13 9.8%

22 16.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cassio

What a horrible year for us, now I understand why we only get 8 songs in the final....... I go (in deeply protest) with De hårde drenge .... we are going to be last in the semi this year........ I get Denmark out of the esc vibe !!!!!

jatojo

I'll be happy (and a bit surprised) if Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is going to have just one song with the same quality as any of the five best songs in Norway's MGP.

Well, as it turned out, that wasn't the case. :(

Iker

Veteran
It is very underwhelming, each song selected here is clearly unremarkable sadly. DMGP has never been among my favourites but usually there were 2-4 tracks that I would find pretty good but this time it is 0.

Rave Med De Hårde Drenge is not too good either but at least it is pretty different so props for that at least.

My last place in the Ukrainian NF / Vidbir (Michael Soul) would be easily my favourite here.

Last edited:

Betwixt Tales

Finally, DR spoke up and joined SVT in the demand for Russia to be excluded. (y)

DR joins the chorus and demands that the EBU choose to exclude Russia from Eurovision, which takes place in May in Italy. This is stated by Gustav Lützhøft, who is the editor-in-chief of the Danish Melodi Grand Prix.

"At DR, we find it wrong if Russia is to participate in Eurovision, as the situation is now. That is DR's position. And we will communicate that to the EBU."

- What do you think about the EBU's statement that Russia should be able to participate because Eurovision is an apolitical event?

"We disagree with the EBU's assessment in this case. Given the very serious situation in Ukraine right now, we find it incompatible with Eurovision's values that Russia is participating."

This is the Danish article: DR in opposition: Russia must GO!

Betwixt Tales

LET'S GOOOO! xmetal

DEVC6Qc.jpg

The offical running order for DMGP:

1: Patrick Dorgan - Vinden suser ind
2: Conf3ssions - Hallelujah
3: Der Var Engang - En skønne dag
4: Fuld Effekt - Rave med de hårde drenge
5: Josie Elinor & Jack Warren - Let me go
6: Morten Fillipsen - Happy go lucky
7: Reddi - The show
8: Juncker - Kommet for at blive

I think they've done pretty well in evening out the songs so that each entry stands out from the previous one.

It's interesting that Conf3ssions (God, I really hate it when people try to make themselves look "cool" by using a number as a letter, it's so stupid!) is in the unlucky second spot. Don't know how much it'll affect their result though, considering there are only eight entries.
I also notice how Fuld Effekt comes right after the most quiet and "small" song in the contest. It'll really make them stand out when they go on.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Juncker - Kommet For At Blive = 9/10
Der Var Engang - En Skønne Dag = 8/10
Josie Elinor & Jack Warren - Let Me Go = 7/10 (melodically this is weirdly captivating and there's something about the stripped back mood that works)
Fuld Effekt - Rave Med De Hårde Drenge = 7/10 (stupidly catchy but I worry it could get irritating after a while)
REDDI - The Show = 6/10
Patrick Dorgan - Vinden Suser Ind = 5.5/10
Morten Fillipsen - Happy Go Lucky = 5/10
CONF3SSIONS - Hallelujah = 5/10

I feel like Kommet For At Blive was put there just to please me. I'm getting some Elliott Smith vibes from it at times and his music is my holy grail. The song needed one more chorus though. It ends too soon and abruptly. Weird choice to not fill in those last 20 seconds. En Skønne Dag I thought was rather sweet and lovely. Let Me Go I'm guessing will be the winner here though. Denmark are one of the most predictable countries when it comes to selecting their entries and this song has their stamp all over it. Thankfully it's enjoyable, despite my fierce enemy the indie girl in her kitchen voice striking here not once but twice. I'll turn a blind eye though this time to those let me goWows as the song is kinda charming.

mauve

Veteran
I relistened to all songs again - but like the first time, this is unfortunately with Ireland and Malta the worst section this year. The only song that I can still support would be Reddi, the rest is quite boring and forgetable. Nevertheless, good luck Denmark. You will need it.

cassio

If we vote as usual CONF3SSIONS with Hallelujah will win its the most scandipop song entry this year and as the Danes don't give a shit about what the europeans want songs like The Italian song last year, will never have a chance or even be chosen for the Dansk Melodi Grandprix.

Josie Elinor & Jack Warren with Let Me Go just says it all please let me go!!! are defiantly the dark horse who doesn't want to go!!!

else zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that's all I have to say for this year see you next year

FilipFromSweden

I honestly don't think the line-up is that bad. It sounds like an average Melfest heat lol. My favorites are Fuld Effekt and Reddi

Betwixt Tales

I honestly don't think the line-up is that bad. It sounds like an average Melfest heat lol. My favorites are Fuld Effekt and Reddi
I'm with you. I honestly don't think it's a bad group of songs. I don't know if people have some biased idea that Denmark will only have middle-of-the-road to bad songs because the selection hasn't been that great for a couple of years, but I don't think it's the case this year. That said, these songs reflect Danish music as it sounds right now, so it's very genuine for representing Denmark.

I'd rather have songs like our selection going to represent us, than songs heavily produced and written by a team of foreign songwriters. I'm thinking of places like Azerbaijan which have done this every year since joining, and as of late also Cyprus. If that's what they want, then by all means, but I'm happy we haven't gone down that route.

jatojo

It's really weird that people can vote for songs before the show. I mean - DMGP and Eurovision are about live performances, aren't they?

I've sometimes been cheering for a song and then stopped doing it when it was performed live because it didn't sound good enough. With this new voting format, I could actually end up disliking a certain song while having already voted for it!

I guess in the end, the pre-show votes will not decide the winner, but still - the whole concept is sort of against the idea of the contest.

Betwixt Tales

It's really weird that people can vote for songs before the show. I mean - DMGP and Eurovision are about live performances, aren't they?

I've sometimes been cheering for a song and then stopped doing it when it was performed live because it didn't sound good enough. With this new voting format, I could actually end up disliking a certain song while having already voted for it!

I guess in the end, the pre-show votes will not decide the winner, but still - the whole concept is sort of against the idea of the contest.
I don't know if it's weird or against the idea of the contest. I see it as helping to build up the engagement and anticipation. It's the same reason why the songs are now getting pre-released. I remember when we didn't get to hear anything until they stepped onto the stage the night of. - And like you say, the songs that go to the final round don't have the benefit of pre-show votes. In the end, it's all about the then-and-there votes, which are influenced by the live performance.

Because I agree that the live performance is very important when it comes to picking which songs to vote for. Just like you, I've had my opinion changed on the night for that reason. – A studio version and live performance can really turn everything on its head. Remember The Cosmic Twins last year? God, that sounded awful whereas in the studio version they sounded fine.

ESCREGION

That's not a good year for :dk:.
Imho Conf3ssions should be the winner

Top Bottom