Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

randajad

Veteran
I don't care about using the photo except that it is a bit out of the place with other elements of the staging. :D

Loindici

Veteran
He thinks Greece and Serbia could both do better in the televote than Switzerland in this semi.
Sounds crazy to me..

Let's see how the camera cuts will be. It might not be Greece or Serbia :lol: although Switzerland might come across as too clinical for general taste, according to this press member.

empo21

Veteran
She is much better with dark and somehow alternative sounds (Georgia 2016, Armenia in 2016 and even Bulgaria 2017: all excellent in execution), but she is not particularly great it seems with commerical poppy sounds like Malta this year (although the staging doesn't seem bad, it's just average and it does not elevate the song at all) or Australia in 2018 which was probably the weakest SJB execution of staging (the song was so tv friendly and happy: it was too minimal and too dark at the end).

Yeah joke aside I think she just isn't creative when it comes to pop songs like you said. She had one success with Eleni in 2018 and she's been copy pasting the same staging on pretty much every uptempo she's worked on.

DanielLuis

Come on, there is a text description about participant/entry which being told by commentators in every country during postcard and i almost sure it will be mentioned there
Hmm most commentators I know about completely ignore those descriptions and ramble about whatever the hell they want to ramble about to be fair :lol:

crashworld

Veteran
Come on, there is a text description about participant/entry which being told by commentators in every country during postcard and i almost sure it will be mentioned there

And this is something I hope they won't do - to get "pity" points.

Loindici

Veteran

You're right and it could happen, although we will need to hear what commentaries are made on the live show to prove it :lol:. Right now I can only assume nothing.

On a side note, I'll agree with the chances of Bulgaria playing the sympathy card, we've seen some other examples by other countries years prior.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
me getting launched back by the absolute power of this opening:

Rich-Conventional-Irishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif

Albanias staging looks just so fucking good. Sod the faves, why is no one talking about Albania. So underrated right now.
Because everyone says its very Eurovision 00s and thats why i personally love this, 00s made me love Eurovision. Also looking how slayed Norway in 2019 with Eurovision 00s entry, Albania might get good televote

Loindici

Veteran

THE BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOON IS RIIIIIIIIIIIIIISIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGG

A-lister

Veteran
Because everyone says its very Eurovision 00s and thats why i personally love this, 00s made me love Eurovision. Also looking how slayed Norway in 2019 with Eurovision 00s entry, Albania might get good televote

I hear you! Although Albania is less accessible than Norway 2019 though, but mid to late 00s was the golden years for me in Eurovision so I really get the nostalgic reference here.

Zeus

The energy is good, music sounds good as well, but I don't get the staging. And where is that blood moon? Green outfits and yellow/black-background doesn't really work for me.

Loindici

Veteran

Personally Eurovision 2009 is the golden standard of song quality (if we exclude the Netherlands, although their entry is also fun).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Good job I didn't follow today so closely. :mt: is so massively underwhelming tbh, especially coming from the expectations, they're 100% facing a typical Maltese result tbh - which is televote flop because it really doesn't look any better than their previous efforts. :ge: is a total non-event. :pt: is actually dreadful, staging is nice but the song is tragic as hell. It would be madness for the juries to carry through this song based on staging. The the rest don't phase me one way or another, except for :al: who is probably looking like it's easily the best so far staging wise imo. oh also, :lv: is giving me Triana Park vibes but I guess could go either way.

crashworld

Veteran
And where is that blood moon?

Got stolen by Spain/Blas.

Bless Samanta, bringing the chaotic energy. Love the shot from the above.
But I just don't think the outfits and staging colors match the song unfortunately.
I would expect her to be in more contemporary outfit for such a modern song.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Personally Eurovision 2009 is the golden standard of song quality (if we exclude the Netherlands, although their entry is also fun).
2005 add to it, 2009 was destroyed by boring results and awful winner

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

plss the 00s/early 10s were a golden era. :lol: These new gen esc fans not knowing the hits. smh.

Top Bottom