Contact us

DENMARK 2010 - Chanée & N'evergreen - In a Moment Like This

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

TF100

Re: DANMARK - Denmark 2010

AlekS said:
^ is it the same N'evergreen that participated in the Russian NF last year?

Yes.

I found a really good summary on the other forum, credit to Msig for typing this up there:

1. Bryan Rice - Breathing (WILDCARD)
Bryan has released 2 albums and already competed last year, as one of the songwriters of Christina Undhjem's "Underneath My Skin".
His debut single, "No Promises", was covered by British X-Factor winner Shayne Ward and was a major worldwide hit.

2. Joachim Tranberg - All About a Girl
Joachim won the casting show "Elsk mig i nat" and is currently co-starring in the musical of the same name.
The songwriters also wrote "Believe Again", Denmark's entry in ESC 2009.

3. MariaMatilde Band - Panik!
Both Maria and Matilde are big ESC fans. They describe their song as 'happy retro-pop'.
They co-wrote the song with, among others, Marcus Winter-John who previously co-wrote "La teva decisió", Andorra's entry in ESC 2009.

4. Simone - How Will I Know
Six years ago, then 12-year-old Simone won the 1st Danish season of 'Star Search'.
In 2007, she was the interval act in one of the DMGP 07 semifinals and now she is taking part herself with a ballad written especially for her by the team behind "Talking to You", Denmark's entry in ESC 2005.

5. Jens Marni - Gloria
Jens Marni is a rock singer who is quite popular in his native Faroe Islands.
His song is a guitar-driven pop/rock song in the style of Kelly Clarkson.
The song was written by Svend Gudiksen (co-writer of "All Night Long", Denmark's entry in ESC 2008), Noam Halby of Johnny Deluxe, and Johannes Jørgensen, who has written and produces songs for Sugababes, Paula Abdul, and Method Man, among others.

6. Chanée & N'evergreen
Christina Chanée is known by many Danes as the lead singer of Sanne Salomonsen Jam.
Tomas N'evergreen is a Danish singer living in Moscow, who came 11th in the 2009 Russian final.
They have described their song (co-written by Thomas G:son) as an uptempo pop/rock ballad reminiscent og The Police, Tina Turner and Abba.

7. Kaya Brüel - Only Tonight (WILDCARD)
Kaya Brüel is a Danish singer whose grandmother, Birgit Brüel, represented Denmark in ESC 1965.
She has described her song as a dancepop song with a twist of tango.

8. Thomas Barsøe - Just Like Rain
Thomas Barsøe, who lives in California and is a major pop star in Japan, will be singing a groovy feel-good pop song, which is said to be very catchy.
The songwriting team have been working together since 2004.

9. Sukkerchok - Kæmper for kærlighed (WILDCARD)
No introduction needed!
Their song is an melancholic disco-pop song written especially for them, it's very different from "Det' det".
The songwriters have already revealed that it will be sung in English in Oslo if it wins DMGP.

10. Silas Holst & Kat Thisted - Come Come Run Away
Silas Holst won the 2004 Danish latin dance championship and has taken part in 2 Danish seasons of "Strictly Come Dancing", finishing 2nd in 2009.
Kat Thisted in the lead singer of The Kat.
They will be singing an uptempo rock&roll song written by DMGP veteran, Lise Cabble, and Simon Munk, who co-wrote "Drama Queen", the Danish entry in ESC 2007.

(this is also the running order)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

2. Joachim Tranberg - All About a Girl
Joachim won the casting show "Elsk mig i nat" and is currently co-starring in the musical of the same name.
The songwriters also wrote "Believe Again", Denmark's entry in ESC 2009.

In case you didn't know, Ronan Keating is one of the composers and obviously the most recognizable name.
Let's see how he'll do this year.

TF100

Popular singer Zindy Larsen was set to be the fourth wildcard but got disqualified at the last moment after it turned out her song had been sung before October 1st. MariaMatilde Band were her replacement.

No Name

Bland, bland, bland.

I won't jump to conclusions already, but it seems to be really weak MGP '10. It feels like a dejavú. Sukkerchok is in for the 2nd time, and another Ronan Keating composed song takes part as well. The Ronan Keating-part in particular made a few alarmbells ringing.

