Contact us

Dark horses / Fanflops

midnightsun

Veteran
Here we can discuss which gem has not been discovered by the masses but will later and which song overhyped by fans will fall from grace eventually (or, in the eyes of the public, in the finals).

Dark horse: This year has potential for a lot of dark horses because due to the similarity of many songs some will fall by the wayside. I think :ee: will end up in the middle of the scoreboard and not flopped as predicted - thanks to the audience. I can also see :sm: doing well because it's in a weak semi and it has a coolness factor that especially juries love (who want to be hip but supporting Austria and Czech Republic let them appear too bland).

(Fan) flops: :ro: Juries will overhype Bulgaria and no one will vote for Romania because it's similar musicwise and people usually vote for only one of them. Especially juries who are responsible to ensure a variety of songs. I also can see :ch: and :it: in danger, especially with the juries. Also, :mt: and :de: will have to fight for votes because the songs are somewhat similar and people will decide for one of them (given both are in the finals). My guess is, Eastern Europe will vote for Ben, Western for Destiny. Especially the juries. Malta has always been a jury favourite.

choda

Slovenia and Portugal have a shot of going to final.

Realest

Dark Horses: :ee::at::md::dk:
Flops: :gr::ua:

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I think Indonesia is a dark horse also ^

theditz83

Veteran
Dark horses (still not sure why everyone is sleeping on these):
:il: (pure joy and energy, and a great mix of styles and ethnic influences that will speak to a wide group of voters)
:ee: (I really enjoy the melody of this one, and I think it stands out from the see of male-led middle-of-the-road tracks this year - won't challenge for the win, but may surprise)

Flops:
:lt: (as much as I love it, I don't think it holds up against Russia which just seems tighter and more instant)
:bg: (it'll get some cool "OMG Billie Eilish wtf duh" point, but needs to be thankful it's in the weaker semi cos it would tank in Semi 1)

Alaska49

:ro: is the kate ryan the end

also :cz: will qualify and do better than anyone is giving benny credit for

midnightsun

Veteran
I honestly can’t see Iceland in the top 5. I would be surprised if it goes top 10 at all.

I like the song, it‘s catchy and it‘s funny. But both not so much it will be outperforming some other really good songs. We have Russia, we have Lithuania, as far as the „crazy“ songs are concerned. Russia is 70% making fun and 30% catchy remarkable song. Lithuania is 70% catchy remarkable song and 30% fun performance.

Iceland is 50% making fun, 25% catchy song and 25% random boring 80s tv show intro song. This is not enough to stand out.

Kaz

Flops: :ro: :ch:
Dark horses: :fi: :md:

QuirkyYodel

With everyone predicting :ro: to be a fanflop, I’m expecting absolutely nothing more than a last place in its semifinal with less than 10 points from the jury and televoters eachxheat

OT: :rs: has chances to tank due to the juries and overall I can’t see it doing well at all. I also get 17-18th place in the GF vibes from :ie: but once again I predicted Austria to qualify and end up top 5 in its semi last year so... :lol:

Top Bottom