10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

3 1.3%

21 9.4%

• Total voters

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Yes, While several of the contestants had quite average or below-average vocals Rasmussen really did well!
I liked the song initially, but it has not been a grower, and is out of my top 10. I do think that a good live performance and a suitable show will be able to lift Denmark back into top 10, though.

Doesn't need to be a grower, does it? It's an instant impact song, which is perfect for Eurovision. Although for me, it is something I can listen to 7 or 8 times in a row and still love it as much as the first.

Nefertiti

I agree. Denmark's song this year is an instant impact one, so, adding the good live performance and the cool viking themed staging, this is going to do well with the televote. I personally think this is going to be one of the surprises of the night (I will say dark horse, but people already like this so I guess that's not the correct word for this).

Iker

Veteran
I agree. Denmark's song this year is an instant impact one, so, adding the good live performance and the cool viking themed staging, this is going to do well with the televote. I personally think this is going to be one of the surprises of the night (I will say dark horse, but people already like this so I guess that's not the correct word for this).

But it's not the one that people talk a lot about ... so I guess ''dark horse'' category fits.

VikingTiger

Doesn't need to be a grower, does it? It's an instant impact song, which is perfect for Eurovision. Although for me, it is something I can listen to 7 or 8 times in a row and still love it as much as the first.

Definitely doesnt need to be a grower, indeed.... If it was instant love. I liked this from the start - but havent grown more fond of it after that first listening... unfortunately...

susanhm

Sean

Admin
Staff member
42. DENMARK - Rasmussen - Higher Ground

42-DENMARK-850x491.png

Read the "Expert" Panel reviews and vote in the poll here!

Do #YOU agree with our views on Denmark? What's your opinion? Share your review of the Danish entry below and we'll feature the best across the main site!​

lacrymea

Just watched the rehearsal. Solid performance. Impecable vocals.

Like some of you have rightfully put it, it is a first time impact song. I don't like it more now than i did the 1st time i heard it. That's not a problem though. On the contrary.

I think people will respond to this very well.

mauve

Veteran
Hard to judge the rehearsals. It is still in my top 10, but it has lost its charisma maybe. The staging is okay, the vocals are okay, but the whoa!-effect has gone.

Fluke

I'm not getting the same "at sea" feeling from the Eurovision staging at all, just because of the missing wave background, though everything else is almost the same. Guess it won't matter to first time viewers anyway, but i find it a bit underwhelming visually. Good luck!

susanhm

Top Bottom