16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
If this gets disqualified I'd expect :cz: will be gone from Eurovision. EBU need to be smart here. All the good will towards Ukraine at Eurovision will be gone with many people too I'd assume. Suspline can take a hike if you ask me. They don't run Eurovision

I really doubt they will DQ Czech Republic.

A-lister

Veteran
I‘m so sorry to not to have done what you want. You‘re completeley right. Nobody has ever judged a song by any presentation other than the final one. That‘s why the forum is practically dead during the preparty season. (Or did I miss something and the performances actually ARE the same as on the big stage?)
But I will read the groundbreaking book „A-listers Book of Rules to judge a song correctly - how to always be right“ once it will be published and in the meantime I‘m willing to send you all my future postings beforehand to let them be vetted. I surely don‘t want to risk to make this terrible terrible error again to have an heretic opinion on a song. Based on a performance!! Oh my god! How could I do this? Why didn‘t I wait till may to say anything about it at all? Why didn’t I ask you what opinion I should have on a song since you know so very well why you can judge some songs on their live performance and why you cannot do it with others? Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa! :mrgreen:

xshrug

Comments like these are not even worth any response, you completely understood what I meant but sure go on with the stupid sarcasm.

Of course you can comment whatever you want, never said you couldn't. That was just juvenile and unnecessary. xwave

A-lister

Veteran
If EBU doesn't allow this song because "it can be interpreted as political", I will riot.

There's not a single direct reference to the "current situation".
France 2015, Armenia 2015 were way worse (regarding making references to political statements).

I hope that no double standards will be applied and that they are just checking the entry because it's "necessary to do so to shut down annoying people un advance" or dunno, something else is off... does the Russian member of the group only have a Russian passport? Maybe they have to sort thins out regarding visas?

The song itself is non-political. Should we ban all songs about freedom, sisterhood, unity and togetherness now and just settle down for songs about love and dancing?

This!

EBU has allowed explicit political statement entries in the past (like Portuguese communist propaganda for instance), so to even consider banning an entry because someone might interpret it in a certain way, then we can cancel the whole contest because everybody could always interpret something in some ways. That's just insanity tbh, so all songs need to be about dancing, love and finding "inner strength" from now on? xshrug

EBU is dumb but it can't be this dumb?

Who is even behind this clearly orchestrated mission to tear down this entry? Smells ruZZian trollery long way.

I don't see much difference in context than Russian Woman, which I really liked but let's be honest was put there (as most ruZZian entries) to whitewash their image for Europe.

Last edited:

DanielLuis

Since I suppose you refer to me: I judge what I see and hear, not what could perhaps be. But I‘m open to be convinced from the opposite.
No, it wasn't aimed at you directly, there were multiple comments talking about how the staging didn't live up to the potential of the song

Sammy

Veteran
xshrug

Comments like these are not even worth any response, you completely understood what I meant but sure go on with the stupid sarcasm.

Of course you can comment whatever you want, never said you couldn't. That was just juvenile and unnecessary. xwave
then don‘t.
But thank‘s for the „juvenile“ xlove

Sammy

Veteran
Well true, but when someone purposely misunderstands and twist it around.. oh well

You're very welcome
you know - it‘s very common to say someone „purposely misunderstands one“ or „twists it around“ when one runs out of arguments, so I don‘t blame you. But you could now and then also say „you took my words out of context“ or „you misinterpreted me“… just for a change.
:mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran
you know - it‘s very common to say someone „purposely misunderstands one“ or „twists it around“ when one runs out of arguments, so I don‘t blame you. But you could now and then also say „you took my words out of context“ or „you misinterpreted me“… just for a change.
:mrgreen:

You can't argue with someone who does purposely misunderstand you, you made that clear with your response xshrug

Also, for your info, alot of people here said the same thing as I did. Not sure how you could turn it into "I am not allowed to have my opinion" but hey whatever floats your boat xshrug

Iker

Veteran
You can't argue with someone who does purposely misunderstand you, you made that clear with your response xshrug

Also, for your info, alot of people here said the same thing as I did. Not sure how you could turn it into "I am not allowed to have my opinion" but hey whatever floats your boat xshrug

There's no point in arguing with some.

Iker

Veteran
This!

EBU has allowed explicit political statement entries in the past (like Portuguese communist propaganda for instance), so to even consider banning an entry because someone might interpret it in a certain way, then we can cancel the whole contest because everybody could always interpret something in some ways. That's just insanity tbh, so all songs need to be about dancing, love and finding "inner strength" from now on? xshrug

EBU is dumb but it can't be this dumb?

Who is even behind this clearly orchestrated mission to tear down this entry? Smells ruZZian trollery long way.

I don't see much difference in context than Russian Woman, which I really liked but let's be honest was put there (as most ruZZian entries) to whitewash their image for Europe.
I would not put Russian Woman in the same category as some of these peculiar Russian entries.

Where exactly was whitewashing here? Also the song itself came from an independent singer-songwriter.

Manizha received a lot of hate from her own countrymen.

That entry was not an extremely dishonest "peace or unity" song like What If or Million Voices.

A-lister

Veteran
I would not put Russian Woman in the same category as some of these peculiar Russian entries.

Where exactly was whitewashing here? Also the song itself came from an independent singer-songwriter.

