I've come up with my personal ranking of the DK entries.

:1: Fuld Effekt - Rave med de hårde drenge.
This was my instant favorite and remains so. If we vote any other song through, I'm gonna be so disappointed.
100% Fuld Effekt! xheya

:2: Conf3ssions - Hallelujah.
It's a good song, but also extremely ESC-ish. I would hope to see something more adventurous/daring, like Fuld Effekt. Can't say anything bad except it seem like a very safe choice, and I just want to see something other than the same old-same old safe songs.

:3: Morten Fillipsen - Happy go lucky.
The song lives up to its name. It gives me a happy-go-lucky feel, and I love the late 80s/early 90s sound.

:4: Der Var Engang - En skønne dag.
I adore this entry. It gives a very cozy feel, and the fact that it's father and daughter just adds to that. But I'm afraid the sound is too small for such a big stage.

:5: Juncker - Kommet for at blive.
If you know Juncker's music this is no surprise. I happen to really like his music, so I'm all about this.

:6: Josie & Jack - Let me go.
From this spot (6) and down, comes the song I don't care for, but of those, Let me go is the better choice. But it's just so bland and doesn't stick with me at all. I don't care about the song.

:7: Patrick Dorgan - Vinden Suser Ind.
I don't know if I've been sleeping under a rock, but I have no clue who this dude is. And the song is just boring as it is. If it was backed with a full orchestra, it could be great, but that's not the case, so I'll pass.

:8: Reddi - The show.
I. Cannot. Stand. This. Song. I don't know what it is, but I really dislike it. For a rock song, it's just so unbelievably boring. I don't like the singer's voice. It's just a big fat NO from me. + Remee's songs (he's one of the writers) always does horribly at ESC.

Last edited:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
For the first time ever, I've gone thru every single NF, checking out ALL the songs. And there is absolutely no doubt, my favorite entry of the entire NF season is here. FULD EFFEKT!!! As a longtime raver, this speaks to me, and this is Eurovision rave done 100% right. This is better than Little Big. :eek:

I honestly don't think it will be the Danish entry tho, it's rare that my favorites win the national selections (my Norwegian favorite didn't even make it thru the first duel), and I don't see the average Danish MGP fan being as into this as I am, but I'm just so happy I got to hear this. But please Denmark, surprise me, and send Full Effekt to Italy! xpray

Betwixt Tales

God is testing me (1/10)
  • The Show: hell no, half of it is boring, the other half is annoying
My opinion of the songs isn't as brutal as yours (not a complaint), but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking 'hell no' to Reddi.

[By the way, I really miss Bosnia-Herzegovina in the contest.]

Top Bottom