Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
Vasil making Dotterdam happen is the highlight of the first day of rehearsals so far XDDDDDDD

Loindici

Veteran

Serena00

I am truly sad that I can't make myself like "Amen". "Voda" was such a strong song, so this is quite a letdown for me. But as always - a magnificient voice!
I totally agree. I also didn't like when Ana said "Sing it" during the rehearsal, made me cringe

Loindici

Veteran
Very Frederik Rydman, but it also reminded me of Silvan Areg's.

mauve

Veteran
I agree. The staging of Lesley seems to be interesting, but she really needs to work on her vocals.

All in all, the first day was fine to me. There wasn't a performance completely outstanding for me. Yes, Russia seems to be fun, but I don't like the song. Ana's staging might be also interesting, but again - I don't like the song. The others are rather underwhelming.

Tomorrow, I am looking forward to Norway, Belgium and Ukraine the most. :)

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
:lt: nothing interesting, stanging is empty, main accent on cringy moves and faces, i dont see how its a favorite

:sl: probably you have seen something more than me because i dont see here great staging at all, she basically staying alone and there is space background and how its great?

:ru: that was fun, they should (hope) improve the exit from dress because it looks a bit eh now but background unique and overall impression is good even with short clip

:se: we have seen that already on MF, except new costume which is even more ridiculous than before. Vocals were week, so far its qualifying purely on being Sweden and a bit of trendy song

:au: no idea how to comment that but staging somehow looks interesting

:mk: 🤦‍♂️😆

:ie: very weak and mediocre, staging probably understandle only on tv screen because from photos is eh. İt was known Lesley doesnt have good live and her studio song was full of autotune so i have no idea how she can improve vocals in a week as everyone hopes

Serena00

My top 3 today:
Lithuania - it was what I expected and what I love them for
Australia - the biggest surprise to me, it actually sounds and looks good
Sweden - outfit aside, Tusse's charisma can get him top 10 not only with juries, but with televote too

Pål Nordahl

The first day of rehearsals haven't changed anything for me.

:lt: As expected, it looks almost identical to the music video. If it's not broken, don't fix it right? But I'm not hugely excited by it.

:sl: Looks like they're making great use of the LED visuals. It looks very nice! Shame about the song though...

:ru: My favorite staging so far! Very entertaining. Manizha is an awesome performer. Russia stays firmly in my top 10.

:se: I was worried about Tusse's vocals but he sounded great. Whoever chose the outfit should be fired. Still don't like the song.

:au: Black latex is a choice... I'm intrigued by the little we've seen.

:mk: Um..

:ie: Very difficult to imagine how this will look on TV. Fredirk Rydman is using a lot of augmented reality. It could be amazing. Vocals are fine for a rehearsal, despite what some people are saying. Still in my top 10.

Chrisiam

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be too worried about the vocals of any of the acts who rehearsed at this stage of events. The key for them is to make sure that they know what is happening on stage, the tech folks know what they are doing, and that they can see if their staging plans are actually practical on this stage.

When we start to get into next week and people are sounding weak then we panic.

jatojo

:ie: very weak and mediocre, staging probably understandle only on tv screen because from photos is eh. İt was known Lesley doesnt have good live and her studio song was full of autotune so i have no idea how she can improve vocals in a week as everyone hopes
As I had expected - Ireland has been greatly overrated by the fans, while the bookmakers had little faith in it.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Generally I would say:

:lt: actually improved a lot, very fun excellent opener
:sl: kind of not in it tbh, but it's the first rehearsal
:ru: slayed, wig flew down the Wolga, etc
:se: need to improve vocals and presentation, but this is qualifier material irrespective of flag
:au: can't rly be judged based on 30 seconds of footage
:mk: was boring
:ie: completely solved the problem of Lesley's charisma and didn't solve the problem of her vocals

empo21

Veteran
A kind of flat series of rehearsals today. Nothing too bad, nothing great. It is the weaker half of the semi so it's expected. Excited for tomorrow when we have bigger favorites and some polarising entries.

:ru: Russian doll concept dress with a door is the highlight for sure. I think some worry about the appeal and the message finding its way to the viewers, but I think Manizha manages to present the idea of the song very well even when it's mainly in Russian. It's campy but as we've seen from the NF, that the dress is just a small part of the performance.

Manizha coming out of a traditional Russian dress/item in a less traditional outfit (tracksuit) but keeping some traditional elements on (headpiece) - I think the message comes across well enough ;)

Ali_

I replied to an insta story on the EMA account suggesting they remove 'sing it!'. Doubt they'll see it/pay attention but worth a shot as it really makes me cringe. Though if they pay attention to general fan reactions, which smart delegations do (to an extent anyway), maybe they will as I've only seen negative things about that part.

Top Bottom