Administrator
Denmark-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
Samsara is really good...

Mrm

Veteran
Ben & Tan are also very good..

I want Samsara and Ben & Tan, based on studio versions, to qualify..

cassio

MMMeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

Bad as usual.

Here in Copenhagen we can vote for:

SamSara
Søren Okholm
Ben & Tan

How ever my fave is Kenny Duerlund I wonder which region can vote for him

Mrm

Veteran
MMMeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

Bad as usual.

Here in Copenhagen we can vote for:

SamSara
Søren Okholm
Ben & Tan

How ever my fave is Kenny Duerlund I wonder which region can vote for him

Southern Denmark:
Jamie Talbot – "Bye Bye Heaven":
Kenny Duerlund – "Forget it All"
Nick Jones – "2 AM"

East Denmark:
SamSara – "For You"
Søren Okholm – "Impossible Dreamers"
Ben & Tan – "Yes"

Northern Denmark
Emil – "Ville ønske jeg havde kendt dig".
Sander Sanchez – "Screens"
MieLou – "We Could Be So Beautiful"

The two I love are in the same region - SamSara and Ben & Tan.. :( xcry

cassio

Southern Denmark:
Jamie Talbot – "Bye Bye Heaven":
Kenny Duerlund – "Forget it All"
Nick Jones – "2 AM"

East Denmark:
SamSara – "For You"
Søren Okholm – "Impossible Dreamers"
Ben & Tan – "Yes"

Northern Denmark
Emil – "Ville ønske jeg havde kendt dig".
Sander Sanchez – "Screens"
MieLou – "We Could Be So Beautiful"

The two I love are in the same region - SamSara and Ben & Tan.. :( xcry

Thans

Man thats not fair!!

Southern DK has got the best ones

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
OMG you are all so unfair! There are at least 2-3 amazing songs here!

Why and who is unfair?
Write us when you are done which you like the most!
And this is only semifinal..the main is yet to come.... :D

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Denmark staying strong with their UwU branding, which @BorisBubbles passionately despises.

Excuse me??? I fucking adore happy pointless songs." Marry me" and "What's the pressure" are in my top 20 of the decade and I've had high rankings for "Työllki ellää", "Historiya majho zycchia", "Loin d'ici". You name it and I've likely giving it a high score. I fucking value happiness as an emotion and don't take it for granted.

What I don't value however, sending in what LastDreamer oh-so-aptly described as "trash songs with a chart sound" on an annual basis and getting rewarded for it with a spot in the finale year after year after year.

Now, if you are refering to Leonora, well... god her song sucked. It's telling enough that even Leonora herself had a palpable distaste for her song, even if we don't factor that in, "Love is forever" is fucking mortifying. "Love is forever and everyone" AND EVERYONE FUCKING WHAT???? It actively insults any person listening to it by treating them as ignorant children. It's an unprovoked assault towards free will. It's everything wrong with political correctness condensced into three minutes of throbbing agony. You really must be to very stupid, or a child (or a very stupid child) to like that song and remain blind to its many, many visceral offenses. Not a single person capable of forming their own opinions likes that song and that's terrifyingly close to fact.

People may clutch their pearls each time the words "white privilege" are mentioned, but Denmark are benefiting from it for real. They are that "average straight middle-class white guy" who isn't even aware of how fortunate they are. Each year DMGP is the same scandi-blandi mélange of uncanny valley pop that just misses its mark, songs so generic even Tomi Rahula would reject them from Eesti Laul. Denmark don't make songs for people, but for lemmings. They follow trends, without even thinking twice about what made these trends great or interesting. All the Nordics suffer from this disturbing lack of originality, but either purge these from their NF in most years (Sweden, Norway) of swiftly NQ if they don't (Finland, Iceland). Denmark is the only country where they consistently win.

I am not disappointed by this selection. It's Denmark. Their trajectory has always been one of following the road of least resistance. If they produced five original entries over the course of their ESC carreer, I would be suprised. I have grown accustomed to it and accepted it.

Besides, basic doesn't have to equate to "bad". "Only teardrops" is basic as béchamel sauce, but fuck did they work the shit out of it. "In a moment like this" is hopeless but damn I could watch Chanée perform it every day and not feel bored. You have to own it and work it. Have fun and be fun, you know?

What I am disappointed by however, is that Denmark will likely select a subpar uncanny valley song (again) and qualify easily based on their scandi label (again), while countries with a brilliant selection (such as Portugal and Lithuania) will have to put in everything but the kitchen sink to convince enough people of their musical merits (AGAIN). It is this injustice which frustrates me, and this would not even be an issue if Denmark improved and no longer coasted their way through on their scandi prerogatives.

This selection indicates that they haven't and don't plan to.

Denmark SUCK. end of.

Last edited:

tuorem

Based on the snippets I heard (cause the video posted here is blocked), everything - as usual - is

xURL2XK.gif

I could tell there is a significant bunch of offensive tracks, but in this lineup "Bye Bye Heaven" caught my attention a bit. "Screens" and "For You" sounded listenable too.

As long as the Danes don't send an absolutely cringe-worthy entry, it's already a victory for me.

Mrm

Veteran
SamSara - "For you" is really awesome and UNIQUE!

I still try to figure out what ethnic part is? It's fantastic..
It sounds Gypsy to me :)

Somebody knows what ethnicity she originally is?

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
The public can vote for their favourite once per day until Friday.

The songs are devided, so there are 3 songs from both Copenhagen, Northern and Eastern Denmark, you can only vote for one of the three songs in your area.

Mrm

Veteran
The public can vote for their favourite once per day until Friday.

The songs are devided, so there are 3 songs from both Copenhagen, Northern and Eastern Denmark, you can only vote for one of the three songs in your area.

How comes Copenhagen is Southern Denmark then?

I found like this:

South District:

• Jamie TalbotBye Bye Heaven
  • Kenny DuerlundForget It All
  • Nick Jones2 AM
East District:

• SamSaraFor You
  • Søren Okholm Impossible Dreamers
  • Ben & TanYes
North District:

• Emil Ville ønske jeg havde kendt dig
  • Sander SanchezScreens