Contact us

ADAMSBURG 225 - I Wish You Were Mine....

Schlagerman1

Re: ADAMSBURG 80 years celebrazion!

Next group is going up now! :)

And we start in NSC 42! After a summer break I got to know this song and decided to send this great rock song! I had no expectations, just wanted to share with it with others. The song got through by reju and ended 25th with 87p! Still a song I listen to rock out to! ;)

"Pizza" Adiam Dymott

In NSC 57, I wanted to send a song that makes you happy and found this one and felt like "What a heck" and decided to give it a try. If I knew then my placement, possibly I wouldn't have sent it. :p A 54th place with 27 points is the worst placement ever (if we doesn't count the two times I forgot to vote in the semi). But it didn't deserve to go that bad...or was it? :p

"Curly Boys Law" Armand Mirpour

In NSC 75, I decided to send a song I really loved. I was PQ and as always I get in the mood to send a ballad, and these girls who were singing this song hadn't had their biggest breakthrough really until after this song. I really really love this song and was feeling okay when it ended 19th with 92p. This might be my favorite group at this very moment, love them and this song too! :)

"The Lion's Roar" First Aid Kit

The last one is a true classic from NSC 21. I had a feeling to send something in a different language than Swedish and English and found this song when looking for some finnish rock music. AND FELL IN LOOOVE immedietly. The violin, the finnish language, the dreamy feeling over the song, of course THE AMAZING CHORUS!! I knew that I had found the right song and I almost demanded it to myself to be top 5 with it. It ended 5th with 149p, very well deserved and I still have such big memories of NSC with this song. It means alot to me! :) PS. That I later on would have to be joint host with a guy whos country is in short called TAA I didn't know by then...but funny coincidence! ;)

"Vuorien Taa" Indica

Schlagerman1

Re: ADAMSBURG AE-NF! Qualification to final on skype (Thu 9/12 21:15)

I have read that the Absolutely Everybody will finally begin now when 100 editions has passed for this glorious contest that has brought me so many memories! That is why I am having a big NF, starting next week with 28 of the best songs from Adamsburg over the years! But I won't be chosing the songs myself, I feel I need a little help with that, since they are 81 in total!!

Tomorrow Thursday the 12th of September I am going to have a qualification, with 8 groups of 10/11 songs in each group.
Top 3 qualifies directly to the final, and also 4 of the 4th placers will pass. Of the ones that got 4th in the groups I choose the ones I want in the final! :)
So It would be great if it was possible that you were online tomorrow at 21:15 and helped me through these groups and also bring back som old NSC-memories with an old contestant. ;)

Here is some words of what we can expect in each group, you can start think on your own what songs comes in each word (the words are not in the final draw order) ;):

GROUP A:
Insane Promenades, Icelandic chant, Jokes, Groupsex, Fear, No lamps, Capital feelings, Funeral, Fake murder and Angela Merkel.

GROUP B:
Girl founds boy, Feelings of being lost, Scavenger, Burning inside, Modern sound, Cold flowers, Only for kids, Dancing cleaner, Lol and A pink love story

GROUP C:
Universe, Salutation, Space Soldier, Horny girls, Drugaddicts, Fly like a bird, Alanis Morisette, Porridge Party, Suddenly disappears and Mika the judge

GROUP D:
Suicide to concieve, Old blindness, Running by the water, Hope, Glad Country, Vampires, Lipstick, Loneliness, Broken to pieces and Conchita Wurst

GROUP E:
In your face, witches!, Savannah sounds, What I say to old slow people, Battle of love, Feeling need, Jealousy, Burning romans, Heavenly twitter, Pension and What a feeling!

GROUP F:
Crazy horse show, Giant steps, Cannibals, The Life, Bombs, Something that never breaks, Others, Violins from the mountains, Tokyo 2020 and No Gaga, No Amy, something else...

GROUP G:
Cubism, 60s, Telephone addiction, Tired of the north, Minutes, My Best Friends Birthday, Evader, Univited clown, Drink responsibly and Arctic foxes

GROUP H:
Hitchhiking, Margaritha, Madness, Rainbow protectors, T-Rex, Sun, Letting go on the dancefloor, Noah hears the goats, Gay flying machines, Mustaches and Intense love.

Hope you can show up, would make me very happy! :)

Schlagerman1

Re: ADAMSBURG AE-NF! Qualification to final on skype (Thu 9/12 21:15)

Don't forget, 21:15 tonight, Qualification to Adamsburg AE-NF final, live on skype! ;)

Schlagerman1

Re: ADAMSBURG AE-NF! Page 41! Ddl: 30th of September, 23:59 CET!

After a change of face, I decided to scrap the qualification and let others decide which songs that should compete in the big final! :D 28 people were asked which their favorite Adamsburgish entries was and it has lead to this big final in choosing the best song ever from Adamsburg, and the one that will participate in the glorious 100 anniversary show Absolutely Everybody! :D In the end we have 29 songs competing now, with a last wild card chosen to make this final even more edgy. ;) Here are all the songs you can vote for!

Might come a recap later this week, if everything goes as planned! ;)
Now you have the power in your hands, vote for you top 10 favorite songs in ESC-style (1-8, 10 and 12 points). You can vote for the one you have chosen yourself as well. Even those who haven't got the chance to choose are also of course welcomed to vote, the more voters, the more fair result it gets! :D Deadline is: 30th of September, 23:59 CET! So start voting now! :D

Schlagerman1

Got no voters yet, but hopefully gets some during the weekend! :)

Will try to make the recap tonight, hopefully it goes well :)

Schlagerman1

RECAP IS MADE! (it has some faults here and there, hopefully they will be fixed till sunday!) ;)

Schlagerman1

I have only got one set of votes :( I hope more will come during this weekend, since I am not sure if I can move the deadline that much further than it already is. :/ Vote now peeps!

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

I have only got one set of votes :( I hope more will come during this weekend, since I am not sure if I can move the deadline that much further than it already is. :/ Vote now peeps!

I'll send my votes either tonight or tomorrow!

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Didn't have time to vote but my favourites are Pieni ja Ihmeellinen, Pizza, Hope There's Someone, Brains Out, DJ Ease My Mind (not so much)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Welcome back! xcheer

Milos-BC

This is really awesome. Welcome back from Belvist xcheers :D Nice to see that some of us who used to be in the contest in the early days are now making a comeback :D

Top Bottom