Contact us

Dark Horse for 2011

alen....

GEORGIA!!!
In my opinion, this is one of the best songs this year, and the most underrated.

FallenAngelII

Re: Black Horse for 2011

Most oddsmakers are betting on a final result outside of the Top 5 or even Top 10 for Russia. I say definite Top 10 finish and probable Top 5 finish for Russia. And I don't see many fans even talking about the entry on these boards.

Depending on the stage show. With an at least competent stage show, it is set to finish Top 10.

The dark horses of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 are Belarus and Iceland. They will both qualify for the grand final. You'll see. I was right about Romania last year.
I don't see how Romania was a dark horse last year. Even the, at times, bumbling fools in the Inför Eurovision Song Contest 2011 panel predicted it would do well.

aletem

Ok! I am placing a bet that :is: will finish Top 10! Let's see! :D
Iceland could do well, if all the commentators in that semi-final say about what did happen to the singer. Then I could see Europe going for it. Otherwise, those kind of songs end traditionally low in the semi-finals with 14-20 points. I actually like the Icelandic song.

lucian-crusher

Iceland could do well, if all the commentators in that semi-final say about what did happen to the singer. Then I could see Europe going for it. Otherwise, those kind of songs end traditionally low in the semi-finals with 14-20 points. I actually like the Icelandic song.

Then they can count out the votes from :ro: because, usually, our commentators don't even now what Eurovision is, so I doubt they will know the story of the Icelandic song :lol:

Stella

Cyprus,if they'll create a magical performance.
Slovakia I hope it will be the dark horse of Eurovision 2011,I love the song and the girls are lovely and talented :)
And I think Georgia could do well :)

r3gg13

I'm in love with the Cypriot entry this year. I didn't like it at first though. I think a good stage performance will do that song justice. Maybe something like Regina's performance in 2009 will fit this song well. :D

chikos_2011

To the people saying Latvia, I agree 100%. Not the greatest song but definitley a better song
To the people who say Ukraine, I also agree. I don't like the song AT ALL, but remembering that last year Ukraine was panned on this forum and easily made the finals makes me think it will happen again

Greece, I mean come on, top 10 placings every year for the last what, 8 years or so? theres no way it'll miss the cutoff, and its an interesting song, rap and folk, if its got a good performance wouldn't be suprised if it comes top 5

And my dark horse to win the competition. Russia. The guy can actually sing (it shocked me...i was expecting all looks no substance) unlike a certain Swedish singer (sigh) and with neighbour voting, I can't see it fail.

The biggest dissapointment of the night, well thats easily France. Guys, it bites as a song, no matter how great the guys voice is.

FallenAngelII

Greece, I mean come on, top 10 placings every year for the last what, 8 years or so? theres no way it'll miss the cutoff, and its an interesting song, rap and folk, if its got a good performance wouldn't be suprised if it comes top 5
The only song to extensively feature rap that has passed through the semi-final since its introuction featuerd a 75 yearold rapper (the other was the jury's save, so it doesn't really count).

Stereo Mike is subpar and will thus most probably fail. It might pass to the final, but it's not a candidate to be a dark horse

lucian-crusher

The only song to extensively feature rap that has passed through the semi-final since its introuction featuerd a 75 yearold rapper (the other was the jury's save, so it doesn't really count).

Stereo Mike is subpar and will thus most probably fail. It might pass to the final, but it's not a candidate to be a dark horse

You do realise that we are talking about :gr: right? Leaving the aside tthe fact that :gr: will qualify whatever it sendsa, we must take in count that Greek language and music is one of the most loved in Europe. So if we cut the Rap part, Loukas's part could do really well. I am 100 % sure that if :md: doesen't qualify :gr: will get our 12 in the Final....

asia

Re: Black Horse for 2011

Can I say poland? Its 40/1 in the betting. Latvia will also do a lot better than its predicted to.

Samb

Latvia will either crash or soar. I think its a good song, with a decent chance of qualifying; and very capatable of top ten in the final *if* the performance, song order and regional voting goes their way.

FallenAngelII

You do realise that we are talking about :gr: right? Leaving the aside tthe fact that :gr: will qualify whatever it sendsa, we must take in count that Greek language and music is one of the most loved in Europe. So if we cut the Rap part, Loukas's part could do really well. I am 100 % sure that if :md: doesen't qualify :gr: will get our 12 in the Final....
Since when is the Greek language one of the most beloved languages in Europe?

The juries exist to counteract those things. Also, I said that the entry might pass to the final and I was being generous simply because it's a Greek entry (if it were from, say, Cyprus or Malta, it'd crash and burn). But it won't win or get Top 5. I don't even see it make the Top 10.

Stereo Mike really brings the entire entry down.

r3gg13

@Lucian: I think that Greece could barely get through the final, if they do, I think that they will be in 15th to last place. I don't have much to say about this song.

Grinch

After the rehearsals, our predictions will be more realistic. Only 4 days left
woohoo.gif

Top Bottom