2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket man

If Vesna does win, the Czech delegation will have to make it very clear what the "sisterhood" actually means.

MopManMoss

Veteran
True but I agree with @AlekS that Vesna should be careful about the symbols they employ and how they communicate their message. But I have faith in the delegation that they are aware of this and will try to avoid any possible Russian propaganda misinterpretations because it would cast a bad shadow on the Czech TV whose audience (as well as the current government) is heavily pro-Ukraine.
I don’t disagree regarding the song itself and it’s theoretical Eurovision presentation I’ve just seen a bit of this sentiment in the fandom that Russian nationals are beyond redemption even if they are very vocally anti war anti putin pro Ukraine

nofuxCZ

Both the Russian member of the band and her brother condemn Russia since day 1.
I haven't followed the girl from the band but I've actually known the guy - which Ukrainian social media falsely claims is in Russian army fighting Ukraine. The guy is also a musician and he played with many other Czech artists that I like. Even saw him live when he performed at charity concert for Ukrainian refugees in my hometown of Teplice last May.

The guy collects money for Ukraine, performing at charity concerts and gave many interviews to Czech media at the beginning of the war, condemning the invasion and even saying he, as a Russian, feels collective guilt for what Russia is doing to Ukrainians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs6d1266xB4
He also managed to put together other like minded Czech, Russian, Ukrainian and Belarussian musicians living in Czechia to record song in support of Ukraine when the war started, it went viral https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_NyK18E6hQ
I am not sure how else they should prove that they mean it genuinely but I have not seen anything that would make me think otherwise.

I understand it's a very sensitive topic and definitely don't want to tell Ukrainians how they should feel. Czech delegation and Vesna should carefully and dilligently explain what the song is about - which I expect they will do during the "media days" of each participant during the following week. In the end, changing the lyrics from Ukrainian to Czech might be the best solution...

Mainshow

Veteran
If Vesna does win, the Czech delegation will have to make it very clear what the "sisterhood" actually means.

The semantics of the world already tells everything: Females (if you want to refer to Slavic countries) experiencing kinship and closeness and love and strength for each other and they address "one of their sister´s" directly and someone wants to "take down/steal her crown".

It´s really obvious. I mean, they can highlight it again but I don´t think it´s necessary.

Koori

Both the Russian member of the band and her brother condemn Russia since day 1.
I haven't followed the girl from the band but I've actually known the guy - which Ukrainian social media falsely claims is in Russian army fighting Ukraine. The guy is also a musician and he played with many other Czech artists that I like. Even saw him live when he performed at charity concert for Ukrainian refugees in my hometown of Teplice last May.

The guy collects money for Ukraine, performing at charity concerts and gave many interviews to Czech media at the beginning of the war, condemning the invasion and even saying he, as a Russian, feels collective guilt for what Russia is doing to Ukrainians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs6d1266xB4
He also managed to put together other like minded Czech, Russian, Ukrainian and Belarussian musicians living in Czechia to record song in support of Ukraine when the war started, it went viral https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_NyK18E6hQ

Power of one bad photo and intentional denigration in the social media...Oh well

AlekS

Veteran
True but I agree with @AlekS that Vesna should be careful about the symbols they employ and how they communicate their message. But I have faith in the delegation that they are aware of this and will try to avoid any possible Russian propaganda misinterpretations because it would cast a bad shadow on the Czech TV whose audience (as well as the current government) is heavily pro-Ukraine.
Finally, someone who really understood what I was saying without labeling me as rusophobe xcheers

CPV4931

A NF in English, live on YT in good quality... Belgium and Albania, this is how you do it :-)

Etanna

I hope the interviews will be kept short, I'm interested in the performances now :cautious:

Mainshow

Veteran
Well it's Czech NF... so I think it should be in Czech

Are people in the Czech Republic watching the same stream? I think the interivews have been "previously" taped? Maybe the Czech audiences get interviews in Czech?

Mrm

Veteran
Great we will see lives now! :)

Maella looks like Daniela from Slovenia a bit... 🙊

Mainshow

Veteran
I hope the interviews will be kept short, I'm interested in the performances now :cautious:

Maybe Vesna can already make their strong message perfectly clear to the ESC audience. I´m curious about their interview.

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow - she´s really nailing it? I love her voice and the song is really modern/great as well? I like it.

Top Bottom