10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

3 1.3%

21 9.4%

• Total voters

tsegaye

Re: DENMARK 2018

I heard we were going to get the songs on monday, so probably the songs will be available on spotify by midnight ;)
I don't have the source right now so I might be wrong, but since the NF will be on saturday it's probably true

Okay, it just sounds too good to be true :lol: It's just 20 minutes left so I guess I'll have to stay up then :D

JonnyWest

giphy.gif

ESCPOLAND

Okay my ranking is:

Anna Ritsmar - 7/10
CARLSEN - 8/10
Ditte Marie - 7,5/10
KARUI - 6/10
Rikke Ganer-Tolsoe - 7/10
Sandra - 6,5/10
Sannie - 7/10
Rasmussen - 8,5/10
Lasse Meling - 10/10

JonnyWest

Average selection as I was expecting but not the worst. Last year I only had 1 favorite so this is definitely an improvement :p
My favorites are:

Rasmussen - ''Higher Ground'' (kinda cheesy but very effective and anthemic)
Sandra - "Angels to My Battlefield" (great voice and very pleasent song)

Really like these two and will be happy if one of them wins ;)

Remembrance

The standout songs for me (YMMV) :)

Anna Ritsmar - ''Starlight''
Rasmussen - ''Higher Ground''
Sandra - ''Angels to My Battlefield''

DaFlo

Banned

Very Danish selection once again.

Holder fast i ingenting is my clear fav. Great tune xsing Boys on Girls & Signals are both pretty nice as well, rest all kinds of beige.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Just listened to them all. Good selection overall, until the last song I heard, which blew everything else away. Here is my top 3.

1. Rasmussen - Higher Ground 9/10 - Never heard anything like this at ESC before. The drums, the drama, the theatre. I can already already imagine the staging.
2. Rikke Ganer-Tolsoe - Holder Fast I Ingenting 7/10 - Intriguing electric elements and an interesting composition.
3. Sannie - Boys On Girls 7/10 - Cheesy and repetitive, but very catchy and a lot of fun, with a surprisingly melodic tune behind it.

For the love of christ Denmark, send Rasmussen!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

At first listen, my favourites here are 'Signals' by Karui, and 'Holder fast i ingenting' by Rikke Ganer-Tolsøe, though I do like every song here in some way shape or form xfaint

tsegaye

Ugh, what a weak selection. I don't understand how their aim can be the top 10 with these songs. I mean sure, qualifying would be a great step for them but TOP 10??? WITH WHAT SONG?? My favourite is by far Starlight, the only song that stands out from the rest. But even with that song I see them struggling to qualifying once again...

susanhm

I must say, Higher Ground by Rasmussen is my favorite this year. Riot, Starlight and Angels to My Battlefield are also good.

Schlagerman1

Denmark, the neighbour I never understand, the country that I haven't really liked an entry from in many many years...and I suppose it won't change this time either. I must say though that the NF isn't as horrible as usually for me..it is just that nothing captivates me really from the snippets I've heard. Maybe "Music Of The Road" and "Holder Fast I Ingenting" is the best ones, but other than that, it is mainly old-fashioned schlagersongs that just is nothing special. So nah, I think I will wait on Denmark to shape up really before liking one of their entries again...

randajad

Veteran

Starlight sounds promising, but I am afraid it might lack some kind of culmination or general development through the song. My second favourite is Unfound, but it needs some kind of update, 2018 update. And the third one is Signals, it could be quite fun. Others are either boring, or just baaaaaaaaad.

Jonaxh

Higher Ground sounds great from the snippet! :) really don't care for any of the other songs... Maybe starlight a little... But let's wait for the live performances.

Top Bottom