9 2.5%
  • 01 pts

9 2.5%
  • 00 pts

30 8.4%

• Total voters

GRE

She deserved a better place with her good song,
BUT she shoud have known better about her outfit...

Miguel

2nd biggest injustice, after Spain. Way better than 70% of the top 10.
I can't understand this at all.

Knubelznarm

If it was up to me, this song wouldn't even had gone to Baku. I still remember my shock when this song won over Jesper at the finish line.
I'm always talking about artistic value and stuff, and obviously Soluna had most out of all the participants in the danish selection, but still this is a SONG contest, and "Should've Known Better" was boring as hell. Then it doesn't really matter about artistic value. The two aspects have to meet, just like they did with Loreen. Amazing song and amazing artist.

Deserved final placement for Denmark imo.

DickDacey88

Ridiculous...should have won. Have no idea how it came so low..and Serbia in 3rd! The mind boggles.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Deserved to do much better than it did last night, one of my favourite songs of the year :(

Having said that, Denmark's entry is climbing up the UK chart now so maybe it's got some recognition after all :mrgreen:

KeucFan

Scandinavic countries (except Sweden), especially Soluna were so underrated this year it's almost a crime. :eek:

Tristran

This song soooo deserved a better placement yesterday! :cry: Really sad to see it end in the bottom 5...

Nike

This song was so overrated by the ESC-fans!!! Too boring and weak. I hope for something better to represent Denmark 2013. This entry shouldn't have qualify to final at all.

Knubelznarm

This song was so overrated by the ESC-fans!!! Too boring and weak. I hope for something better to represent Denmark 2013. This entry shouldn't have qualify to final at all.

Agree - I hope for something more exciting and original from my country for a change. And i also don't get why it's so praised by eurofans. A couple of other songs deserved to qualify over this in the semifinal imo.

No Name

Don't put your expectations too high.

We're still one decade behind in terms of ESC, and unless DR makes some radical changes in their DMGP-selections, we're gonna continue sending these middle-of-the-road songs that most people seem to find okay, but hardly no one vote for. I had actually hoped we would withdraw from ESC 2013 so DR could give the whole project some proper thinking, evaluate what they've been doing wrong for so long, and then hopefully come back stronger than ever in 2014.

My controversial suggestion of finally bringing us into the spotlight in ESC, would be by doing an internal selection. DR could put some true effort into finding the right artist and then let the viewers vote for two songs or more. I have no feelings attached to DMGP anyway and for me it's always just been an annoying thing we had to go through every year, so I wouldn't mind some thorough changes. It's obviously needed if we ever wanna win.

Logichno

I think that internal selection is the right solution, if it's the right group of people doing it. It worked well for Bosnia, far better than televoting. I would like to see someone like Agnes Obel competing for dk, but that would never happen, as artists like herself don't want to bother with eurosong. Jacob Sveistrup was a good choice, though song sounded better in Danish.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm actually surprised this failed in the final. I mean I didn't think it would win or anything, but I still think this would be one of those juries sweethearts. Guess the public totally overlooked it or something because it got kinda lost in the competition.

No Name

I think that internal selection is the right solution, if it's the right group of people doing it. It worked well for Bosnia, far better than televoting. I would like to see someone like Agnes Obel competing for dk, but that would never happen, as artists like herself don't want to bother with eurosong. Jacob Sveistrup was a good choice, though song sounded better in Danish.

Agnes Obel would be awesome, but the thing is that artists like her who are already fairly acknowledged and popular here, wouldn't even enter ESC if their lives depended on it. ESC is still looked upon as a kitch-thing here, by respected artists as well as the public, and that reputation can take ages to break down. No one really wanna admit they watch it, and if they do they sure as hell won't admit they like it. :lol:

Dunno how the hell they've gotten past that stage in Norway, Sweden, and Finland, but they've obviously done something right.

Terence

I'm actually surprised this failed in the final. I mean I didn't think it would win or anything, but I still think this would be one of those juries sweethearts. Guess the public totally overlooked it or something because it got kinda lost in the competition.

My words exactly. Although the performance did leave me indifferent. It could be because I got used to it after watching it (and the rehearsal) a billion times, but still, it gave me no 'emotion'.

Knubelznarm

Agnes Obel would be awesome, but the thing is that artists like her who are already fairly acknowledged and popular here, wouldn't even enter ESC if their lives depended on it. ESC is still looked upon as a kitch-thing here, by respected artists as well as the public, and that reputation can take ages to break down. No one really wanna admit they watch it, and if they do they sure as hell won't admit they like it. :lol:

Dunno how the hell they've gotten past that stage in Norway, Sweden, and Finland, but they've obviously done something right.

xgood
Very good discription of the danes' relation to ESC as i see it. It's whatever you make of it imo. Of course we have a bad view on "Dansk Melodi Grand Prix" as it is ruled by this closed little "mafia-group-of-people". It needs a completely new vibe, if we wanna be able to take it more seriously. But after all we have sent two young and somewhat fresh acts in previous two years. So it seems people actually WANT what is new and serious - when it IS there to choose from ;)

Top Bottom