Så lad os øve os på hinanden
Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
They did make some little snarky remarks in all the reaction videos. Not only them but also the other celebs who commented on the songs. Sometimes it was funny, in a few cases they were off, that wasn’t so funny but in most cases I loved their humor. You just don’t have to take it seriously, we have a lot of TV shows in Germany where the voice over throws in sarcastic remarks which are supposed to be funny.

jatojo

Even though I agree, but looking at how Fly & Flamme kept their DMGP staging, she will be equally chanceless if she kept her wedding singer set up.
Emma Nicoline was my favourite in Copenhagen, marginally - but I don't think that song, nor any of the others, would have had better chances than Øve Os På Hinanden. Nor do I think that Fyr & Flamme would have had a better result in Rotterdam if they had sung in English.

tararaaam

Emma Nicoline would have done a Q, if of course she delivered good vocal and staging. But personally I agree it’s not about Danish, more about Fyr og Flamme being a bit scared of the big stage.

A-lister

Veteran
Now imagine what would have happened if DR would have allowed Ben & Tan's entry into the MGP, I think we would have a discussion if Denmark would win ESC'21 xshrug

However personally, I prefer Ove os på hinanden over Iron Heart , but I see a mass-appeal in the latter and it has potential "winner" written all over it.

So do we think Ben & Tan wasn't invited because DR doesn't want to risk winning this year? (coming fresh from the pandemic year and all)? xshrug

jatojo

Now imagine what would have happened if DR would have allowed Ben & Tan's entry into the MGP, I think we would have a discussion if Denmark would win ESC'21 xshrug

However personally, I prefer Ove os på hinanden over Iron Heart , but I see a mass-appeal in the latter and it has potential "winner" written all over it.

So do we think Ben & Tan wasn't invited because DR doesn't want to risk winning this year? (coming fresh from the pandemic year and all)? xshrug
There certainly must have been an influence from the pandemic on the way DR handled the whole thing this year. And yes, Iron Heart would have had better chances, though not as good as Yes, I think.

A-lister

Veteran
There certainly must have been an influence from the pandemic on the way DR handled the whole thing this year. And yes, Iron Heart would have had better chances, though not as good as Yes, I think.
Yeah, I think so too...

Yeah, Yes was imo better too, and I'm not even sure Iron Heart would have made it to my personal top. 10 this year, but I still think it would have been a hot contender. Anyways, comparing entries from past year's is kinda pointless, it makes sense in our little Eurovision-fan bubble, but not when it comes to the general public who didn't hear last year's entries and thus would only judge this year's.

crashworld

Veteran
"Iron Heart" would be a breath of fresh air in this year's contest to be honest. There is none other song like this in this year's contest. If staged and sung well, in SF2 (which is a weaker semi), I think they could stand a chance to qualify to the GF.

A-lister

Veteran
"Iron Heart" would be a breath of fresh air in this year's contest to be honest. There is none other song like this in this year's contest. If staged and sung well, in SF2 (which is a weaker semi), I think they could stand a chance to qualify to the GF.
I'm going to be bold and say Denmark would be a competitor for the victory this year had they sent that, Ben & Tan are good live, their sound has a mass-appeal and optimism that alot of people would like and something that I think would go down well with both juries and public alike.

jatojo

Let's see if the å in Måneskin will do better than the å in Øve Os På Hinanden. ;)

Ezio

Veteran
Such a rush in the audience for Russia

jatojo

Fyr & Flamme finished 22nd then, I guess? Behind 20 others plus Croatia. (And then the big 5 of course)

Top Bottom