5 4.1%

6 4.9%

10 8.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Denmark-scaled.jpg

Zonne147

@NikolaiMoller I know I'm 1 month late but can you tell me where can I find the full results?? :ROFLMAO:

Btw, too bad Ben & Tan aren't going to Eurovision. I wasn't expecting DR to select them though - their song is in my list of massive growers and I can say it is close to my top 10 :(

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
@NikolaiMoller I know I'm 1 month late but can you tell me where can I find the full results?? :ROFLMAO:

Btw, too bad Ben & Tan aren't going to Eurovision. I wasn't expecting DR to select them though - their song is in my list of massive growers and I can say it is close to my top 10 :(

I found it somewhere, but now it's gone... So i'm not 100% sure they became 8th.

Zonne147

I found it a bit later, a pitty I couldn't find the detailed results :( but juries had killed the song for sure, I don't think "Human" got the highest televote score either

Ezio

Veteran
This is what Denmark always does: overachieving results by sending the blandest songs in the universe. Say yes like L'amour toujours, Tonight I am gonna show you (I don't care to look up how these forgettable songs really were called) are so inoffensive, it makes me wanna scream, slap me, biotch, why don't you slap me!?! But they won't pinch you just a little and that is where their sadism lies in.

DenizESC

Banned
This is what Denmark always does: overachieving results by sending the blandest songs in the universe. Say yes like L'amour toujours, Tonight I am gonna show you (I don't care to look up how these forgettable songs really were called) are so inoffensive, it makes me wanna scream, slap me, biotch, why don't you slap me!?! But they won't pinch you just a little and that is where their sadism lies in.

as someone that also hates 'Say Yes':
Wtf?

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
:dk: 2017 >>>>>

crashworld

Veteran

Ben & Tan's 'live' performance on the German ESC replacement show and they are placed 5th overall. Placed last in jury but 3rd in the televote.

tuorem

My review:

DENMARK 2020 - Ben & Tan - Yes: "a no-no"

This review will be quick, because I don't want to ramble too much about yet another Danish entry I can't stand. I think I've said enough times over the years that Denmark was one of my least favourite Eurovision nations ever, since all they touch turns into offensive beige for some reason. While my ears found "Love Is Forever" strangely bearable and borderline cute for their standards, this year they're back at it with an effort I actively dislike. Danes are great at finding gems that not only will I dislike, but that'll annoy me as well.

"Yes" is a kind folk-ish pop tune that is as uninteresting as a random bland song can be: I see it tries to be anthemic or something, but it's just melodically un-imaginative and irritating (that chorus...), the arrangements are tired and the voices are a pain as well. I've nothing positive to say about it as it encompasses eveything I'm not here for and don't want to see in Eurovision. But it's Denmark we're talking about, so I'm not surprised in the slightest that rubbish is their doing.

No need to say that, despite this edition being very weak to me, "Yes" enters the very select club of entries that irk me.

Prediction-wise, as Ezio said it in his post above, this would have done way better than it should have. I could sense a qualification and a mid-table finish because sadly there is an audience for that kind of stuff and juries probably would have thought that was brilliant... It's sad that Ben & Tan won't have the opportunity to shine on stage obviously, but personally I won't shed a tear for that entry that should pass into oblivion imo.

Since I have have zero expectations towards Danes, they can only surprise me, but most of the time they surpass themselves and not in a good way. We'll see what they pick in 2021, but in the meantime let's remember the delicious nostalgic oddity that made their NF this year, just in case they get crazy and seek inspiration for the future selection. I definitely would be up for a track in Danish with such a dreamy vibe: one can dream (pun intended).

jatojo

My review:

DENMARK 2020 - Ben & Tan - Yes: "a no-no"

This review will be quick, because I don't want to ramble too much about yet another Danish entry I can't stand. I think I've said enough times over the years that Denmark was one of my least favourite Eurovision nations ever, since all they touch turns into offensive beige for some reason. While my ears found "Love Is Forever" strangely bearable and borderline cute for their standards, this year they're back at it with an effort I actively dislike. Danes are great at finding gems that not only will I dislike, but that'll annoy me as well.

"Yes" is a kind folk-ish pop tune that is as uninteresting as a random bland song can be: I see it tries to be anthemic or something, but it's just melodically un-imaginative and irritating (that chorus...), the arrangements are tired and the voices are a pain as well. I've nothing positive to say about it as it encompasses eveything I'm not here for and don't want to see in Eurovision. But it's Denmark we're talking about, so I'm not surprised in the slightest that rubbish is their doing.

No need to say that, despite this edition being very weak to me, "Yes" enters the very select club of entries that irk me.

Prediction-wise, as Ezio said it in his post above, this would have done way better than it should have. I could sense a qualification and a mid-table finish because sadly there is an audience for that kind of stuff and juries probably would have thought that was brilliant... It's sad that Ben & Tan won't have the opportunity to shine on stage obviously, but personally I won't shed a tear for that entry that should pass into oblivion imo.

Since I have have zero expectations towards Danes, they can only surprise me, but most of the time they surpass themselves and not in a good way. We'll see what they pick in 2021, but in the meantime let's remember the delicious nostalgic oddity that made their NF this year, just in case they get crazy and seek inspiration for the future selection. I definitely would be up for a track in Danish with such a dreamy vibe: one can dream (pun intended).

It must be so hard to be you - seeing Denmark be one of the most certain qualifiers year after year. In 2020, all indications are they would have qualified.

tuorem

It must be so hard to be you - seeing Denmark be one of the most certain qualifiers year after year. In 2020, all indications are they would have qualified.

I'm not sure what is the point of your reaction to my post since you're basically saying what I said : Ben & Tan most likely would have qualified.

I would not say Danes are sure qualifiers these days though, it was the case until 2014, but since then - apart from Rasmussen - the second half of the decade saw two non-qualifications and two borderline qualifications.

But thank you for your concern, thankfully my life is not defined yet by Eurovision results. 😅

Milos-BC

My guilty pleasure of 2020. The odds didn't look great back at the time, but I'm quite sure it would've gotten a top 10 result in the final. We'll never find out the outcome, though, unfortunately :(

8 points.

Top Bottom