2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentish

I can't believe people are discussing Vesna's qualification chances. This is one of the biggest favorites to win the whole contest, and for a reason. It has everything going for it. I have bet on Eurovision for many years and the only countries worth betting so far this year are Sweden and Czechia.

The analysts have one thing very wrong and that's the czechs being "friendless". They haven't received neighbourly love because everything they've sent has sucked. This is the first time they have a potential winner in their hands, and unless Poland sends an absolute banger, the czechs are going to sweep in the slavics, baltics and the balkans.

midnightsun

Veteran
True. They - as well as some other Middle European countries - have to work a little harder because of the missing "neighbour love" (means they won’t be given friendly points without sending a banger) BUT if they DO send a really good song they will succeed. Look at "Lie to me“ - awesome result because the song was fresh and contemporary. Vesna will do PRETTY well!

Slabsson79

Czech Republic has entered the contest late, very late. While Slovakia entered the very first moment it could (1993 - Kvalifikacija za Millstreet) - ok, their results are another story - Czechia seemingly ignored the contest for a reason nobody will probably figure out today. Thus Czechia entered an already polarised contest and had trouble making a profile and searching "allies". Sending three pointless songs 2007-2009 did not help either.

Placement chances: I don´t think Czechia will win this year and I do not even think they should - I think a political song´s victory would not be good for the contest and Czech TV organising the ESC would be even worse :D:eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

ArmpitOfEurope

Wont be my absolute favourite, but I really like the chorus.
It has potential, with great staging can do very well.
:8:

Slabsson79

He's my most listened to Czech artist of the last 4 years so I wouldn't mind :) but doubt he would ever do it + he would face the same fate as Benny Cristo probably
I was just kidding, but he probably would indeed share that fate. Yeah! :ROFLMAO:
Btw...mezi námi Czechs, i recently read the Vidbir 2023 wikipage and funny enough, they have there a list of Longlisted songs, which did not make it to the final selection lineup.

I really wonder, when Czech TV or our HoD talks about increased interest among musicians...which songs/artists have submitted their songs and what those songs were. But I guess we will never know. Read an interview on iDnes with Rodan and when he says that our HoD visits songwriting camps and told him personally, that his song was suited for Eurovision, then I am not really fond of it as it IMHO distorts the contest and implies, that ESCZ is premeditated.

Deleted member 12761

I've been listening to the SF playlists and the songs we have so far and I have to say that Czechia is probably my absolut favorite this year. To me this song just screams winner. It's such a moment everytime it comes on. I'm rooting for you guys and hope you get your first victory.

Slabsson79

I've been listening to the SF playlists and the songs we have so far and I have to say that Czechia is probably my absolut favorite this year. To me this song just screams winner. It's such a moment everytime it comes on. I'm rooting for you guys and hope you get your first victory.
Thanks. We Czechs remain ESC-modest and hope to surpass M.Josef´s TOP 6 by entering the TOP 5. :love:

dizzydjc

This is the song I keep going back to as overall winner. It will get a massive televote I think. Obviously, there are still a few songs out there we are yet to hear but so far this one stands out.

boyardor

In my vision I can see Vesna´s staging similar to Shum...

crashworld

Veteran
Not my kind of music, as authentic as it may feels/sounds/looks, the song does not appeal to me at all in any kind of sense regardless of the message. Giving it a :3:. Another entry that I won't reach out to listen.

grazy2266

I need a few listens I think. I may need to force myself to listen again at the moment just a 3 from me.

KazNew

I have to admit that I'm becoming one of the people who are getting concerned about qualification. If they were in Semi 2 there would be zero doubt in my mind, but Semi 1 is just so stacked.
Commentators in each country will likely mention the whole Slavic sisterhood meaning, and so I would expect them to receive the most points from countries who are Slavic and/or anti-Russian. There's 3 which come to mind for Semi 1 (Croatia, Latvia, Moldova), but 6 in Semi 2 (Estonia, Georgia, Romania, Lithuania, Poland, and Slovenia). I think I'll have to wait for rehearsals before I'm more certain.

boyardor

I have to admit that I'm becoming one of the people who are getting concerned about qualification. If they were in Semi 2 there would be zero doubt in my mind, but Semi 1 is just so stacked.
Commentators in each country will likely mention the whole Slavic sisterhood meaning, and so I would expect them to receive the most points from countries who are Slavic and/or anti-Russian. There's 3 which come to mind for Semi 1 (Croatia, Latvia, Moldova), but 6 in Semi 2 (Estonia, Georgia, Romania, Lithuania, Poland, and Slovenia). I think I'll have to wait for rehearsals before I'm more certain.
I'm not afraid of that. I think everyone except Azerbaijan will qualify from the second half of the first semi-final.

Qualifiers from the first semifinal I think (in random order):
Sweden
Czechia
Norway
Switzerland
Netherlands
Moldova
Israel
Finland
Serbia
Portugal

Thinking that the Czech Republic will not qualify in 2023 is similar to thinking that Ukraine will not qualify in 2021. It is nonsense. And fifth place in the odds only confirms it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom