16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
The accent is a huge turn off. Other than that there's nothing Ukrainian in it, thankfully. I don't want us to be associated with this atrocity.
Russian member performing a song about sisterhood xfacepalm
:0: points.

Russian member, who is actively against the Russian regime and the horrible war against Ukraine - why would anyone have a problem with her?
People won't know if she's against or she simply pretends (like most of them) when she's on stage. They can be holier than Mother Theresa. It's the context :sick:, a Russian performing a song about sisterhood and xhug Watch Russian propaganda screaming on every corner that they will be represented on Eurovision despite cruel Europe prohibiting them. Gawd forbids them to win (Russian media: "We conquered Europe" "We won!").
I have no doubts that they will win the selection, so I'm wondering if she will change her colors and start talking about "peace" bs in Liverpool.
Speaking of. Considering that Czech & Russian flags have the same colors, the staging can be misleading too, just like the video - I get more Russia than panslavism. Colors, clothes, make-up etc. On the other hand, their clownery... maybe it's a good idea after all, lmao.

ps. I don't want them to get canceled :) I want to see how many people will fall for that.
ps 2. If they were Ukrainians they would have drowned in Twitter's eurotrash (who called putin, wished us to die and get erased off the face of earth) crap already.

Last edited:

Realest

Vesna - My sister's crown 8.6/10
Maella - Flood 4.1/10
Pam Rabbit - ghosting 2.7/10
RODAN - Introvert Party Club 2.5/10
Markéta Irglová - Happy 1.3/10

Slabsson79

The accent is a huge turn off. Other than that there's nothing Ukrainian in it, thankfully. I don't want us to be associated with this atrocity.
Russian member singing about sisterhood xfacepalm

People won't know if she's against or she simply pretends (like most of them) when she's on stage.
They can be holier than Mother Theresa. It's the context :sick:, a Russian singing about sisterhood and xhug Watch Russian propaganda screaming on every corner that they will be represented on Eurovision despite cruel Europe prohibiting them. Gawd forbids them to win (Russian media: "We conquered Europe" "We won!").
I have no doubts that they will win the selection, so I'm wondering if she will change her colors and start talking about "peace" bs in Liverpool.
Considering that Czech & Russian flags have the same colors, the staging can be misleading too, just like the video - I get more Russia than panslavism. Colors, clothes, make-up etc.

I am pretty sure NO Czech flags will be included in the staging and thus mistaken for a Russian flag.
Everyone with a brain knows that the Czech Republic is supporting Ukraine the best it can and is definitely not pro-Russian, atleast not the official policy. I can understand your sentiments as RuZZia is destroying your home country, but your arguments seem a bit emotionally twisted to me.

AlekS

Veteran
I guess it's ok for people to cancel others just because they weren't lucky to be born outside of terrorRussia xstarsI saw Olesya's FB profile and she doesn't support all this crap as well. Waiting for the cancel hammer to reach me at some point as I was not lucky to be born there too xqueenbitch
I was born in Soviet Union xshrug Yep, I would canceled he brother for wearing that shit (unless it was for Halloween or something like that). Couldn't care less if I'm labeled as a cancel hammer, I'm not going to support any "peace" narratives, anything :ua: xheart :ru: (covered/masked in slavic clothes) under current circumstances. I don't feel their message at all.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Russian member singing about sisterhood xfacepalm

People won't know if she's against or she simply pretends (like most of them) when she's on stage. They can be holier than Mother Theresa. It's the context :sick:, a Russian singing about sisterhood and xhug Watch Russian propaganda screaming on every corner that they will be represented on Eurovision despite cruel Europe prohibiting them. Gawd forbids them to win (Russian media: "We conquered Europe" "We won!").
Speaking of. Considering that Czech & Russian flags have the same colors, the staging can be misleading too, just like the video - I get more Russia than panslavism. Colors, clothes, make-up etc. On the other hand, their clownery... maybe it's a good idea after all, lmao.

ps. I don't want them to get canceled :) I want to see how many people will fall for that.
ps 2. If they were Ukrainians they would have drowned in Twitter's eurotrash (who called putin, wished us to die and get erased off the face of earth) crap already.

I often agree with you about things, but there ARE actually Russians out there who are genuinely against the war, of course there is always a risk about hypocrisy and propaganda, but to claim that it's automatically so due to a person originally being from russia or with russian roots is a bit far stretched...

Also white-red-blue is the most common flag combo in the world xshrug

Slabsson79

I was born in Soviet Union xshrug Yep, I would canceled her husband for wearing that shit (unless it was for Halloween or something like that). Couldn't care less if I'm labeled as a cancel hammer, I'm not going to support any "peace" narratives, anything :ua: xheart :ru: (covered/masked in slavic clothes) under current circumstances. I don't feel their message at all.
I have a slight feeling you did not really get the message of the song. Ok, allegories can be misinterpretated, but the song is really NOT about brotherhood and peace between Russia and Ukraine.
Btw, there are Russians against Putin and the war. And there are collaborating and treacherous Ukrainians. It is not about nationality only. It is about morals.

AlekS

Veteran
I often agree with you about things, but there ARE actually Russians out there who are genuinely against the war, of course there is always a risk about hypocrisy and propaganda, but to claim that it's automatically so due to a person originally being from russia or with russian roots is a bit far stretched...

Also white-red-blue is the most common flag combo in the world xshrug
I know about that :rolleyes: Russain member performing in red, white and blue will have absolutely different context here xshrug

Never claimed that all Russians are the same so blame someone else. But she doesn't seem sincere to me, nor the band's message.

A-lister

Veteran
I know about that :rolleyes: Russain member performing in red, white and blue will have absolutely different context here xshrug
I dunno anything really about this member's background, she just recently moved to Czechia? Did she grow up there? Is she born there but parents from russia?

Still it's the colors of the Czech flag, and the most common combo of colors in flags in general, let's not give russia credit here.
Never claimed that all Russians are the same so blame someone else. But she doesn't seem sincere to me, nor the band's message.
From my understanding it's more about Slavic "sisterhood" and not really some sort of peace between russia and Ukraine...

Koori

I was born in Soviet Union xshrug Yep, I would canceled her husband for wearing that shit (unless it was for Halloween or something like that). Couldn't care less if I'm labeled as a cancel hammer, I'm not going to support any "peace" narratives, anything :ua: xheart :ru: (covered/masked in slavic clothes) under current circumstances. I don't feel their message at all.
Do we have any proofs that it was something serious considering photo is from 2020? Why is person being cancelled for her relative, not even her own actions \ words? Does she sing alone under russian flag, or is she part of CZECH band and represents CZECH Republic?
I have nothing against you all being mad considering what's going on, but you are very quick to judge and ironically it looks the same as russian narrative they are propagandizing
If they win, maybe they will consider changing Ukrainian part to Czech, for example. No good deed goes unpunished afterl all :)

Mainshow

Veteran
Even before the war, Bulgarian, Russian, Slovak and Czech female singers come together to sing together as a band - how can their message not be "authentic" - they could be singing about cheese - they still would implicitly convey the message of "Slavic sisterhood" because many different Slavic ethnicities and nationalities form that band.

I don´t want to say how anyone has to feel about this entry but I strongly and wholeheartedly believe that the core message of the song is authentic and genuine.
Even last year - before Eurovision 2021 took place and "Lights Off" was the entry for :cz: - that Russian member of the band has been very vocal about the imperial war - calling the RuZZian regime "assholes", sharing videos of the destruction caused by RuZZian fascists - she even refrains from flying any RuZZian colours and opt for the "white-blue-white" flag instead - posted Ukrainian flags a year ago...

I can somehow understand that the sheer existence of a Russian woman in this band can cause some unrest regarding your feelings but she´s not a villain here. It´s the other way round: She´s making her known stance on this war even clearer.

Let us not forget that BelaruZ and RuZZia have already banned this song in their countries. I don´t think that people will start to believe that "RuZZia took over Eurovision" - their regime attempts to shield this song away from Russians and RuZZians because they are afraid of Vesna´s message being heard across RuZZia.

The song is not about Ukraine & RuZZia and it´s not even about peace.
It´s about self-determination, independence and (female) empowerment - backed up by "(Slavic) sisters" - one of them happens to be Russian, others happen to be Czech, Bulgarian and Slovak.... and that´s just the artists... the lyrical I can speak of any Slavic people and that´s why this song has such mass appeal and cannot be misunderstood.

Don´t give 2 cents about what Kremlin and all the fascists in RuZZia think... if Norway sends the drag act, they will probably say we´re all creatures of the devil and someone needs to "sanctify" us and that´s why they had to invade Ukraine to save you from "us"....

