5 4.1%

6 4.9%

10 8.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Denmark-scaled.jpg

Kitakaze

IMO, three-horse race between Say Yes, Human and Forget It All. Knowing Denmark, the most inoffensive of the three will walk away with the win. Of the three though, I think Human is the most interesting but I suspect Ben & Tan will make for the better stage show.

mauve

Veteran
Should Forget It All make it, I will be super-happy. Should Den Eneste Goth i Vejle make it (which I unfortunately doubt), I will be even happier. But I doubt that one of these two will make it because I love them. :rolleyes:

Mrm

Veteran
I somehow believe in Maja...I dunno why, but I have a feeling they can do it, maybe I believe it will work the best with live orchestra out of them all..last year I was totally sure Zala Kralj & Gasper Santl - "Sebi" won't represent Slovenia, and they did!!

Alaska49

my glimmer of hope is that they lumped yes in the semifinal so the channel maybe doesn't see it as a winner? i am grasping at any straw here to be honest.

Last edited:

hunty73

Maja og De Sarte Sjæle – "Den eneste goth i Vejle

@Mrm You knew id love it xheatits wonderful.My fav groups of all time The Smiths and The Cure,and that melody is 100% The Cure,almost direct from "Pictures of You".They even throw in Joy Division, a bit of Love will tear us apart .I never thought id hear such things in a Danish MGP :eek:

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
That's unbelievable @hunty73.. :eek: And having them in Rotterdam..Gosh..I can't even imagine..
I have to watch the final of MGP..

opinionsigotem

The one tiny gripe I have about Den Eneste Goth i Vejle is the lyrical fixation on the Smiths because Morrissey is a shitty human being who deserves no admiration, but I guess I can look past it because it's written from a point of reminiscence (+ also the part where it's a really good song helps)

oh but also: what goth ever listened to THE JAM? but these are minor nitpicks

Kairit

Omg, this selection is actually brilliant. Can Denmark do this every year pls. There's 5 songs here that I really dig.

My ranking:

1. Jasmin Rose feat RoxorLoops – Human ... This feels like an absolute 2010 summer banger. This is hot. I LOVE it. xheat
2. Ben & Tan - Yes ... I understand it would be a bit disappointing if Denmark went for this, because it would be the most obvious choice for them as people have said, but it would still be stronger than most entries they've had in the last 10 years. The chorus is properly memorable, uplifting and anthemic. I'm really looking forward to their live performance. This could actually be a really good entry for Denmark.
3. Maja & De Sarte Sjæle – Den eneste goth i Vejle ... So lovely, atmosphere galore. And I love that it's in Danish as well. But I didn't connect with it immediately even though this should be right up my alley musically ... I wish the chorus was done differently somehow, but I can't put my finger on what my issue is with it. Regardless, I'm so happy this song is in the selection, it's utterly refreshing.
4. Jamie Talbot – Bye Bye Heaven... I doubt it would do much at Eurovision, but I really like this. That chorus is goddamn addictive, smooth, groovy amazingness. That voice is bellissima. xmusic
5. Kenny Duerlund – Forget It All... This would be the bop of the selection if Human didn't exist. I'm kind of surprised people don't really seem to be paying much attention to it. It's nothing extraordinary at all, but I really enjoy it, it's a solid piece of pop music, done before but it just works.
6. Sys Bjerre – Honestly ... It's a bit reminiscent of their last year's entry, not sure it's one to go for, and the chorus is a bit underwhelming... But it has character, stands out and is quite charming.
7. Emil – Ville ønske jeg havde kendt dig ... It's okay, it's sweet, nothing exciting musically.
8. Isam B – Bølger... Another sweet one. Nothing about this excites me, it's almost irksome. These sort of happy light songs that just plod along almost always are.
9. Benjamin Kissi – Faith ... This is just plainly annoying to me. I have no idea what I'm supposed to get out of this. No thank you.
10. Sander Sanchez – Screens... What a loathsome no-chorus of a chorus. The whole song sounds lazy. This is bad.

Mrm

Veteran
I've got a huge wish to visit Vejle town now... xlove xheart

I want to find that garage.. xlove xcry

I have a feeling, only Nanne Grönvall – "Carpool karaoke" can beat "Den eneste goth i Vejle" on my NF 2020 list..

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
tQQlX71amMh31TR9Tdz2JXvrRFa6E4HQh0afmRRvi1uk9b5T_heOUZ5fQZxtEmna1G1RWk8Lb59XR29msQFlym9NaKeda3vLt7jum5dOMQQJjX2AonyWI_AP3SEg

service

Agertoftevej, 7100 Vejle, Denmark

giphy.gif

comment_ocsGJUwE4o4XotfMYtuJrNWdBnkuojkC.gif

xcry xlove xheart

Top Bottom