You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Slabsson79

It would be HIGH TIME czechia consider her tbh
I am not sure, if she will submit a song in 2022, as she said in 2020, following Cristo´s victory, that she will take a break from ESCZ. And tbh, she is undoubtedly an superb singer, but I guess more of a ESC-bubble-star, I doubt, she would have the same appeal to the wide audience with the songs, which are typical for her...but she and Pam Rabbit would definitely deserve a shot in the ESC...

Slabsson79

I love Babora but this year Im going to Pam Rabbit as wishlist artist
The current ESCZ online concept decreases her chances...It is generally a challenge how to mitigate the impact of a huge fanbase on the televote and still make it fair and "open"...Czech Rep needs good contestants with superb songs, not "stars" with a problematic approach...ESC 2021 should be a warning example.

Last edited:

CPV4931

I also hope ''We all Poop'' will also get a chance to represent Czechia they were robbed in the 2020 NF and so should have won.
Indeed,still listening to their NF entry a lot

Slabsson79

I also hope ''We all Poop'' will also get a chance to represent Czechia they were robbed in the 2020 NF and so should have won.
I am not even sure, if they still exist and have some new material. And tbh, the were not robbed, they came together short before ESCZ, they did undoubtedly have an impressive clip, but I am sure, their live performance would be en par with the rather mediocre performance of Mr. Cristovao. Their unplugged version of All good things gives strong hints to such an assumption...
And had they won ESC 2020, I wonder with what they would have comer for ESC 2021...they strongly relied on the vegan message and the video...would be quite hard to stage and what would have been their 2021 contribution? All soy beans? Sorry, as much as I get them having fans in the ESC-bubble, Czech Rep needs different contestants in order to return to the path of success...

I bims

Veteran
I am not even sure, if they still exist and have some new material. And tbh, the were not robbed, they came together short before ESCZ, they did undoubtedly have an impressive clip, but I am sure, their live performance would be en par with the rather mediocre performance of Mr. Cristovao. Their unplugged version of All good things gives strong hints to such an assumption...
And had they won ESC 2020, I wonder with what they would have comer for ESC 2021...they strongly relied on the vegan message and the video...would be quite hard to stage and what would have been their 2021 contribution? All soy beans? Sorry, as much as I get them having fans in the ESC-bubble, Czech Rep needs different contestants in order to return to the path of success...
Nah, if they still make music, they deserve to be in another selection at least.
They have all the ingredients that made people fall in love with Maneskin and Blind Channel without appearing like a copy if they would represent Czech Republic in 2022. And before we hear their new effort for the contest we can't judge them.

Slabsson79

Nah, if they still make music, they deserve to be in another selection at least.
They have all the ingredients that made people fall in love with Maneskin and Blind Channel without appearing like a copy if they would represent Czech Republic in 2022. And before we hear their new effort for the contest we can't judge them.
Of course, they can submit a new entry for 2022 and if it is "good material", they should enter the National Final as contestants again. I am simply pointing out the less favorable parts of their 2020 entry and the issues, which might have occured in 2021, if they had been chosen in 2020. And Czechia has IMHO much suitable and stylistically established rock bands, which would be competitive contenders for Grand Final Q. And last but not least, I aint´t sure if sending the same style, that had one the previous year is the best recipe for Eurovision...

nofuxCZ

Submissions for ESCZ 2022 starting! Deadline is the end of September.

We kindly ask all those interested in participating in the national round of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 to prepare their songs for submission during September 2021. The songs can be in the form of a demo, a master is not necessary at this stage. The deadline for submitting songs will be 30 September 2021 and the form of submission will be specified no later than 17 September 2021 on the website www.ceskatelevize.cz/eurovize.
- it is allowed to submit more than one song by the same artist
- Submitted compositions MUST NOT BE PUBLISHED OR PUBLICLY PRESENTED IN ANY FORM BEFORE 1.9.2021. If a submitted composition has been published or publicly presented before 1.9.2021, it will be disqualified.
- The lead singer, i.e. the main vocalist of the recording, must hold Czech citizenship (in the case of a duet, at least one of the lead vocalists must meet this condition).
Note: CT reserves the right to cancel the competition if the Czech Republic does not participate in ESC 2022.

The last bolded part :/ hopefully it doesn't mean our participation is not certain

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Well, if Czech TV really felt the urge of writing that note, then it's pretty sure that they won't participate in ESC next year. And that's how a country is unsuccessful in ESC, when even the participation is always put at risk.

HayashiM

Veteran

The last bolded part :/ hopefully it doesn't mean our participation is not certain
xheart :) :eek: :(

The intent to participate is there, at least for now, that's better than nothing :)

We have an upcoming election, with all of its implications, so let's hope they just put this there because "nothing is certain now" and not because there's some immediate ongoing discussion about withdrawing...

Last edited:

nofuxCZ

Well, if Czech TV really felt the urge of writing that note, then it's pretty sure that they won't participate in ESC next year. And that's how a country is unsuccessful in ESC, when even the participation is always put at risk.
Sorry, but that's not really up to Czech ESC team or Czech TV. I am pretty sure the current Czech TV leadership would love to participate but there are just so many variables that are out of their control and these could influence our participation. You can read what is going on towards the end of the Czech ESC 2021 thread on this forum.

Last edited:

John1

lmao why wouldn't they participate? if they pull off a hungary 2020, solely because they didn't qualify once in 3 years, then fair enough. 🤷

njdevils94

Veteran
lmao why wouldn't they participate? if they pull off a hungary 2020, solely because they didn't qualify once in 3 years, then fair enough. 🤷
I think this has been coming for 2 years now. The interest as high as over countries. The example for me would be that NF that was supposed to be broadcasted live in 2019 but tv pulled out. It probably doesn't help one of their sister countries Hungary (likely to give them points in the tele-vote) is out for the forseeable future and of couse Slovakia too.

nofuxCZ

I'll just repeat what I said in last year's thread

If we withdraw then not because of this year's result. Do you really think that one flop after two successful entries would make us leave? C'mon guys.

In short - I think this clause is added by all broadcasters, the reason why they publicly said it this time is because there indeed is some uncertainty. There are several political groups and their buddies who hate Czech TV and try to seize the control of it, as it's one of the main still independent medias here and they don't like that of course.
They've been trying to get rid of ČT's director, who was one of the main reasons we returned to ESC, they've been trying to cut ČT's budget and make approval of the budget pretty difficult - ESC would certainly be one of the first things they would get rid of.
We have general elections in October and much will be clearer later I guess.

John1

I think this has been coming for 2 years now. The interest as high as over countries. The example for me would be that NF that was supposed to be broadcasted live in 2019 but tv pulled out. It probably doesn't help one of their sister countries Hungary (likely to give them points in the tele-vote) is out for the forseeable future and of couse Slovakia too.
It's not that much of a burden when you send a good entry if your neighbors pulled out a long time ago from the contest

Top Bottom