Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

EscGeek

Veteran
Yaaaaaay, assuming i'll be as invested in it as much as i am towards eurovision, i'll finally learn the exact locations of Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri because i keep mixing them up in jetpunk. xrofl

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Not me giving my Californian diaspora votes from Arizona xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
edit: lmao looks like Christer Björkman is involved

LMAOOO that's why he 'retired' from MF then. He got offered a hot new job and bigger paycheck across the pond.

popavapeur

that was a pretty boring day compared to the late late show with j.. from yesterday :D
I mean it was pretty normal but yesterday felt like a whirlwind of everything

GermanBango

Did you have the same opinion for Portugal 2017? Like, that's the exact same kind of performance that can stand out fairly well. It's a very appealing song!

Is it though? Honestly it`s just another French chanson ... there is nothing really special about it. :unsure:

FilipFromSweden

I don't want to spoil it for myself but is it true that Roxen had a terrible rehersal?

Skrzeczk

I don't want to spoil it for myself but is it true that Roxen had a terrible rehersal?
At first rehearsal her vocals were really bad and she looked kind of lost on stage. Second rehearsal: her vocals improved but still are not very good. There is an information that she felt very emotional andbcried during the first rehearsal so it made her vocals worse. Her first rehearsal was placed last in the press poll in second half of first semifinal.

I don't know whether I should tell you about staging (spoiler) so I stop here.

I think the Swiss staging is good but he needs to make the delivery more suitable to the song and more natural overall. The biggest problem in my view are his facial expressions - he's expressionless and then out of nowhere he makes an exaggerated wince/gesture. Also the movements and camera cuts are a bit too frantic.

They need to make it look like he's actually performing Tout l'univers because it doesn't really look like that at the moment.
Thank God somebody said this so I dont get accused of trolling 🤣

When I saw 1st rehersal clip I saw staging only and thought he had a concept that brings him a 12 when compared to France and Malta

Then I saw him today actually performing and it was so awkward.

But not awkward as good awkward, but creepy awkward. His moves and facial expressions are simply, well, repulsive.

This is a very sensible and specific song / extremly depends on its atmospheric concept - an artist has to have a capacity to produce that exact emotion visually as well

But Gjon at the moment looks like he robbed somebody elses song and is trying to convince us its his thing, whereas its obviously not.

They all said No piano please. Now I think he should have had a piano only haha.

Unpopular opinion - Albania was the best today. She made her song sound like a true hit in that arena. If qualifies she will get votes from south and east Europe, this is our type of soul.

The Lion King and Samanta rising all over the stage and herself I will not comment.

For the rest I dont remeber and IDC really haah.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:sm: I've died and gone to kitsch heaven xheat I'm loving pretty much everything about this so far. Most importantly I think is that Senhit sounds great. This admittedly is treading on very thin ice cause it's a lot but I think San Marino will get away with it.

:ee: Not bad but this honestly doesn't feel like enough here. Uku is in a really unfortunate position performing this early. The moment where he bends down and touches the floor which we see a split second of at the end of the video looks nice.

:cz: Benny continues to worry me a bit here. Thought this would have a bit more to it. This man is a very charismatic performer though and so I still believe in his potential to charm the viewers, and of course the song is great.

:gr: The invisible dancer gimmick is unique but unfortunately poorly executed, coming across more as a tacky stunt. The song itself isn't wacky enough to get away with it.

:at: Nothing extraordinary that we haven't seen before but this is tasteful and slick. It would have been hard to stage this any better than they have done here.

:pl: The pyros are a disaster in this rehearsal. Get rid of them (at least the one directly in front of Rafal's face please). Otherwise I think the routine is well suited to the song. Vocals obviously not the very best but ok.

:md: I honestly think this looks really well done. The problem is that they presented something so vividly out there with the official video that this performance looks incredibly tame by comparison.

:is: The opening is incredibly striking. Way to capture our attention from the get go. This looks to be doing a lot right. Even if I'm generally not crazy for the band's aesthetics, they're always true to themselves. People will appreciate them.

:rs: Something unfortunately about this feels a bit off to me. The Hurricane girls are fierce but I wish we got staging that reflected that a bit more. The routine needs to be tightened up as well as it looks ever so slightly clumsy in places.

:ge: Very intimately staged which is just what the song needed. No other artist this year has presented themselves in such a vulnerable way. The lighting is spot on. Tornike sounds gorgeous.

:al: It's a big risk going solo on stage for a song like this but I think it could pay off for Albania this year. The lcd screen is really good here. Anxhela looks gorgeous in front of the red smoke. Really quite striking. Can this magic be kept up for the full three minutes though?

:pt: ok, with actual footage of how this will look I'm finally able to see what all the fuss is about. What they've done here really makes the stage look impressive. That little walk across the runway is a visually pleasing moment. I can't say I'm huge though on the style they've gone for. The art is giving me cheap Youtube lyric video vibes.

:bg: The first time I'm getting winner vibes this year. Everything here is absolutely spot on. I worried that this song wouldn't be enough in that moment when Victoria bizarrely ditched Imaginary Friend, but now it's all starting to make sense. The idea, the execution, the vocals... I don't think anything could be better. This will reach people hard. The staging won't be forgotten and many will be touched.

:fi: Nothing really to complain about here. Doing everything right. I think the red filter looks really good and works with the song.

:lv: My feelings are kind of mixed here. On the one hand I think that Samanta is killing it. She looks amazing, sounds perfect and I actually really like what's on the lcd screen. Problem here are the awkwardly placed (and dare I say dressed) backing singers and the camera work. There's just not enough going on. It's one of the wildest songs this year but I feel like something is being held back.

:ch:
tenor.gif
Good lord, where to start? The dancing makes me recoil. Those little hip hop movements are so unfitting. What's more fitting (although no less awful) are the pretentious interpretive dance moves that follow. The whole thing feels so unnatural and try-hard. And in a year where everyone wants to win Barbara Dex, I'd say Gjon's Tears for sure wants a bit of that for himself too. The Simon Cowell trousers, the puffy clown shirt (that Senhit wears better) and the giant white shoes. Who is sabotaging this man?

:dk: A very overused colour scheme this year but if there's any song it matches it's of course Denmark. Looks nice. Unsure about the stage antics but might look better with an audience. Still unsure about its qualification chances.

Seok-jin

:sm: I've died and gone to kitsch heaven xheat I'm loving pretty much everything about this so far. Most importantly I think is that Senhit sounds great. This admittedly is treading on very thin ice cause it's a lot but I think San Marino will get away with it.
SenHIT deliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers what we wanna see. xheat xheat xheat
:rs: Something unfortunately about this feels a bit off to me. The Hurricane girls are fierce but I wish we got staging that reflected that a bit more. The routine needs to be tightened up as well as it looks ever so slightly clumsy in places.
Ivana was flopping a little bit, yes. But I am sure she will be back on track until the live shows. I agree that they are fierce, but what more do we want than twerking with the hands in the air? xqueenbitch

Top Bottom