Ingen ved, hvordan man gør
Så lad os øve os på hinanden
Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

tararaaam

His first line was awful in Copenhagen - much better here. And he has taken a lot of vocal coaching since.
I think that was in a way the problem. He looked so calculated, so careful of being good with the vocal, while the national final looked natural (even if not my cup of tea exactly). And body language is FUNDAMENTAL when singing a non-English song. They quite failed that part, I guess from overehearsing. It’s the Francesco Gabbani effect, silly/fun performances don’t work when they seem unnatural.

Dessi

Noooooooooooo.... :cry: :(
I just LOVE this song, and I so wanted it to be in the final....
Ofcourse I knew it didn't have high odds to make it.... but It still is sooo sad, cause this is a warm, funny, heartful and lovely song. xheart:love:xrunhug

wtf

I'm certain it did like Verona - high with televotes but destroyed by juries. A shame. :(

A-lister

Veteran
I'm certain it did like Verona - high with televotes but destroyed by juries. A shame. :(

Probably :(

When I think of the juries I think of that one pretentious boring guy at a party when people want to just have fun that complains the music isn't "real music" and sits in a corner all grumpy the whole evening only to leave early because "it's beneath him to be drunk and let loose"...

jatojo

I'm fucking devastated. Weeping in Danish now. But really, I actually shed a tear. What a disappointment.
I was expecting Denmark and Poland to fail to qualify. The difference is that Poland's song has been in my Top 10, while Denmark's hasn't. However, the Danish singer has improved his vocals, so in the end I was hoping for Denmark to qualify, whereas Rafal couldn't quite live up to the studio version when he went on stage.

jatojo

Probably, but if you look at the countries that could vote for Denmark, that in itself killed the song. Portugal, San Marino and then the bunch of Balkan/Eastern European countries - that's not where the song will have its fans. It's much more a song for Western Europe. It's also in Western Europe that people think it's charming to see the Danish language represented - in the East they probably don't care.

theditz83

Veteran
Oh, well...

Time to support the hell out of Italy, then? :)
Please don't...

I didn't expect this to qualify, but after how painful in general a lot of the second half of this semi was, I found myself cheering them on and had them down as my 9th/10th place of the night. Sadly not to be - but it was nice to see those drunk dance moves once again xheya

A-lister

Veteran
Probably, but if you look at the countries that could vote for Denmark, that in itself killed the song. Portugal, San Marino and then the bunch of Balkan/Eastern European countries - that's not where the song will have its fans. It's much more a song for Western Europe. It's also in Western Europe that people think it's charming to see the Danish language represented - in the East they probably don't care.

I stick to my prediction that this was killed by the juries though and still top. 10 with the televoters...

As being discussed in the thread already, there is a bunch of countries in this semi that has their own sort of schlagers that could relate to this sound.

jatojo

I stick to my prediction that this was killed by the juries though and still top. 10 with the televoters...

As being discussed in the thread already, there is a bunch of countries in this semi that has their own sort of schlagers that could relate to this sound.
It's just that Moldova proved even worse, and she barely sang. So that should be punished even harder by the juries - Fyr & Flamme actually sung. But we'll see. :) When will the votes be revealed. Saturday?

wtf

It was the third most liked song on BBC Eurovision Twitter account after Iceland and San Marino. It definitely did well.

A-lister

Veteran
It's just that Moldova proved even worse, and she barely sang. So that should be punished even harder by the juries - Fyr & Flamme actually sung. But we'll see. :) When will the votes be revealed. Saturday?

I'm not sure Moldova was top. 10 with the juries though, but it's more "standard Pop" in English which juries usually back up, while Denmark was just unapologetically fun, authentic and in native language and juries have an issue with such entries xshrug

Plus maybe Kirkorov £$€ worked on some juries too? xshrug

midnightsun

Veteran
It might be just a small reference, but my sister - who actually almost exclusively likes songs that are sophisticated in her opinion - said Moldova was her favourite. :cry:

harey

I'm so sad. Pretty sure that they got good televote from France: I voted for them and all the reactions on my twitter were really good. Well, I know that these are no real clues but I really feel it.

I like the song but I also found their performance really joyful and energetic. And I was really happy to listen to danish as I love to have various languages in esc (plus I'm currently learning Norwegian so it's funny to try to understand Danish).

cassio

Alina and Stefan, so funny! Enjoyed it too!
What surprise me is their directness ... In Denmark Esc journalists from DR would never make fun of other countries (like Alinas implementation of Georgia ha ha ha) because their could be some fans out there who could be heard. Keep it on ... Alina and Stefan

Top Bottom