Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Ok, so now that all the rehersals are over, I would like to wrap up some thoughts on this year contesters but also the ESC in general. I'll take that right as somebody who knows music and has in her album collection stuff from Metallica and Nirvana or White Stripes, Coldplay and Beatles, Madonna Rihanna and Lady Gaga, to Eminem Drake and Outkast, or then Chemical Brothers Prodigy and Avicii.

So far i talked about my fav and didn't want to to comment what I dislike because I know that people are passionate for the entries they stan. But this time I will talk others and I will not be super nice not to get anybody offended.

Italy aside then, let's roll.

CYPRUS and RO. It is trully unacceptable, in 21st century, to rip off in an unoriginal way other famous artist. By that I mean Cyprus and their Bad Romance with El Diablo and Romanian Billie Eilish. I wish that people coming to compete somewhere in music respect at least the first principal idea of a music contest - I made something original and came here to offer it to you. This is simply rude and should not happen in a major music event, like ever! For musicians this is a mindblowing disrespect. These 2 entries were from the start double crossed for me.

SAN MARINO Furthermore, it would be nice if finally somebody understood that Latin American bop era starting somewhere back then with Pitbull or FloRida is simply over. It's outdated and now unoriginal and there is nothing new that this repetitive electronic production genre can offer. The most amazing bop coming from that part of World's music tradition, Despacito, was successful exactly because it was not FloRida Pitbill and racatacataca tune. Therefore, San Marino, or anybody else, don't do it ever again!

OTHER DANCE BOPS INCLUDING MY MATERNAL COUNTRY CROATIA AND MALTA AND MOLDOVA FROM SEMI 2 - You have all proved, by essentially sounding all the same, that you in fact are simple workers in pop industry who do not know one single thing on integrating electronic music into pop production. Have you ever wondered why all entries in Semifinal 1 sound the same to you???? This is the reason. The songs were made by people who know zero on composing electronic music and making it sound pop (e.g. David Guetta knows it, consult him).

POLAND, DENMARK, SPAIN, GERMANY AND UKU - Lele - now there are some who disrespect music contests by not providing original artistic work. And there are always that category who simply think they can "just have fun" or make "pop classic". Well guess what, nobody wants to watch 39 popish classics in a row heard zillion times before with poor production only to have fun on Saturday night. It's a Saturday night, I'd rather have sex. 🤣 and this is the main reason why most people do not want to watch Eurovision.

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO THE SCREAMING DIVAS

This is not the Voice. And you're not competing on a local festival for Best New Vocal Award. It is MUSIC festival. You compete with everything you have and with what you don't have as well. If you are not conveying a mindblowing idea and you are not this woman 👇

you shouldn't be allowed to scream. Nor whistle scream. Never. We are not impressed by it.

WHAT'S LEFT WORTH PRAISE

Iceland - original pop production, masterpiece production to that genre, thank you

Roop - an original electro artist, go hold classes on electro production to others here, bop artists need it

France - thank you for singing, not screaming, but that's all. In terms of music you did zero new or original.

Ukraine and Russia - thank you for being original artists representing your respective countries, and not the music trends. You are the only ones who kept meaning to the European idea of this contest.

In the end, Italy, thank you once more for existing here at all, if it wasn't for you in 2019 and 2021, I'd never watch this contest again.

Condor out. 😁
İ have an uncomfortable question for you...

Why do you watch Eurovision? You mentioned your music collection and they are all American music, may be Eurovision songs just not for you?

Why do you watch Eurovision? You mentioned your music collection and they are all American music, may be Eurovision songs just not for you?
What kind of Q is that??

I watch it to support my homelands and always find at least once a year a good artist I'd follow after ESC. Like e.g. Mor ve Ötesi.

Because of them I also discovered later on and started listening Gazapizm, Duman, Sezen Aksu.

The Q you asked is super illogical. Maybe because you watch ESC I should now conclude that Turkish music is not for you? 🤣

Bu sevdalar boşuna le bu sevdalar boşuna delalim delalim delalim 🤣🤣🤣

And btw, this American thesis of your is next super illogical thing you just said, because all of the ESC contesters that I criticized are an unoriginal rip off of American music.

Maybe you don't realize that because you don't listen American music.

The ones i praised are trully European music style - Iceland, France, Lithuania, Russia and Ukraine.

And btw, you do not know that Coldplay and Prodigy and Cardigans that I mentioned in my collection are from - guess where - Europe. Ta dam. Hahah

Now it makes me think you are watching European song contest without knowing biggest Europan artists, and you tell me Go listen sth American.

God you flopped badly. 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe you should stop listening all music as you don't know where it comes from. Or maybe it's a problem with geography. Or reading. IDK. 🤣

Last edited:
That was rather rethorical question

And btw i never mentioned European music, i said Eurovision songs because Eurovision was always a place for very different kind of music you cant find on radio charts. We know they might be cliche or unoriginal but we love these songs

Again, you're illogical. I said what you said. If you watch if for original music different kinds you can't find on radio, then I watch it for that as well.

But ESC songs lately are simple American rip offs from the radio charts, not what you claim them to be.

I also said that there are artists I loved who made me explore music of other European countries as well. Therefore I praised ESC in that extent..

You are not making a point anywhere. 🤣

You are simply annoyed because somewhere in my review I mentioned in a negative way somebody you stan and fangirl for this year and now you simply want to discredit me personally by imputing me Oh the ESC simply is not for her haah.

Very poor behaviour.

Seok-jin

I have only one problem. Why BTS is not mentioned in your review? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

9f090485ca86154d7ff7fda47a6cd3525e066d0dr1-250-260_00.gif

A-lister

Veteran
If I could vote in Semi 2 I would have voted for them... 10 out of 20 votes. I just love it.

There will always be an audience for everything, but I don't think the average voter will support it much and to succeed with the public you need support from more than the fringes.

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
I still have a hard time seeing success for Portugal, I really don't think there is a bigger audience for that song among the average viewers. Juries might save them though, but will it be enough?

I think there is a room in older audiences since the song has that nostalgic rock ballad hit feeling, and the chorus is simple enough to be remembered in one listening. I'm not sure whether it's enough to help them qualify, but these men undoubtedly have chances.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
We've now opened up our prediction poll for Semi-Final 1!

Click the link below, vote for the ten countries YOU PREDICT to qualify and we'll reveal all before tomorrow's jury show!

A-lister

Veteran
I think there is a room in older audiences since the song has that nostalgic rock ballad hit feeling, and the chorus is simple enough to be remembered in one listening. I'm not sure whether it's enough to help them qualify, but these men undoubtedly have chances.

I don't really think that audience is watching Eurovision en masse though (and I don't mean older people but the people who are generally into music like this, regardless of age).

Top Bottom