Where are you now when I miss you?
You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Slabsson79

The quotas will never be high, unless Czech TV starts taking the thing a little bit seriously. Moving it to a secondary channel, making no promotion for the National Final etc..geoblocking the YT-Stream for feeble evaulation reasons and so on.
It is sad that while we seem to be improving in terms of the songs, the communication within Czechia still remains disastrous. And of course, this year´s dramas will not help really...

Deleted member 12761

I've heard that there were multiple other big events in Czech Rep. on that day and this might also explain the low ratings. It's not really that surprising tho considering that Czech Rep. has only done well in recent years. Czech Rep. has shown that they have potential. There was a time where they couldn't even qualify. These days they're doing much better and I'm always happy when they qualify. I hope their broadcaster steps their game up. I want Czech Rep. or Poland to win the Contest in this decade.

AlekS

Veteran
YNTsTso.jpg

Youtube Top Songs weekly chart*

Lights Off charted in 9 countries:​

:cz: - #2 - 301k
:ie: - #6 - 4k
:ee: - #14 - 14k
:fi: - #21 - 37k
:no: - #25 - 21k
:se: - #36 - 41k
:nl: - #69 - 54k
:dk: - #80 - 12k
:ie: - #83 - 16k

yo64aWA.jpg
Grand final** - #24 - 310k

* - including grand final & 2nd semi.
** - the grand final live performance on the official Eurovision channel.
# - chart position of the song in that country.
k - thousand of views.

nofuxCZ

I've heard that there were multiple other big events in Czech Rep. on that day and this might also explain the low ratings. It's not really that surprising tho considering that Czech Rep. has only done well in recent years. Czech Rep. has shown that they have potential. There was a time where they couldn't even qualify. These days they're doing much better and I'm always happy when they qualify. I hope their broadcaster steps their game up. I want Czech Rep. or Poland to win the Contest in this decade.
Don't think there were any big events this year. The biggest event in May is usually ice hockey world championship, which often clashes with Eurovision broadcasts, but not this year. ČT simply moved the brodcast of the final to the second channel, which is a big disadvantage from the get go + their communication was one of the worst since we returned. Absolutely no promo within Czechia. It's only their fault that the ratings were bad once again. I guess it was not a decision of the Czech ESC team to move the broadcast to the inferior channel but they totally neglected Czech social media as well - which is their fault. If they hired some enthusiastic ESC fan I am sure he would do a much better job and for free as well.

shameless

Yes, secondary channel is a joke. Let's hope that this will not effect the quality of the entrance. CZ is on-point since their return and have a much better track record then some ESC-oldies atm. My dream is that they will become so successful that it will also cause a Slovakian return (did they ever compete in the same year? I think not.). :cool:

94ayd

Yes, secondary channel is a joke. Let's hope that this will not effect the quality of the entrance. CZ is on-point since their return and have a much better track record then some ESC-oldies atm. My dream is that they will become so successful that it will also cause a Slovakian return (did they ever compete in the same year? I think not.). :cool:
They both competed in 2009 but were eliminated in their respective separate semis.

Last edited:

Slabsson79

Don't think there were any big events this year. The biggest event in May is usually ice hockey world championship, which often clashes with Eurovision broadcasts, but not this year. ČT simply moved the brodcast of the final to the second channel, which is a big disadvantage from the get go + their communication was one of the worst since we returned. Absolutely no promo within Czechia. It's only their fault that the ratings were bad once again. I guess it was not a decision of the Czech ESC team to move the broadcast to the inferior channel but they totally neglected Czech social media as well - which is their fault. If they hired some enthusiastic ESC fan I am sure he would do a much better job and for free as well.
Well, The Great Czech Bakeoff had the priority on the 1st channel, overlaping 20 minutes into the contest, thus efficiently preventing the audience to hear the Czech entry. And of course...Dancing with the Stars and Bakeoff are shows, which are popular and have great ratings. It is obvious they will have priority. But Czech TV, as you are correctly stating, does not even try to promote ESC. And what is worse, they do not even promote ESCZ, the NF. Sure, Czech TV does not have an abundance of $ but still....they could try some more and promote the NF more intense, thus promoting Czech acts in Czechia and ABROAD...

Etanna

Well, The Great Czech Bakeoff had the priority on the 1st channel, overlaping 20 minutes into the contest, thus efficiently preventing the audience to hear the Czech entry. And of course...Dancing with the Stars and Bakeoff are shows, which are popular and have great ratings. It is obvious they will have priority. But Czech TV, as you are correctly stating, does not even try to promote ESC. And what is worse, they do not even promote ESCZ, the NF. Sure, Czech TV does not have an abundance of $ but still....they could try some more and promote the NF more intense, thus promoting Czech acts in Czechia and ABROAD...
Surely it would not cost them much to promote Eurovision, even if just a little bit. And they could have pushed back the Bake Off show by a week. Honestly, I don't think that organizing a proper NF would be such problem for them if they wanted to do it either but the problem lies in their lack of interest. And I really fail to understand why they care so little because I think they could gain a lot from Eurovision if they tried - I have noticed that there is interest in the show among the public.

nofuxCZ

Top Bottom