According the website, DR aims at winning ESC this year. Not only is it really unrealistic considering the general lack of dedication to this contest by the Danish public, it's also really, really stupid. I feel sad seing that pretty much every single European country is able to attract their top-artists, whilst we keep sending ordinary songs by ordinary artists. If DR isn't able to take this contest serious I think a withdrawal from ESC would be on its right place after all. :|

TF100

No Name said:
Bland, bland, bland.

I won't jump to conclusions already, but it seems to be really weak MGP '10. It feels like a dejavú. Sukkerchok is in for the 2nd time, and another Ronan Keating composed song takes part as well. The Ronan Keating-part in particular made a few alarmbells ringing.

According the website, DR aims at winning ESC this year. Not only is it really unrealistic considering the general lack of dedication to this contest by the Danish public, it's also really, really stupid. I feel sad seing that pretty much every single European country is able to attract their top-artists, whilst we keep sending ordinary songs by ordinary artists. If DR isn't able to take this contest serious I think a withdrawal from ESC would be on its right place after all. :|

Surely the 2009 & 2010 lineups are still a huge step up from e.g. 2006?

Schlagerman1

No Name said:
Bland, bland, bland.

Well I think that has been the problem in Sweden too, EXCEPT this year, when more original artists are trying. I think the Eurovision still is too much "Euro Championship in Schlager songs" in the our two countries (at least in Sweden). Norway has noticed that it needs something modern and original to do well and Finland has their rock songs that makes them so special. It's funny, since Norway and Finland are the countries of the nordic ones that has a history of low placements and have now won recently, while Denmark and Sweden are the opposite. About the Danish list, I have no opinion at all. It would be so boring if Denmark sends a Keating-song again...then it's better with Sukkerchok (even if I feel they are too childish for ESC...).

No Name

TF100 said:
Surely the 2009 & 2010 lineups are still a huge step up from e.g. 2006?

I'd agree to a certain extent. There are only minor improvements speaking of quality of the songs, since back in 2006 as you mention. The only remarkable improvement however is the show itself. DMGP 2009 was bigger than ever, the hosts even seemed interested for a change. Ufortunately the songs couldn't quite keep up this level. The ones that actually could were sorted out (I am here refering to Hera Bjørk in particular).

Basically the only song that I'll pinch my faith on for the current line-up is Simone. She won a talentshow by the age of 12 a few years ago. She'll probably sing a ballad, and that's what we're in need of.

A-lister

Veteran

Sukkerchok is the only interesting name out of these... they were the best in the 2009 selection...

And plz not this Ronan Keating type of song again...

I hope Denmark will finally drop the male soloist singing some bland anonymous song like the last couple of years...

Sadly Sukkerchok said they will sing in English if they win... hopefully they would change their mind... but it seems it would be English anyways...

Nike

Ronan Keating is from Ireland, right? Then why he participate in DMGP for second year in row? Does he has any connection with Denmark? Why he doesn't make a try in the Irish NF? :?
About the list I can't have a opinion since I don't know the most part of the artists and songwriters. I wish Denmark good luck. May the best song win. :D

No Name

Well I think that has been the problem in Sweden too, EXCEPT this year, when more original artists are trying. I think the Eurovision still is too much "Euro Championship in Schlager songs" in the our two countries (at least in Sweden). Norway has noticed that it needs something modern and original to do well and Finland has their rock songs that makes them so special. It's funny, since Norway and Finland are the countries of the nordic ones that has a history of low placements and have now won recently, while Denmark and Sweden are the opposite. About the Danish list, I have no opinion at all. It would be so boring if Denmark sends a Keating-song again...then it's better with Sukkerchok (even if I feel they are too childish for ESC...).

I couldn't agree more, although I always find the musical quality in Melodifestivalen better by miles compared to DMGP. I somehow feel that Sweden has suffered from the same voting-culture as we have recently. Seemingly the general ESC-viewer in Denmark and Sweden is very conservative. Experimental or different songs stand have no big chances of doing well. It's my impression that the danes vote for what is catchy. Sometimes the catchy stuff can be very ordinary though, like Brinck for example.

