Re: DENMARK 2013

Aura Dione would be nice!

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Infernal xcheerxcheer Aura Dione would be good too :D

Jeffie

As for every year... There is not going to be mainstream artists in the DMGP. They don't need it..

A-lister

Veteran

Something in Danish for a change? I know that chances for a bigger name entering is small, but atleast something in style of actual current Danish music scene?

Medina

Rasmus Seebach

Svenstrup & Vendelboe (feat. ?)

Alphabeat

Jeffie

Unknown (indie) names > The Danish mainstream scene, I don't get what people finds so good about Medina & Rasmus Seebach etc.. :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Props to Denmark for not doing the artist recycle game like most countries do. I don't even remember the last time they had a returning artist so I hope they'll continue that tradition.

NikkiBoy

Im From :dk: Denmark and we are holding "Dansk melodi grand Prix", we can have wildcards like "Jesper - Take our Hearts". Jesper was in x Factor 2010 from Denmark. But we hold the tradtion with "new" stars :D

Jeffie

I wouldn't call anyone from X-Factor a star... Just look at the "successful" winners of the show.. Jesper = Unknown, especially when there was a bigger "star" in the contest this years you could have choosen to mention in the former S.O.A.P. girl Suriya.. :) But I'm happy that DMGP gives new names a chance to show themselves on national TV :)

CPV4931

Nice to hear that :-)
But it was only a logic consequence... they were very successful the last few years (except 2012 of course)

Jeffie

im very glad to hear that. it was definitely an unjust result for denmark this year. good luck to them

DR are so happy that our song ended 5th in your voting that it is the front page news on the DR Eurovision site XD

Knubelznarm

I predict that we will have a much more 'risky' entry from Denmark next year. If the lesson hasn't sunken into the heads of DR by now, i don't know if it ever will... BE CREATIVE B!TCHES.

No Name

I just wish DR will put more effort into finding some quality acts instead of fancy stage designs with water and whatever crap they've come up with. Save all that for a possible hosting some time...in a distant future. :rolleyes:

Production-wise our NF's have been on MF-level, just a pity the same thing can't be said about the songs. If DR wants to win as much as they say they do they should really get out of their bubble for a change and take a look around our great and diverse music-scene which DR happens to neglect every year.

Wouldn't really fancy an up-tempo song to be honest. It's not like I don't like such songs, but we're simply not good at it. Sweden can get away with it, but it's not our field at all. I'd love Electric Lady Lab or something like that, but most dance/up-tempo songs here are cringeworthy and only becomes good after sufficient intake of alcohol. If we wanna stand out a bit (and why stop there? maybe even win) we'd better not send something up-tempo as Sweden will always overshadow us completely. We have a great indie/pop-scene however and if just a small part of it was represented in DMGP, I'd die happy.

LalehForWD

Oh yes. You & Me is simply a smash hit!! xlove
Imagination is another good one.

Stine Hjelm Jacobsen - great voice!! xheartxheart

Their other songs are kind of bland though (or is it just spineless production?). Stine's singing on the Flash! album is super good and fascinating, but the music doesn't really keep up with her BMO. For me, many of the synth sounds and beats comes out weak and feels cheap.

Top Bottom