2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nofuxCZ

I also already saw some attempts to "cancel" them on Twitter.
The "problem" was not only that there is a Russian member singing in Ukrainian, but also the message of "slavic sisterhood".

I am Czech so I am also wary of someone claiming "slavic brotherhood". As you know, there are 4 Slavic nationalities in the band and another one was part of recording the song. I think it is perfectly fine in their case to claim "slavic sisterhood" especially in the context of the message they are conveying

Russian member, who is actively against the Russian regime and the horrible war against Ukraine - why would anyone have a problem with her? Her singing in Ukrainian is even more powerful and is just another way how to show support, when some Russian officials try to claim Ukrainian nation or the language don't even exist.

Koori

Russian member, who is actively against the Russian regime and the horrible war against Ukraine - why would anyone have a problem with her? Her singing in Ukrainian is even more powerful and is just another way how to show support, when some Russian officials try to claim Ukrainian nation or the language don't even exist.

I think the main reason is that someone intentionally spread an info that her husband \ brother is part of the Russian military at the moment and attached photo from 2020. While his Insta profile clearly states that he doesn't support it. So not sure what's the point of it all.

simori95

Guess I am late to the party, but hopefully only fashionably so.

People are onto something here with My SIster's Crown. .... Or not. The song is undoubtably great, and yes it has "the vibes" that are usually attributed to possibly winning Eurovision. And as a studio track I would agree that it very well might be our first czech winner in the history of the contest. However, this has a lot of messiness-potential for the staging. I would be a bit cautious until we see the rehearsals, but in the meantime I will hope that this masterpiece (watch and learn, Atle Petterson) will get the mesmerizing staging it deserves.

nofuxCZ

Btw, quick question to local guys - since youtube translation is banned for us, will it just be available there - https://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilani/?

Or some additional steps are needed since I don't own a TV with Czech channels? xstars

Will it be really blocked on Youtube? I can still access the video on YT where it should be streamed.
If yes, then it will be available somewhere on iVysílání, not sure about exact link yet. No additional steps needed.

Koori

Will it be really blocked on Youtube? I can still access the video on YT where it should be streamed.
If yes, then it will be available somewhere on iVysílání, not sure about exact link yet. No additional steps needed.
Seems to be the same situation as with last year's Eurovision stream and I do not understand what's the point of it. To make us use iVysílání? :mrgreen: I'd better buy VPN for one month and still use Youtube.

They have this under video description:

Watch ESCZ 2023 live on the official Eurovision YouTube channel or via broadcaster ČT’s streaming platform iVysílání if you’re in the Czech Republic.

DirtyFalcon

Do we really have to wait 1 week for the results or it's only a mistake made by Eurovision world and we have the results right after the NF ?

DirtyFalcon

Do we really have to wait 1 week for the results or it's only a mistake made by Eurovision world website and we have the results right after the NF ?

jatojo

My Sister's Crown is like a combination of Ukraine 2021 and Russia 2021. Not exactly my taste. Maybe I'll appreciate it a little more after more listens.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Well, get me on the hype train : My Sister's Crown is a really really good tune and would be a marvelous choice for CZ. And as someone wrote higher, this is really great to see an unexpected country bringing a song of this league.
But i would temper these early "winner vibes" going on and on. We still have to wait for the live version because this kind of track could look really messy played live. But if they sell it well, Czechia will be, for sure, one heavyweight song of this whole season.
Because, man, what a powerful chorus.

Etanna

I also already saw some attempts to "cancel" them on Twitter.
The "problem" was not only that there is a Russian member singing in Ukrainian, but also the message of "slavic sisterhood".

I am Czech so I am also wary of someone claiming "slavic brotherhood". As you know, there are 4 Slavic nationalities in the band and another one was part of recording the song. I think it is perfectly fine in their case to claim "slavic sisterhood" especially in the context of the message they are conveying

I am equally wary of the panslavic sentiments but I feel like the phrase "Slavic sisterhood" doesn't really connote them as much as "Slavic brotherhood" does, so it doesn't really bother me in this case
Otherwise, as most here I am hoping for Vesna to be good live xpray

As to Rodan, I love the lyrics, his voice and the video clip (the random dancing lady at 1:37 is a really funny moment) but unfortunately, the song as a whole doesn't really click with me

Ghosting by Pam Rabbit sounds good to me and I have high hopes for her making it even better in the live performance, she has great energy so I think I'll like it a lot

Slabsson79

So, popcorn out...i am really curious how they have made the show.
We will see, if the live version of VESNA will uphold the expectations the girls have awaken within us.
But I am looking for the others too...I am sure they will be very good. But if all will be perfect/good live, i do not really see much chances for a different outcome than VESNA booking their tickets to Liverpool.

Top Bottom