Contact us

Dark Horse for 2011

lucian-crusher

I don't think that Greece will get our 12 points. If we didn't give 12 points to "Opa" last year then we won't give our 12 points to Loukas this year IMO.

That's because :md: was in the Final last year. But we gave 10 to ,,Opa" so.... And whenever I am talking about votes I only talk about televoting....

@FallenAngelII: I said that :gr: will finish Top 5 if people only vote for Loukas part but that's impossible because there is also that horrible Rap part that ruins it. Anyway I say that :gr: will qualify and finish Top 12.

Last edited:

FallenAngelII

@FallenAngelII: I said that :gr: will finish Top 5 if people only vote for Loukas part but that's impossible because there is also that horrible Rap part that ruins it. Anyway I say that :gr: will qualify and finish Top 12.
This is a "Dark Horse" thread. Top 12 isn't very notable. Also, you keep saying Romania will give Greece high marks.

lucian-crusher

This is a "Dark Horse" thread. Top 12 isn't very notable. Also, you keep saying Romania will give Greece high marks.

I was replying to rebus, I was not repeating myself and after that I replyed to you and agreed with you In a way. Without the Rap part Greece would finish high! And the Top 12 was for Reggie as he said :gr: won't qualify!

And I agree with you again! A Dark Horse for me means Top 3 that's why I said :hu: will be the Dark Horse this year. They are 5th in the odds now, so if they finish 3rd they are a Dark Horse because they would do better then expected!

FallenAngelII

And I agree with you again! A Dark Horse for me means Top 3 that's why I said :hu: will be the Dark Horse this year. They are 5th in the odds now, so if they finish 3rd they are a Dark Horse because they would do better then expected!
I don't think Hungary is a Dark Horse. I'm suprised it's no recieving more hype, but it's merely overlooked, not actually panned. With a good stage show, it's a potential winner. Critics are slowly warming up to the entry, though.

aletem

Yeah, Hungary isn't really a dark horse. They even win in some esc-related polls.

94ayd

After the rehearsals, our predictions will be more realistic. Only 4 days left
woohoo.gif

+9999999999999999999... :lol:

Manosland

Well I think that Switzerland is a dark horse......or is just me that I like the song? mmmmmmm.....

mullally

Belarus and Bulgaria!!

Belarus- It's the catchiest song of the year! And that refrain won't leave my head! Most people vote for the songs they can remember after all the performances. I'm guessing this is one that will be remembered. I think this song can be the big surprise this year... with so many crappy songs, it really stands out. At least in Semi 2.

Bulgaria- People will vote for her if she's as charismatic as she is in the video. A breath of fresh air... and the kid's are gonna vote for Bulgaria.

Scooby

San Marino will be dark horse and next year we have ESC on meadow :lol:

FallenAngelII

:il: will be the dark horse!!!
Only if they completely revamp the performance. There are worse songs and singers this year, but her presentation is just dull. It's like she watched the last 3 years of Swedish Eurovision performances and went "Why yes, I'd love to end up 18th or worse!". Mostly standing still and then swaying a bit with some arm movement during the chorus and/or bridge does not a good stage show befitting of a non-ballad make.

Last edited:

r3gg13

I think after watching the rehearsals, Slovenia, Macedonia and Cyprus will surprise us :D

Slovenia- I'm too biased to talk about her, but she did sound much better than before.
Macedonia- They're really entertaining to watch on stage, plus their performance is not sloppy.
Cyprus- Great voices, nice ethnic flare. If we don't vote for them, I think they're gonna throw the "ball" (IDK, what to call it) to the audience :lol:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
After watching rehearsals, I think the dark horse now is Spain. I see it appealing to a lot of people and may even get top 5.

I would love to say Cyprus as despite how amazing France was in rehearsals, for me Cyprus put on the best show of all the countries, but I still see it failing to qualify, regardless of how good it is.

markovs

:il: will be the dark horse!!!

I'm afraid that's just national bias and wishful thinking. This is one of the real turkeys this year. Her vocals are bad, the song is boooooooring and insipid and it will be lucky to make it out of the semi. Absolutely no chance at all of making top 10 even with the publicity from Dana. A real example of NOT a dark horse, just a song that someone likes individually.

Top Bottom