Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@Mike This are what rehearsals are for. I'm sure they've taken notice of what's off and will fix it. The routine itself seems good so it should be easy enough to iron out the little problems.

Iker

Veteran
I really do not get the hate for Spain..
I really liked the rehearsal..
Why is that entry so demonized..
I really did like vocals, atmosphere on the stage, colors, big moon, and dont know if that will be outfot, but it is lovely..
That composition is miles better than Greece for example.. I don’t get it… :?

UK is so groovy, I loved giant trumpets. :D :lol:
UK looks set to avoid their usual annual disappointment this year. Those trumpets will definitely make people remember UK.

lasse braun

:it: will do well with the public for sure (as always) but I just don`t see them making the cut with the juries.
:fr: I personally can`t see doing that well with the public. Honestly I don`t even know if juries will go for it as much as people think. It just has a dated vibe.
i think that italy will get more jurypoints than some people expect,because in the jurys sitting a lot of musicans and they will like it (same with portugal).
france will get a tough televotetest in east and south-east europe,balkan and maybe also in north europe.
that means,that in my opinium italy has better chances in this duell but maybe we have a mexican standing or 4,5,6,7 more contenders on the same level.

Last edited:

lasse braun

I absolutely don't see middle-aged or older people voting for it
bla-bla - lasse is nearly 60 (next year) and i like this kind of music,you know complex pop avantgarde art ect.
must i go to the doctor now because something is wrong with me? xcookie

tuorem

:ge: Very intimately staged which is just what the song needed. No other artist this year has presented themselves in such a vulnerable way. The lighting is spot on. Tornike sounds gorgeous.You can call me sunshine all you want, honey. I'm on my way to Rotterdam. Wanna C U 2
daydreaming.gif
daydreaming.gif
XOXO

Fixed. Now that's more like it. Someone write a fiery Torni-Kai fanfic for me please.
daydreaming.gif
I cleared out my inbox.

jatojo

hmmm laid back...bakerman is breaking bread...slow down...relax....take it easy. xmusic
meanwhile 31 years ago - no internet - no smartphones - intensiv herrliche zeiten!
That song is almost the complete opposite of Jendrik's. ;)

AliceEsc

I'm one of the few that really liked :ch: staging. The song was starting to fade, but with this staging I find it so interesting.
Although I laughed way too hard with all the voice-overs :ROFLMAO:

Now, after all the rehearsals I would like :fr: :it: or :is: to win,
I never saw the appeal on the :mt: song and still don't.

i think that italy will get more jurypoints than some people expect,because in the jurys sitting a lot of musicans and they will like it (same with portugal).
france will get a tough televotetest in east and south-east europe,balkan and maybe also in north europe.
that means,that in my opinium italy has better chances in this duell but maybe we have a mexican standing or 4,5,6,7 more contenders on the same level.
This song is better than Mahmoods who did fine with juries and I already saw professional musicians reviewing Zitti e buoni and they praise the guitar line / melody, production and vocalist's bariton range.

So you're right that the juries will not downgrade this. It will not be their fav but they will also not downgrade this.

The highest marks will split between France Swiss Malta and even some bops, so the televote will decide in the end.

As for France and somebody from SE Europe, I disagree that France could get high points from our televote, except maybe Italy and some Spain.

Southern than Austria this French style is not very popular. I'd even say it is annoying to some.

We had artists who imitate the French "canzona" style, they were always praised by the reviewers and heavily avoided by the public, performed mostly in small concert halls here, and then would sell out Olympia in Paris for 3 nights in the row. It can be a masterpiece song or a performer, but for us that style is too pretentious and not according to our sentiment.

People here dont like preachers of quality culture and of a style that doesnt make you want to cry and sob / or stand up and dance / or stand up and crash your apartment then your neighbours. 🤣

In terms of ballads, we would vote Albanian entry over French any time.

From SE and EE France can expect some points from Serbia due to Barbaras heritage and Russia.

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
This song is better than Mahmoods who did fine with juries and I already saw professional musicians reviewing Zitti e buoni and they praise the guitar line / melody, production and vocalist's bariton range.

So you're right that the juries will not downgrade this. It will not be their fav but they will also not downgrade this.

The highest marks will split between France Swiss Malta and even some bops, so the televote will decide in the end.

As for France and somebody from SE Europe, I disagree that France could get high points from our televote, except maybe Italy and some Spain.

Southern than Austria this French style is not very popular. I'd even say it is annoying to some.

We had artists who imitate the French "canzona" style, they were always praised by the reviewers and heavily avoided by the public, performed mostly in small concert halls here, and then would sell out Olympia in Paris for 3 nights in the row.

From SE and EE France can expect some points from Serbia due to Barbaras heritage and Russia.

I don't know sis, for instance whenever Zaz comes up with an album, it charts in the top 10 of the sales here as well as in about 15 other European countries, central and eastern Europe included. Not that all of her music would be exactly in Voilà's style, but similarities could certainly be drawn. I still think Switzerland and Italy both have higher televote potential, but I wouldn't wave France away just like that.

It's not like Salvador would need Europe to be all about jazzy bossa novas in 2017...

Last edited:
Top Bottom