That entry was not an extremely dishonest "peace or unity" song like What If or Million Voices.

I agree it wasn't a faux "peace/unity" song sung by an open naZi singer like Polina, and while I believe Manizha's intentions are good and she is of course 100x more of an artist than those voices/faces that just sung some Kirkorov/Kontopoulos horror team stuff, the entry was still chosen by the naZi ruZZian propaganda broadcaster and while it wasn't maybe Manizha's intentions, surely the broadcaster still saw an opportunity here to whitewash and thus she was used as an indirect puppet. I mean we should all know by now that nothing sincere is coming out of official ruZZia, it's just cynicism and propaganda.

Iker

Veteran
I agree it wasn't a faux "peace/unity" song sung by an open naZi singer like Polina, and while I believe Manizha's intentions are good and she is of course 100x more of an artist than those voices/faces that just sung some Kirkorov/Kontopoulos horror team stuff, the entry was still chosen by the naZi ruZZian propaganda broadcaster and while it wasn't maybe Manizha's intentions, surely the broadcaster still saw an opportunity here to whitewash and thus she was used as an indirect puppet. I mean we should all know by now that nothing sincere is coming out of official ruZZia, it's just cynicism and propaganda.

Ok.

For reasons that do not require further explanation Russia should be banned from Olympic Games.

Even if certain stuff in theory does not have that intrinsic propaganda meaning it can always be used this way or the artists themselves can readily engage in that.

A-lister

Veteran
Ok.

For reasons that do not require further explanation Russia should be banned from Olympic Games.

Even if certain stuff in theory does not have that intrinsic propaganda meaning it can always be used this way or the artists themselves can readily engage in that.

This!

Not to go too much off-topic though, but we all know why the Olympics want to re-open for them ($$$), it's one of the most corrupt organiZations in the world after all.

EBU was also initially reluctant to ban as well remember? But the backlash from a more united Europe would harm them...

As for some of those sportsmen/women, many are open supporters of ruZZia's war, just like plenty of ruZZia's entrants to Eurovision are, so in many cases it's not just indirect propaganda.

Elina UA

Uhh, this entry is so bad.
They are literally showing their support in the worst possible way: with a song that is very well aligned with ruzzian propaganda.
Which shows that they did like 0 research before doing this. Zero. Null. Sooo sloppy.
Calm down, people. This won't go anywhere. The hate is just starting. The main people that usually break down ruzzian propaganda in Ukraine have not yet commented on this matter. And their audience is huge. EBU, UA: PBC, ČT are going to be called out for this crap. Goodnight.

Sammy

Veteran

a lot of people… argumentum ad populum.

i cannot argue with people whose „arguments consist only in logical fallacies. so… I‘m done here for good. dont bother to take this further, I wont read any answer of yours on that matter.

A-lister

Veteran
They are literally showing their support in the worst possible way: with a song that is very well aligned with ruzzian propaganda.
Which shows that they did like 0 research before doing this. Zero. Null. Sooo sloppy.
Calm down, people. This won't go anywhere. The hate is just starting. The main people that usually break down ruzzian propaganda in Ukraine have not yet commented on this matter. And their audience is huge. EBU, UA: PBC, ČT are going to be called out for this crap. Goodnight.

How is it aligned with ruZZian propaganda? I am not sure you read my post previously but we should not give ruZZia ownership here, if we do that then we basically accept ruZZian propaganda and take it at face value, unfortunately I see that people push that narrative here.

For centuries ruZZia has been hijacking and appropriating other nations' and cultures' symbols to use in their own twisted and sick imperialist goals, heck the ruZZian nation and culture as we know it is just one huge blend and appropriation of nations occupied or formerly occupied by ruZZia.

Whether it's about Pan-Slavism (Slavic sisterhood/brotherhood), the Cyrillic alphabet, Christian Orthodoxy, Slavic languages or whatever it may be, ruZZia has been trying to claim all these as their own and ultimately using it in their propaganda to dominate over other countries. None of these stems from ruZZia, and we should not allow ruZZia to hijack the common denominators of what makes up being "Slavic", or Eastern European for that matter. I can understand that some can react negatively to concepts of "Pan-Slavism" (Slavic Sisterhood/Brotherhood) for instance as it has been used (and still being used) by ruZZia with the absolute worst and most cynical intentions, but let's not give them that pleasure or credit!

#SlavsUnitedAgainstruZZia

Last edited:

Slabsson79

:mad:
:mad::mad:
Yeah, go ahead. These Ukrainian "main people that usually break down ruzzian propaganda" will do Ukraine a lot of "favour" by spreading hate against a Czech entry, which no sane person can really see as RuZZian propaganda.

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Well, that is a lot of harsh words. I am not sure you have done your full research, although I understand it as a first immediate reaction, and I accept that it's possible that such is the immediate reaction of many Ukrainians. So I hope the influential people you quote can make deeper research indeed and target the hate in the right direction, which is none of the institutions you mention.

We have discussed the topic of Russian propaganda alignment quite extensively here. Of course, Russian propaganda can misinterpret absolutely everything and just be happy about everyone else quarreling, but the essence of this song is the direct antithesis to what Russia is trying to achieve (abusing panslavism to put us all under their Russian umbrella), showing us Slavic people standing up against Russia as the oppressor. Which is a very necessary message these days.

Top Bottom