Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran

It's going to take you into an emotional journey. Those camera cuts are slick.

Although, if it turns out they wanna keep the pajamas, please don't wear 1 kilogram of gems with it.

randajad

Veteran
Just note that Albanian song is totally something that is still relevant in the Balkans. With a different arrangement you could totally still hear something like this in a club. xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
Yeah, never said that. You are really framing here, but do whatever you like.
Sure thing...
Same for liking simple popproductions. I just think it's not really credible if I see these people judge other songs who excelly are more creative or sophisticated or whatever.
Each to their own, I don't see any "sophistication" in boring elevator jazz, but then again I like "simple pop productions" so I guess my opinion isn't credible enough...

ag89

Bulgaria: very warm and pretty.
Portugal: it looks really good, but that lady walking looks tacky, I hoped for some siluette walking slowly, but that lady is in rush. :LOL:
Finland: I am less and less impressed the more I hear it, but the first impression was good so I think Finland has a chance.

Loindici

Veteran
@tamaratodevska

Yes, and no? I remember the times when we question the choice that is the legendary green dress. Tamara's vocals are just *chef's kiss* and that might be the biggest factor for her success.

And can we not talk about Tamara? We need to not trigger our lovely Swedish feline friend into that discussion.

A-lister

Veteran
Yes, and no? I remember the times when we question the choice that is the legendary green dress. Tamara's vocals are just *chef's kiss* and that might be the biggest factor for her success.

And can we not talk about Tamara? We need to not trigger our lovely Swedish feline friend into that discussion.

Thank you for the nod :lol:

What's the discussion? The Black Mamba being this year's jury sweetheart? Nothing would surprise me with them :lol:

I don't see the public getting behind them though, not that Tamara was a public magnet either but I think Portugal this year will do even worse so not sure it's going to help much even with a jury push.

crashworld

Veteran
I agree about the picture in Bulgaria's performance. Maybe if they did a "slideshow" on the LEDs like Hungary 2019 it would look better but having a random childhood picture lying on the floor looks a bit weird.

I would rather she doesn't incorporate any family photos in the performance because I feel it was a tad unnecessary.
As far as I know, the song isn't about her father, it's more of telling a story about growing up and be comfortable growing old.
Just nit-picking.

empo21

Veteran
SJB really half-assed it when it comes to Malta afsfdgagdg

She gave Albania and Switzerland way better concepts.

Loindici

Veteran
Maybe if they did a "slideshow" on the LEDs like Hungary 2019 it would look better but having a random childhood picture lying on the floor looks a bit weird.

I think they want to bring the vibe of the MV and a photo frame does look like your classic vintage memento. Nonetheless, I agree it looked out of place between all those clean staging elements.

A-lister

Veteran

*conspiracy* Maybe the Swedish delegation really thought Tusse would be a contender and saw Malta as their biggest threat hence this half-arsed job? xshrug

Sascha is Swedish after all and was the indoor choreographer/stage director for whole MF this year (so also for Tusse).

Loindici

Veteran
Recap of all 1st semi-final second rehearsals

Rewatching all of these, and here are my opinions...

1. I'm really sorry, Malta looked quite uneventful compared to Ukraine.
2. I'm afraid Albina might be drowning between other songs...
3. ... or maybe Belgium? It stands out but I don't feel like I wanna vote for it.
4. Poor Sweden, and I'm not exaggerating.
5. Lithuania surprisingly still feels refreshing for me
6. Australia also stands out in a good way

Etanna

I think they want to bring the vibe of the MV and a photo frame does look like your classic vintage memento. Nonetheless, I agree it looked out of place between all those clean staging elements.
I understand what they're going for but I don't think it works. I'll depend on how they work with it in the whole performance. If there's going to be a lot of far-away shots in which we see that there's something lying on the ground, it will be a distraction.

ag89

She is much better with dark and somehow alternative sounds (Georgia 2016, Armenia in 2016 and even Bulgaria 2017: all excellent in execution), but she is not particularly great it seems with commerical poppy sounds like Malta this year (although the staging doesn't seem bad, it's just average and it does not elevate the song at all) or Australia in 2018 which was probably the weakest SJB execution of staging (the song was so tv friendly and happy: it was too minimal and too dark at the end).

Zeus

Sure thing...

Each to their own, I don't see any "sophistication" in boring elevator jazz, but then again I like "simple pop productions" so I guess my opinion isn't credible enough...
You know what being credible means?

able to be believed; convincing.
"few people found his story credible"

It's really a subjective, personal thing to say. I also explicitly said: ''I just think that''.. Still all about (personal) opinions. Not about saying in general people are undereducated or something.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I understand what they're going for but I don't think it works. I'll depend on how they work with it in the whole performance. If there's going to be a lot of far-away shots in which we see that there's something lying on the ground, it will be a distraction.
They are just playing card with sick father, which i dont like at all, i hoped they will not use that painful topic for extra points

A-lister

Veteran
You know what being credible means?

able to be believed; convincing.
"few people found his story credible"

It's really a subjective, personal thing to say. I also explicitly said: ''I just think that''.. Still all about (personal) opinions. Not about saying in general people are undereducated or something.

I am fully aware of the meaning of the word, and I am also aware of how words can have a special meaning depending on the context.

I think it was pretty blatant if you ask me, but if you truly meant something else then sure we can say so and leave it be.

Loindici

Veteran
They are just playing card with sick father, which i dont like at all, i hoped they will not use that painful topic for extra points

I feel casual viewers wouldn't think that far and just perceive it as a normal prop, because a photo frame alone wouldn't explain the story.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I feel casual viewers wouldn't think that far and just perceive it as a normal prop, because a photo frame alone wouldn't explain the story.
Come on, there is a text description about participant/entry which being told by commentators in every country during postcard and i almost sure it will be mentioned there

Top Bottom