Please, don´t twist Vesna´s strong, genuine and powerful message around - I really believe that people across Europe will get the message immediately (and that´s why the RuZZian regime blocked the song a few minutes after its release).

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
I have a slight feeling you did not really get the message of the song. Ok, allegories can be misinterpretated, but the song is really NOT about brotherhood and peace between Russia and Ukraine.
Btw, there are Russians against Putin and the war. And there are collaborating and treacherous Ukrainians. It is not about nationality only. It is about morals.
I got the message of the song and even more. I don't mean just song. It's how they look, what they represent, how they've acted before the contest and who they are. Her nationality will be used (and it's already being used) against her. Maybe they have good intentions, but the media (especially Russian ones) will pervert it to the core and use it against my country. It is about morals, but I've also seen numerous Russians and Ukrainian collaborator artists changing their colors... saying one thing in Europe for obvious reasons and then saying totally different things when they talk to another audience.
I'm not gonna blame them though, because I would like to see how they act further.
Currently, the whole package doesn't work for me at all.
They also look like one Ukrainian band, probably the only thing that warms me up a lil' bit.

Mainshow

Veteran
Olesya Ochepovskaya has been part of VESNA since 2018.

But honestly, why do you care about what RuZZia will think about Eurovision and how they will use it against Ukraine?
They will hate on Eurovision no matter what - especially since the slogan is "united by music" and we somehow cancelled BelaruZ and RuZZia for them perverting Eurovision and using it as a platform to share their propaganda.

Because of all the acts of genocide and the imperial war, RuZZia has not place in Eurovision (or Europe) for years to come.
Medvedev just said that Europe will be in ruins earlier today (or was it yesterday.. I´m losing track on how often they threaten us to nuke away).

I see the song more of some sort of "tribute" - whilst the core message is still very universal.
And they chose English as the lingua franca to bring all Slavic "sisters" together - not Russian - which also stands for a new understanding of the Slavic world - my mother (from Poland) was forced to learn Russian... my cousins in Kraków all speak English now (not Russian) that´s the language we can all comunicate in.

The song is a "tribute" - a hommage - also as it can be heard in the last few lines "We stand for you" "in our hearts we are with you".
Of course, they mean Ukraine and it will be universally understood amongst all Europeans alike - again, IF Kremlin twists it around (and that´s not really possible because the message is clear and that´s why they blocked and banned the whole song), we can´t do anything about it.. but they twist words around 24/7.

Etanna

@Koori and others who are in Czechia now - link to the stream on iVysílání https://www.ceskatelevize.cz/zive/ct28/
the youtube live stream seems to be working for me as well, though? Will they really disable it for us again? I hope not because iVysílání sometimes doesn't work that well, especially at these evening times when the site gets overloaded

FabiESC

01 Maella – Flood 10/10
02 Vesna – My Sister’s Crown 8/10
03 Pam Rabbit – ghosting 8/10
04 RODAN – Introvert Party Club 6/10
05 Markéta Irglová – H A P P Y 4/10

Good selection of songs, my fave is Maella, i love this song. Vesna and Pam have also very good songs. Good job.

MopManMoss

Veteran
The idea that someone is irredeemable and inherently evil or pretending to be something other than they are just because of their ethnicity really goes against the spirit of Eurovision honestly, the Russian state and its soldiers have a lot to answer for and have caused unimaginable pain and anguish for the people of Ukraine and I get that the very Ukrainian way of life and existence is at stake but to treat everyone born Russian the same as the invaders, war criminals and propagandists is a very dangerous way of thinking

Etanna

The idea that someone is irredeemable and inherently evil or pretending to be something other than they are just because of their ethnicity really goes against the spirit of Eurovision honestly, the Russian state and its soldiers have a lot to answer for and have caused unimaginable pain and anguish for the people of Ukraine and I get that the very Ukrainian way of life and existence is at stake but to treat everyone born Russian the same as the invaders, war criminals and propagandists is a very dangerous way of thinking
True but I agree with @AlekS that Vesna should be careful about the symbols they employ and how they communicate their message. But I have faith in the delegation that they are aware of this and will try to avoid any possible Russian propaganda misinterpretations because it would cast a bad shadow on the Czech TV whose audience (as well as the current government) is heavily pro-Ukraine.

Top Bottom