Sometimes I feel as if we're still stuck in the 80's or 90's songwise. Instead of looking forward we're looking backwards, and that's an unfortunate direction that might be the end of Denmark's participation if radical changes and true efforts aren't made.

karenanna

Nike said:
Ronan Keating is from Ireland, right? Then why he participate in DMGP for second year in row? Does he has any connection with Denmark? Why he doesn't make a try in the Irish NF? :?
About the list I can't have a opinion since I don't know the most part of the artists and songwriters. I wish Denmark good luck. May the best song win. :D

Its not Ronan that has entered the song, I doubt that he's bothered either way. Its his other co-writers that are putting the songs forward. He was interviewed on Dutch TV and he was surprised that there was another song being entered. As for writing a song for Ireland, well this year he is ;) Justin Lee Collins will be singing a song written by Ronan and Paul Barry, this will be up for the Irish selection in March.

Melicia

The danish final is on saturday....... Both Denmark, Norway and Iceland has final on saturday........ Denmark have 1 final with 10 song. Not some semi finals! Sweden have first semifinal at saturday too!

So three finals at saturday and one semifinal in the nordic contries

Schlagerman1

I think that Jens Marn or Sukkerchok should win. Both really good songs! :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

The Danish broadcaster, DR, has released snippets of the ten songs competing for the honour of representing Denmark at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest

Click HERE (25 second clips)

1 Bryan Rice - Breathing
(Peter Bjørnskov)

2 Joakim Tranberg - All About A Girl
(Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Michael Larsson, Ronan Keating)

3 MariaMatilde Band - Panik!
(Maria Sejer, Matilde Kühl, Mads Haugaard, Marcus Winther-John)

4 Simone - How Will I Know
(Jacob Launbjerg, Andreas Mørck)

5 Jens Marni - Gloria
(Svend Gudiksen, Johannes Jørgensen, Noah Halby)

6 Chanée & N'evergreen - In A moment Like This
(Thomas G:son, Henrik Sethsson, Erik Bernholm)

7 Kaya Brüel - Only Tonight
(Kaya Brüel)

8 Thomas Barsøe - Just Like Rain
(Patrick Jonsson, Joakim Övrenius, Thomas Karlsson)

9 Sukkerchok - Kæmper For Kærlighed
(Lasse Lindorff, Martin Michael Larsson, Lise Cabble)

10 Silas & Kat - Come Come Run Away
(Lise Cabble, Simon Munk)

No Name

Some of these short snippets surprised me positively, some of them did not. The Faroese band, "Jens Marni" with Gloria really made me curious for more.

Simone has been the definite bookmaker-favourite for a few weeks now, even before this revealing, and I doubt that this snippet will change anything. Her song seems very promising. Considering her age (17) ESC would be a major opportunity for her to finally start an international career. Also ESC woul be quite a big experience for her in comparison with the talentshow she appeared in as a 12-year old. Go Simone! :cool:

I'm almost sure that this DMGP will be a tuff fight between Simone and Sukkerchok, and perhaps even Brian Rice.

Traditionally DMGP is really hard to predict though, as the bookmaker-favourites have a tradition of ending up 2nd-3rd-4th. We saw that with Johnny Deluxe last year, Olsen Brothers in 2005, Zididada in 2004, and I think the same thing happened in 2006 actually.

The odds according to ladbrokesdenmark.dk look as follows:

Simone 1.65
Sukkerchok 2.30
Maria Mathilde Band 4.00
Joakim Tranberg 5.00
Kaya Bruel 8.00
Bryan Rice 8.00
Silas Holst og Kat Thisted 11.00
Jens Marni 11.00
Thomas Barso 13.00
Thomas N’evergreen og Christina Chanee 19.00

AlekS

Veteran

Silas & Kat, Sukkerchok are my faves. though I expected something better from Sukkerchok. Can't wait for Saturday to hear full versions on stage )))

A-lister

Veteran

Simone the bookmaker-favorite? Please Denmark that would be a MISTAKE! Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sukkerchok for Denmark..

but Denmark usually picks the wrong entry in their selection so I don't have any high hopes.

aletem

A promising NF. Interesting song selection for sure and I will look forward to hear the full versions of the songs. My current favourites are Thomas N'evergreen and also Kaya Bruel. 25 seconds is not enough to judge on. There are other songs that seem very nice here such as the songs performed by Jens Marni and Sukkerchok. Simone's song is ok for now. :)
Good, Denmark has better songs in their NF than Norway and Iceland combined.

Melicia

and I thought that people are not allowed to hear songs in their entirety before the finals why are 3 songs on youtube. i lke all songs in danish final. all are great!

Top Bottom