Estonia 29
Poland 17
Georgia 15
Austria 13
Latvia 10
Czech Republic 0

Ezio

Veteran
Juries always put the original songs down when their task should be to block block voting and give original songs are fair shot

tararaaam

I mean, they could have voted at least for the language, but I guess they really saw it as a novelty act. The innuendos in the lyrics, the weird clothes etc…I guess if their performance was more energetic, they could have taken more televote points and sail through.

Ezio

Veteran
I mean, they could have voted at least for the language, but I guess they really saw it as a novelty act. The innuendos in the lyrics, the weird clothes etc…I guess if their performance was more energetic, they could have taken more televote points and sail through.
You are right, it was a bit too tacky, and vocally not stunning neither. The lyrics seemed naughty and the act seemed to play along gay for votes.

jatojo

You are right, it was a bit too tacky, and vocally not stunning neither. The lyrics seemed naughty and the act seemed to play along gay for votes.

Not much gay in it, as I see it, unless you regard the 1980's as a gay decade.

It was more an age thing - you won't find many Europeans in the age of 10-40 who voted for Denmark, not even gays. Btw, Fyr & Flamme are both straight.

Ezio

Veteran
They came across very flamboyant and a bit too comfortable (bromantic) with each other, I guess. But Modern Talking did it too, so well then that must be their shtick. I know they are straight, that is why they were "gay for pay" (song, appearance, attire) imho. Which then means, were they really authentic? Because you sing an 80's song in Danish language and still be a sell-out act, right?

jatojo

Countries that gave Denmark 5 points or more:
Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, UK

Countries that gave Denmark 4 points or less:
Albania, Bulgaria, France, Georgia, Greece, Latvia, Moldova, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia

So there was a geographic difference in it - the further to the south and east, the less votes for Denmark. But maybe that's how it normally is.

Btw, Albania gave Denmark 2 points, while Denmark gave Albania 10 points!

Funix

The problem is the song itself period. Denmark needs to get the local music industry more on-board (fyr og flamme was a start), but they also need get some songs in the MGP that actually can qualify in both a strong and a weak semi-final. The danish language was so nice to hear - but the song needs to be stronger if they want to play the local language card at Eurovision.

jatojo

The problem is the song itself period. Denmark needs to get the local music industry more on-board (fyr og flamme was a start), but they also need get some songs in the MGP that actually can qualify in both a strong and a weak semi-final. The danish language was so nice to hear - but the song needs to be stronger if they want to play the local language card at Eurovision.
I agree, but I guess there is an element of randomness in it. For example I think Kamæleon is a far stronger song, so why didn't they pick that song as their entry? It's sometimes the small things that matter when it comes to songs. Like Bulgaria - they would probably have done much better with Imaginary Friend (or with last year's entry).

hpp0

What happened with Croatia was worse but when almost everyone (only Moldova didn't voted them) wants them to qualify and juries rank it below performances like Poland's then it's a true robbery for me.

Iker

Veteran
Fuck this shit. Denmark and Croatia were SERIOUSLY ROBBED!
:hr: not (and I am saying that as a fan of their entry), but :dk: yes. The juries did them in like I suspected (and most here), only 8 Jury points, yikes. Less than :pl:, shame on you.

Iker

Veteran
I think their performance was energetic enough for me.

Top Bottom